Wheel LSD

• Thread starter massradia1
  • 43 comments

massradia1

(Banned)
massradia1
So, the question is, what is the best LSD numbers and why?

For me I think 5/5/30 does it because it can be controlled quite easily.

So, the question is, what is the best LSD numbers and why?

For me I think 5/5/30 does it because it can be controlled quite easily.

initial lock occurs instantly at the minimum amount of torque, and locks tight (maximum 60) under acceleration. by setting the braking torque to 60 too gives a 2-way LSD effect whereby the lock stays tight and doesn't half-release when you lift off the throttle (control angle throughout long drifts with infrequent jabs at the handbrake and pulses of throttle). this locked diff setup will be really understeery when turning in so pivot the car using jabs of handbrake and throttle to "steer from the rear".

5,60,60 here!

Used to run 5,30,30, gonales suggested I switch and happy I did :D Helps run the car out wider on long corners.

5 on Initial torque or 5 on brakes ? i will give it a try as well :D

Sometimes i run lsd from hell 6 6 6 for cars with more torque and "compensate"(dunno if it is this word but) in the transmission, and a lot of different lsd on regular cars... its nice to see setups different than yours...

Let's try them all ( that meme) hahahahahahaha

I don't wanna share my settings but I don't run any of the above. I used to though.

Every car for me is different depending on the grip (width of tires and weight on them) and the torque that goes through, but they do all run very similarly.

Generally the numbers float between 5-20/7-25/ and always 5.

Lighter cars with less torque have lower numbers, heavier cars with more torque have higher numbers. Light cars with lots of torque have high initial torque, and lower acceleration sensitivity, and vise-versa.

On some cars I've experimented with open differentials. It's still something I'm trying to figure out more precisely.

I run stuff depending on the car, lets say a 180 i would run 15/22/7. 15 for stable transitions 22 cause i can stretch the corner cause i have a wheel, less wheel spin and it makes it grip more for a faster car, and because i don't have to worry about my car going to wide. i put brakes low so i don't slow down to 15 MPH when i let off the wheel i could go into detail pretty deeply but i don't want to write a huge paragraph. When i get online later i don't have a problem going into detail just PM me for my PSN

But dont use any of these on the same cars, always tune to the car to get maximum ability for that car. Im not doubting these LSD tunes but i can say that 60 on accel is was to much for a wheel and you will have to much wheel spin resulting in a spin out unless your gearing is setup to handle that much wheel spin

I run stuff depending on the car, lets say a 180 i would run 15/22/7. 15 for stable transitions 22 cause i can stretch the corner cause i have a wheel, less wheel spin and it makes it grip more for a faster car, and because i don't have to worry about my car going to wide. i put brakes low so i don't slow down to 15 MPH when i let off the wheel i could go into detail pretty deeply but i don't want to write a huge paragraph. When i get online later i don't have a problem going into detail just PM me for my PSN

But dont use any of these on the same cars, always tune to the car to get maximum ability for that car. Im not doubting these LSD tunes but i can say that 60 on accel is was to much for a wheel and you will have to much wheel spin resulting in a spin out unless your gearing is setup to handle that much wheel spin

1: Drifting isn't about speed.
2: Deceleration have only effect on brake appliance, nothing else. When you let off, that has nothing to do with Deceleration setting.
3: So you're disagreeing with people who have used DFGT's and other wheels for years, and some real life drifters who say it's the most realistic, and best option? That's either brave or stupid.

2: Deceleration have only effect on brake appliance, nothing else. When you let off, that has nothing to do with Deceleration setting.
3: So you're disagreeing with people who have used DFGT's and other wheels for years, and some real life drifters who say it's the most realistic, and best option? That's either brave or stupid.

1, I think that is your opinion and who are you going to blame when you can't tandem someone cause you can't keep up? oh sorry your going to fast you should slow down because drifting is not about speed.

2, Not true you can feel this all the time when you have it at 5 or 60 when you let off the gas your going to slow down its like engine braking.

3, Yes im disagreeing because im stating my opinion and my opinion is that is not very good to have that much accel but like i said whatever works for you and your style and about the speed thing i would like to see you make a 180 keep up and be on the door of a Z06 with a LSD of 10/60/60, 60/60/60, 5/5/5 or any of the others

No, engine braking is when you go down in the gears from say 4th, 3rd to 2nd. Staying in one gear isn't doing anything really.

1, I think that is your opinion and who are you going to blame when you can't tandem someone cause you can't keep up? oh sorry your going to fast you should slow down because drifting is not about speed.

I don't drift with people unless they have proven to have good skills. I don't care that I can't tandem with 90% of the drifters out there. When I tandem, I do it the way it should be done.

2, Not true you can feel this all the time when you have it at 5 or 60 when you let off the gas your going to slow down its like engine braking.

If you have no clue how a car works, don't lecture others about it. Engine braking can only be done while shifting.

3, Yes im disagreeing because im stating my opinion and my opinion is that is not very good to have that much accel but like i said whatever works for you and your style and about the speed thing i would like to see you make a 180 keep up and be on the door of a Z06 with a LSD of 10/60/60, 60/60/60, 5/5/5 or any of the others

Your opinion makes no sense. Try compete in a couple of good competitions against good drifters. Then we will talk again.

(P.S.: Anyone that keeps up with a Vette in a Z06 will NEVER get a good tandem going. Truly, trying to keep up with a Vette in any Silvia is a joke.)

Hardly ACTS as engine braking as that is a lot quicker. What you talking about is general deceleration that happens to every car. lol.

