Wheel-Only Drifting Event - Hosted by MSTER232

• Thread starter SalmanBH
  • 46 comments
Bahrain
Bahrain
SalmanBH
Well hello there everyone,

I have noticed that there are MANY people in this subforum who drift with wheels (DFGT's, G27's and T500RS's).

Thought that we could start up a wheel only drifting comp. And obviously we would need evidence that the person has a wheel so it would be mandatory to show that you do.

However, I won't be able to run this mainly due to me being too busy with my schoolwork.

Anyone willing to start this up?

Nice idea. the_kingB_ will love it :lol: but If we do it just like you said I will be banned 👎

Nice idea. the_kingB_ will love it :lol: but If we do it just like you said I will be banned 👎

Why would you be banned monsterGAUZ?

Also, just wanted to add.
Rules could be as follows:

-RWD only
- 300-480 BHP
- Disrespect to other members = BAN
etc.

Feel free to add to this list of rules.

DFGT's, G27's and T500RS's.....

No love for G25 users? :(

Seeing monsterGAUZ getting banned would be one of the last things I'd ever want to see in my life :lol:👍 . I guess I could take this one if you wish. I am able to make spreadsheets :) . Also don't have too much schoolwork to keep up with... for now. We would need judges though.

Okay. No power/weight restrictions but don't forget banning cars like:

Tank Car l ALL Racing Cars l Mazda RX-7 Spirit R l (Dodge Viper) l ALL Ferrari models l Lexus LF-A l Mercedes C63 (LOL just joking with you guys 👍 ) l Mercedes SLR l ALL Lambourgini models l Updates coming soon...

Do not ban any 4 doors! Some of them aren't that great.

I was joking with the C63. I know many people like to drift it.

EDIT: Now I really want to host this tournament series... :indiff:

EDIT 2: Just out of interest, when does this D1GP series start? Any judges want to volunteer (As much as I want to host, I'm unfortunately not a judge :( ) ?

EDIT 3:

JUDGES WANTED

Last edited:
I can't imagine people will be stupid enough to use other than acceptable drift cars. I as my be interested in this as my wheel drifting has improved recently.

Guess that I have caused quite a fuss here. xD

My next holiday is starting on the 4th of april (easter holiday).

If you guys want me to host this, then I can only do it from the 4th to the 14th of April. (my holiday)

Alright, anyone willing to organise this thing with me?

I have 2 weeks off starting the same date as you, but I don't really want a 1-off comp.

And Godfrey, there are standard cars faster than corvettes and rx7's.

I want to host this... I have 2.5 - 3 weeks starting on the 31st March

How about we make this a monthly thing?
Starting next month so we get more awareness..

Hmm..?

How about we make this a monthly thing?
Starting next month so we get more awareness..

Hmm..?

Well I can tell you for a fact that the awareness level about this drifting tournament has dropped greatly :indiff: .

People stopped replying all of a sudden.

Let's keep replying so this topic stays near the top :yuck: . You will also need professional judges if people are going to be interested in this tournament.

Alright then, any more suggestions to keep this wheel only tourney better?

When are you going to take sign ups? Advertising your tournament around the :gtplanet: website will also help in raising awareness about this.

I told you man, I won't be able to run this..
GCSE's are taking up a lot of my life.

And also, how can you advertise on gtplanet? Do you mean something like telling people to put a link in their signatures?

I told you man, I won't be able to run this..
GCSE's are taking up a lot of my life.

And also, how can you advertise on gtplanet? Do you mean something like telling people to put a link in their signatures?

Something like this:

6967155309_bcc16b0f17_b.jpg

Wanted to message this thread again. Come on guys please this would be an amazing idea.

I am willing to host this tournament but we need more people who are interested to join. Don't be afraid, people. If you want to meet and drift with talented drifters like me, then sign up! :D

I am willing to host this tournament but we need more people who are interested to join. Don't be afraid, people. If you want to meet and drift with talented drifters like me, then sign up! :D

I've changed the name, people will most probably know you more than me.

So maybe more people will start joining?

I've changed the name, people will most probably know you more than me.

So maybe more people will start joining?

Probably. I guess we could start taking sign-ups then. If you wish to sign up for this then use the following sign-up format.

Example:

6895725118_33f43191ff.jpg

Car: Toyota SOARER '01
GTP/PSN: MSTER232 / MSTER232
Wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT
Team: Team Galaxy

EDIT: I just thought of it, who is going to do the judges? Or should we do majority vote?

JUDGES WANTED

Last edited:
Mster and Salman, you need to get your stuff right... First of all the OP, how is someone gonna sign up if there is no rules no explanation no info what so ever. Just "wheel only". Get your OP right, also check the dates of other events so that they don't happen the same day as your comp. and then start taking sign ups. Just a tip.

Mster and Salman, you need to get your stuff right... First of all the OP, how is someone gonna sign up if there is no rules no explanation no info what so ever. Just "wheel only". Get your OP right, also check the dates of other events so that they don't happen the same day as your comp. and then start taking sign ups. Just a tip.

Well since I can't edit the OP, I guess I will have to open up a new thread about this?

How is this for a start on the rules and regulations?

Rules and Regulations

- Rear wheel drive cars only, strictly no 4WD.

- Comfort Hard tyres (I will think about the Comfort Medium drifting revolution)

- BHP limit is 720 bhp.

- As the title says, wheel users only. You will be tested for the smoothness of your steering.

- You will respect other drifters and any teasing or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated and you will immediately be kicked from the season.

- No deliberate ramming. If you ram another drifter on purpose you will be disqualified from the current round (Judges choice on this as I don't want to be biased).

- Most of all, have fun and enjoy yourself!

I guess that means more line videos for me to do. I'll have to plan this out on Microsoft Word first.

EDIT: I'm slowly building up this post until I have an OP that I can copy straight into a new thread for this drifting season :) .

Last edited:
Back