Wheel/FF?

• Thread starter Stotty
  • 39 comments
T300 arrived Thursday. A business trip to Norway Thursday/Friday meant I couldn’t get to until the weekend, but I’ve now had a couple of good sessions.

I’m using it with G29 pedals va the adaptor linked above.

Good news is there’s no deadzone! This makes placing the car precisely so much easier, and also makes catching tiny slides a lot easier too. The FF is a lot smoother than the G29 – there’s no clunking, or shaking.

FF levels are much higher – with FF at 75 (as I had it on the G29), the steering is far too heavy (too much rotational resistance). But the usable FF window is fairly narrow – at 35, there’s very little, at 50, it’s heavy in some cars… I’ll need to fine tune this further to find a good compromise.

So much better, but not without its faults (mostly minor)…

I have a 1stt generation wheel stand pro, with no holes in the base plate… and the T300 clamp does not attach the wheel solidly to the base. I’ve bodged it for now, but I’ll need to dig my tools out and drill a couple of holes in the base at some stage.

The button layout is rubbish. And the labelling is silly.

The wheel rim material is horrible – I like the shape, the way the paddles work and the thickness of the rim, but the covering is some cheap rubber that just feels nasty after an hour or so.

Overall, other than the nasty rubber wheel, it’s a significant improvement over a G29.

T300 arrived Thursday. A business trip to Norway Thursday/Friday meant I couldn’t get to until the weekend, but I’ve now had a couple of good sessions.

I’m using it with G29 pedals va the adaptor linked above.

Good news is there’s no deadzone! This makes placing the car precisely so much easier, and also makes catching tiny slides a lot easier too. The FF is a lot smoother than the G29 – there’s no clunking, or shaking.

FF levels are much higher – with FF at 75 (as I had it on the G29), the steering is far too heavy (too much rotational resistance). But the usable FF window is fairly narrow – at 35, there’s very little, at 50, it’s heavy in some cars… I’ll need to fine tune this further to find a good compromise.

So much better, but not without its faults (mostly minor)…

I have a 1stt generation wheel stand pro, with no holes in the base plate… and the T300 clamp does not attach the wheel solidly to the base. I’ve bodged it for now, but I’ll need to dig my tools out and drill a couple of holes in the base at some stage.

The button layout is rubbish. And the labelling is silly.

The wheel rim material is horrible – I like the shape, the way the paddles work and the thickness of the rim, but the covering is some cheap rubber that just feels nasty after an hour or so.

Overall, other than the nasty rubber wheel, it’s a significant improvement over a G29.
It may be expensive, but the 599 rim for the T300 is well worth it.

It may be expensive, but the 599 rim for the T300 is well worth it.

Might get one once I've paid for 8 days holiday in Miami, 5 days in Spain, and for a service, MOT and a full exhaust on the Porsche... this is going to be a financially painful month!

Deadzone causes 2 specific issues for me...

1) Corner entry to fast bends (that require minimal steering lock)... as I apply lock there's no resistance... then I suddenly get all the FF... which massively changes with rate of wheel rotation and results in it being hard to place the car precisely.

2) Corner exits... feel a tiny bit of oversteer, apply a tiny amount of counter steer, but no feel for where the right amount of lock is until suddenly you get full FF... which usually results in a vicious snap back.

Doesn't ruin the game, but can be frustrating with some cars.
This was a major issue for me, but I'm very glad to say that with our last update on the PC version all cars are now unified on the Tire Model 10. I am catching slides so much easier - oh, and there was some updating to all the cars inertia data so that probably plays a part in the improved feel, even with my garbage DFGT wheel.

I'm sure you spend a significant amount of time behind the wheel of Porsche's which all already had TM10 tires, but I think you'll feel a slight difference (maybe) with the inertia updates.

This was a major issue for me, but I'm very glad to say that with our last update on the PC version all cars are now unified on the Tire Model 10. I am catching slides so much easier - oh, and there was some updating to all the cars inertia data so that probably plays a part in the improved feel, even with my garbage DFGT wheel.

I'm sure you spend a significant amount of time behind the wheel of Porsche's which all already had TM10 tires, but I think you'll feel a slight difference (maybe) with the inertia updates.

There are a few cars that seem to be close to uncatchable - in so far as you feel a tiny slide starting, go to correct, but the car just continues to rotate no matter what you do, even at very low speed.

Let's see what the next update brings :)

Hello, I started playing AC few days ago and I have issues about wheel settings, ( T300RS, PS4 ). Do you have any idea about the value to put in MENU' - VIDEO - VIRTUAL LIMIT ROTATION? Somebody say OFF, other people say 900. Please, can you help me?

Hello, I started playing AC few days ago and I have issues about wheel settings, ( T300RS, PS4 ). Do you have any idea about the value to put in MENU' - VIDEO - VIRTUAL LIMIT ROTATION? Somebody say OFF, other people say 900. Please, can you help me?

As far as I've understood it; it's only a VIRTUAL rotation so only aesthetical/graphical in the game! Choose whatever you may like! For me, I choose the lowest value just to see less and less hands rotating all around my screen and affecting my concentration!

As far as I've understood it; it's only a VIRTUAL rotation so only aesthetical/graphical in the game! Choose whatever you may like! For me, I choose the lowest value just to see less and less hands rotating all around my screen and affecting my concentration!

Hi georgeagea, lowest value you mean off, is that right?

Back