Wheel help for PS4 on a budget

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by cunningham85, Apr 29, 2015.

1. cunningham85

cunningham85

Ok im looking for feedback on any of these wheels, PS4 Hurricane, Thrustmaster T60 and T80.

Im on a budget and ive not had a wheel since ps1 days, so not really sure how much I would use it.

Can anyone help obviously im wanting it to play Project cars

2. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

3. bleeder

bleeder

I'd go for a T100 as well, or seriously consider stretching funds for the T300 if possible.

Dave Beerman and HammyMansell like this.
  4. amazed

amazed

Is T100 PS3 only?

5. bleeder

bleeder

no it works fine with PS4 games apart from no share button.

HammyMansell likes this.
  6. thegt500

thegt500

The T80 isn't a FFB wheel so I can't imagine it'd give you much more enjoyment over a DS4. The T100 is a step up and is FFB and would be the one to go for if you're seriously short on funds. Its only a 270 degree wheel mind, so could be a bit 'twitchy' when steering at high speed.
    Like bleeder said, if you can stretch your budget, the T300 is the one to go for. It is expensive for sure, but IMHO, it's worth it.

Brit999 likes this.
  7. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

I got a T100 a few weeks ago and I can't speak highly enough of it. Love using it. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

HammyMansell likes this.
  8. cunningham85

cunningham85

Just ordered myself one should be here in a few days

HammyMansell and Crisis Nine like this.
  9. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

One what?

10. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

I'd assume a T100 maybe. Only given that it was the last wheel mentioned.

HammyMansell likes this.
  11. Fendedge dr

Fendedge dr

G

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  12. fenderbendr

fenderbendr

How is the durability of the t100? Also, what type of desk is best to mount it to?

I'm looking to get one to use on ps4, as I'm not a serious enough racer to buy the $400 t300. By the looks of things, the t100 should be just fine for me. Better than using a controller.

Crisis Nine likes this.
  13. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

I bought a T100 especially for PCARs..... It's sitting on my desk all setup waiting for next week!!! It's a dust collector until the 7th!! ;)

Rubencho, Crisis Nine and thegt500 like this.
  14. bleeder

bleeder

why not set it up, watch some youtube vids and pretend you're driving the car? :p

Crisis Nine, G219, Brit999 and 4 others like this.
  15. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Lol!! Good idea mate!! :D

16. awaite85

awaite85

Ever site says the T100 is PS3, kind of misleading. I think this is the one I will go with too though. Can a Shifter and clutch pedal be added to it?

17. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Yes mate i think it's because the wheel came out before the PS4, and the box has PS3/PC on it. It's not so much is was built for the PS3, more that the game developers for games on the PS4 have decided to support the T100 (Driveclub, PCARS, and more i'm sure in the future). It's a nice little wheel for the money!

18. thegt500

thegt500

awaite85, I've looked into the compatibility of shifter and clutch of the T100 and it looks like a no I'm afraid on the PS4 platform.
    According to Thrustmaster's site, the TH8A & older TH8RS shifter and both the T3PA and PRO pedals are only listed as compatible with the T300/500 wheels on PS4. However, they do list all the pedal and shifter upgrades as compatible with all racing wheels on PC which, as far as I understand it, the shifter/clutch assemblies are stand alone USB devices which can be implemented as any type of PC peripheral and set up as required.
    Unfortunately, it looks like the T100 lacks support for the add-ons and console users are tethered to whatever the wheel is compatible with, which in this case, is whatever ships with it in the box :(

Crisis Nine and G219 like this.
  19. awaite85

awaite85

I see, well as long as the T100 is ps4 compatible, it is reasonably priced and a go :)

Crisis Nine and thegt500 like this.
  20. VBR

VBR Premium

If anyone is near Derry in Ireland, buy this, then sell the bits you don't want to make some money back. For instance; if you wanna upgrade your G25 or G27 so it's Project CARS compatible, sell the cockpit & pedals, but keep the CSR wheel (it comes with an adapter so you can use Logitech pedals). I hope this helps someone out!

:tup:

21. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

I've been using mine for a month or so and it's fine but I apprecaite that I've not really given it a thorough bashing yet after just one month.

I've built a custom stand to clamp it on to out of an old kitchen cabinet as I'm very tall so normal stands feel too low for me. But its got a universal clamp so should be ok to clamp on to any desk or table.

22. cunningham85

cunningham85

Hey sorry T100 is the one I bought. Im at work at the moment and cant check the manual but the adaptor plug that's required what should it be fused to? I have a shaver plug but it only has a 1A fuse

23. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

Why are people still considering the T300 when the Fanatec 911 GT3 V2 and the CSR wheel are bundled with the CSR pedals for under $250? I'm probably going to end up selling my G27 for a CSR wheel bundle with the side shifters. Way cheaper than building a PC to keep my G27

24. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS

Because the T300 is a better wheel than the CSR. I have the CSR and the TX(same as T300).

G219 likes this.
  25. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

The only advantage I see to the T300 is a brushless FFB motor and full PS4 menu support. I'll take the CSR and use the DS4 to navigate menus (same way most people did it with GT6 on PS3) and save the extra $150.

Don't know if it's possible, but couldn't you theoretically replace the motor in the CSR with a brushless motor? Don't see why you couldn't.

26. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS

But the brushless FFB motor makes all the difference.

27. VBR

VBR Premium

Because many people do not live in America. Here in Europe the bundles you mentioned are not on the Fanatec website. The GT3 wheel sells for 239.95 Euros which is $268.54. The CSR Pedals sell for 99.95 Euros which is $111.86. So the whole lot is 339.90 Euros which is $380.40 - PLUS SHIPPING!

I recently bought some second hand Fanatec stuff, waiting for that to be delivered.

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
    LVracerGT and thegt500 like this.
  28. Doodle

Doodle Premium

So I'm someone who has been using a G27 on PS3, but I need to get a new wheel. I don't have much knowledge on Fanatecs, but I would like to know how they feel compared to a T300? Or maybe someone could point me in the correct direction to find the information I need? :)

29. Bluntified

Bluntified

It was nearly $400 after taxes and an extra $170 for shipping to Canada. It was a no brainer for me.

I paid $480 for my t300rs with enough money to grab the shifter, same out of pocket expense as the csr bundle.

Edit. Price was with csr elite pedals.

30. VBR

VBR Premium

Ask @BrandonW77 as he had a Logitech wheel & bought a Fanatec Porche GT3 to use with it.

:tup:

Doodle likes this.