Wheel LSD

• Thread starter massradia1
  • 43 comments
This is what I'm talking about. If you want to disagree with a professional judge and drifting instructor, (and logic), be my guest. I won't.

Also when he says "there is no way to open the diff up to give the back end grip." I'll tell you hes telling the truth with the accel at 60 ITS ALL WHEEL SPIN were is the grip? And i think i got it if i remember right when both the tires are in loss of grip the LSD locks up and if you let of the gas while its locked up, your losing speed....i think

Last edited:
Also when he says "there is no way to open the diff up to give the back end grip." I'll tell you hes telling the truth with the accel at 60 ITS ALL WHEEL SPIN were is the grip?

Dude, learn to read. He says there is no way to open up a welded diff to regain grip, but it IS possible in the 2 way diff. (My settings). It has NOTHING to do what-so-ever with the 60 accel. The Accel just locks the diff. :/

lol Another opinion, Im done haha

What opinion? That of a professional drifting judge and instructor? If you can't take his words for true, you will have some serious problems in life.

Dude, learn to read. He says there is no way to open up a welded diff to regain grip, but it IS possible in the 2 way diff. (My settings). It has NOTHING to do what-so-ever with the 60 accel. The Accel just locks the diff. :/

What opinion? That of a professional drifting judge and instructor? If you can't take his words for true, you will have some serious problems in life.

that's not what i was getting at it was just something i had spotted, and yes it was another opinion about the whole speed ordeal you can run away as much as you like because your slow, i used to have this same problem but i realized that it was a factor and learned to be faster

Also the only way to regain grip is to slow down but come anywhere to flooring it again and with those LSD settings your done your accel is just to high so is you braking

Plus the only time you should have your braking that high is when your in a 700 hp supra and need to stop all that wheel spin WHEN YOU LET OFF THE GAS

that's not what i was getting at it was just something i had spotted, and yes it was another opinion about the whole speed ordeal you can run away as much as you like because your slow, i used to have this same problem but i realized that it was a factor and learned to be faster

Also the only way to regain grip is to slow down but come anywhere to flooring it again and with those LSD settings your done your accel is just to high so is you braking

Plus the only time you should have your braking that high is when your in a 700 hp supra and need to stop all that wheel spin WHEN YOU LET OFF THE GAS

I really would love to battle you sometime. Just 'cause you can't handle wheelspin doesn't mean it's bad. Ask around, see what people think of the speed of my fully locked S14a. :)
The only time I need to brake is in a 700HP supra? I don't have any car on that HP, and I need to brake more than enough.

I really would love to battle you sometime. Just 'cause you can't handle wheelspin doesn't mean it's bad. Ask around, see what people think of the speed of my fully locked S14a. :)
The only time I need to brake is in a 700HP supra? I don't have any car on that HP, and I need to brake more than enough.

Lol, ok when i get my pedals fixed we can have a go and i can handle wheel spin its just i tune my cars for perfection every one of my cars has a different tune to max the possibility of that car for my style

and i think my S14 is faster :D lol i would be great full it may sound like im mad but i have respect for you

Why is it all about speed? I rather have the angle. But it's a balance between both really.

Its not, i mentioned something about it and it just escalated. I tune my cars for those both, do you know how hard it is to pull massive angle and keep your speed?

Dom you said,
1: Drifting isn't about speed.
But yet you still quote TTCH spreading the judgement points, and speed has 20 out of 100. If drifting wouldn't be about speed like you said, the 100 points would be spread out across angle, line, overall impression.

Dom you said,
But yet you still quote TTCH spreading the judgement points, and speed has 20 out of 100. If drifting wouldn't be about speed like you said, the 100 points would be spread out across angle, line, overall impression.

Don't take things otu of context. Read the red line. Yes, Speed is judged as well, btu it plays a minor role in the whole evaluation.

Its not, i mentioned something about it and it just escalated. I tune my cars for those both, do you know how hard it is to pull massive angle and keep your speed?

Yes i do know. I do drift on this and other games like LFS.

Don't take things otu of context. Read the red line. Yes, Speed is judged as well, btu it plays a minor role in the whole evaluation.

Define your words. According to what you just said:

20/100 vs 25 or 30/100 is comparatively minor.

Putting that in context we have a simple ratio: 20:25.

So with TTCH's criteria, speed is judged as 80% as important as angle and line, and 66% as important as overall impression. If speed is "minor", then it is only 20% less "minor" than line and angle.

This also means that getting an 80/100 vs 100/100 is also minor, because speed is a minor factor to care about. I'm not sure what margin your drift competitions are won by, but I usually do not think it is 20%.

I'm not sure how you define minor, but I will leave this here so you understand the context of the word you used. No opinion here, just putting the words you said to the numbers you said, because I'm not sure you understood it, since it doesn't really support your argument.

I have woken up to realize that Gonales is absolutely correct.

5/60/60 and 60/60/60 is pretty much the best setting.

All i needed was a G27 wheel to realize.

Bowdown

Define your words. According to what you just said:

20/100 vs 25 or 30/100 is comparatively minor.

Putting that in context we have a simple ratio: 20:25.

So with TTCH's criteria, speed is judged as 80% as important as angle and line, and 66% as important as overall impression. If speed is "minor", then it is only 20% less "minor" than line and angle.

This also means that getting an 80/100 vs 100/100 is also minor, because speed is a minor factor to care about. I'm not sure what margin your drift competitions are won by, but I usually do not think it is 20%.

I'm not sure how you define minor, but I will leave this here so you understand the context of the word you used. No opinion here, just putting the words you said to the numbers you said, because I'm not sure you understood it, since it doesn't really support your argument.

It's really simple. Get an X1, and do the section, let's see how much you score. Speed doesn't matter if the rest sucks. However, IF you hit all cp's perfectly and have a decent angle, speed is less of a concern.

Gonales
It's really simple. Get an X1, and do the section, let's see how much you score. Speed doesn't matter if the rest sucks. However, IF you hit all cp's perfectly and have a decent angle, speed is less of a concern.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Back