1. That's just your opinion, not a fact. So why try teach other people about your opinion...
2. When you let off the throttle, yes the Deceleration settings has something to do with that.
3. And you can't really say that one setting is the most realistic out the orders, unless you can prove it.
5 60 60 is more of a thing that a "leader" said and the sheep followed.

1. That's just your opinion, not a fact. So why try teach other people about your opinion...
2. When you let off the throttle, yes the Deceleration settings has something to do with that.
3. And you can't really say that one setting is the most realistic out the orders, unless you can prove it.

Thank you Lerk, also i have lots of experience and if i said my name i would be warmly welcomed, but im not going to release this info on GTP.
If you wish to know my name PM me

Also PLEASE, sense you know EXACTLY how a LSD works Ny, tell me how it does not affect the speed when you let off?

1: It's a fact. Speed is one of the smallest factors in judging, and so it should be. Out of competitions it even matters nothing at all.

2: No it hasn't. Deceleration Only applies during braking conditions. Quoting GT5 ingame: "The higher this setting the more stable stable the car's performance when braking, but the more likely the car will be to understeer when cornering".

It's also simple logic. With engine braking it's not the brakes (Hence the wheels) that slow the car down, but the engine. The differential can ONLY help the wheels under acceleration, or braking.

3: It's proven, multiple times by professional drivers and drifters. If you want a diff locked, that's the setting to use. Want me to quote TTCH or?

I used 5 60 60 when I first started drifting on GT4. I took the same setup through to GT5 and never changed away from it. So I'm far from a follower. And tbh, aren't we all followers, doing the same thing some Japanese guy invented?

PS: That's not Lerk.

1: It's a fact. Speed is one of the smallest factors in judging, and so it should be. Out of competitions it even matters nothing at all.

2: No it hasn't. Deceleration Only applies during braking conditions. Quoting GT5 ingame: "The higher this setting the more stable stable the car's performance when braking, but the more likely the car will be to understeer when cornering".

It's also simple logic. With engine braking it's not the brakes (Hence the wheels) that slow the car down, but the engine. The differential can ONLY help the wheels under acceleration, or braking.

3: It's proven, multiple times by professional drivers and drifters. If you want a diff locked, that's the setting to use. Want me to quote TTCH or?

I used 5 60 60 when I first started drifting on GT4. I took the same setup through to GT5 and never changed away from it. So I'm far from a follower. And tbh, aren't we all followers, doing the same thing some Japanese guy invented?

PS: That's not Lerk.
Sorry its Ono it was an accident, anyway speed is a great part of the judging just like everything else, you don't stick close enough you lose, your leading and pull away you win

and yes, it does affect your speed, i cant remember what resign but it does

1J JZX100 is correct.

The LSD is not connected to the brakes directly, its "braking" setting is applying to deceleration. I do not know why it is listed as it is, but it does not surprise me given how vague GT's LSD settings are already.

And for some stupidity... LSD settings do have an impact on how quick a car can drift because they have an impact on how much grip is available, and how quickly that grip is lost. 1J JZX100 is correct on multiple counts, and where he has opinion, his opinions are more based in fact than the contradicting opinions.

And lastly, improving the speed of a drift does not (if not properly) remove any skill or stylistic ability. Drifting quickly, does not make one drift badly in other scenarios. Drifting fast does not make you wreck when you drift slow. The best word for this type of thinking isn't ignorant, it's more superstition than anything else.

1J JZX100, I want to see you drift, I think we're quite similar in our style. Send me a friend request on PSN if you would like to.

1J JZX100 is correct.

The LSD is not connected to the brakes, its "braking" setting is applying to deceleration.

And for some stupidity... LSD settings do have an impact on how quick a car can drift because they have an impact on how much grip is available, and how quickly that grip is lost. 1J JZX100 is correct on multiple counts, and where he has opinion, his opinions are more based in fact than the contradicting opinions.

1J JZX100, I want to see you drift, I think we're quite similar in our style. Send me a friend request on PSN if you would like to.

I will but it might be a couple days also you know who i am i'll send you a PM and tell you

In RWD drift car, you want LSD effect under accel and decel, hence it's called a 2-way diff, because it provides LSD effect i both directions, accel and decel. Equivalent setting in GT5: Initial 10, Accel 60, Decel 60
Some race RWD's use what is called a 1.5-way, which provides full LSD effect under acceleration, but only 50% of that LSD effect under braking, which helps stop the back end braking away on the way into corners in tail-happy cars. Equivalent setting in GT5: Initial 10, Accel 60, Decel 30
FWD's use what is called a 1-way diff which only works under acceleration, meaning that turn-in is not affected in any way. Equivalent setting in GT5: Initial 10, Accel 60, Decel 5

Most competition drifters use 2-way diffs as they provide the added advantage over locked diffs of being able to be 'unlocked' simply by dipping the clutch. In a welded diff, there is no way to open the diff up to give the back end grip. LOTS of people use welded diffs for practice/fun, but for comps they have SERIOUS limitations.

Since we are not restricted to three judges like we are in real life, my suggestion would be for each judge to give a total score out of 100, which must also be broken down into declared scores for each of the criteria e.g. 25 for angle, 25 for line, 20 for speed and 30 for overall impression/style. Speed should always count for slightly less as it is the least variable of all the criteria and the differences will, in general, be minimal. There is no need for a score for 'time' as, essentially, speed and time are the same thing.

Just my thoughts :)

This is what I'm talking about. If you want to disagree with a professional judge and drifting instructor, (and logic), be my guest. I won't.

Back