Wheel-tuned wanted for the S2000 GT1 Turbo

• Thread starter ShootDaCar
  • 36 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
Shoot_Da_Car
ROTA DRIFTER
Hey guys I have got a Amuse S2000 Gt1 Turbo! I can drift it on my wheel witch is a G27 Witch is pretty hard with the tune, I have got on it at the moment witch is simply Lowered to the max(sacked), With comfort hard tyres. Can someone, Please post a tune below, Thanks in advance and please include all fine detail.

P.S: I use the clutch kick method E.g Push clutch down for a drift and use the odd foot brake for the tighter corners.

Why not use decent cars instead? :/ Rx7 FD, S2K Gt1... There is a reason people don't make a lot of setups for them xD

As someone who loves the S2000 to death, including the GT1 turbo. I must urge you to not use the GT1 for drifting.

Far, far too much grip. Not to mention you're still learning.

I'm telling you, it's a bad move. You can either trust and believe me or do your own thing. I'm just giving you my opinion.

Far, far too much grip. Not to mention you're still learning.

I'm telling you, it's a bad move. You can either trust and believe me or do your own thing. I'm just giving you my opinion.

I trust you man very much, My mate sacked one and put c/h on his and he can drift it just fine.

The car can drift, if you know enough about tuning and how it changes a car to compensate for the differences between it band a normal s2000. For example, treat the car as if it gets more grip the faster is goes, has unusually low weight transfer but more weight than it appears to have, and has a more rear biased weight distribution than it seems. This is because of the aerodynamics inherent to the body.

The car can drift, if you know enough about tuning and how it changes a car to compensate for the differences between it band a normal s2000. For example, treat the car as if it gets more grip the faster is goes, has unusually low weight transfer but more weight than it appears to have, and has a more rear biased weight distribution than it seems. This is because of the aerodynamics inherent to the body.
Okay thanks.

To be honest?

If you know enough about tuning to properly drift the car, you shouldn't need to be asking for a tune.

I use all my friends tunes or ask never had experience in tuning cars

This car is a special case, because no matter what tune you put on it, you will need to drive a little differently.

Tuning isn't an 'off' or 'on' thing. It doesn't just make a car 'good' or 'bad', and you don't even need a tune to drift. In fact, I would guess that about 75% of all tunes are actually worse than stock or the default settings for drifting. They might be 'easier', but the result when you drive well is actually worse.

Tuning is a continuum. The cars can always drift, you just decide how they drift by giving it a tune. They never become 'bad' or 'good', they just get 'better' or 'worse' in certain situations. See what I mean?

So if you just want to drift the car, there's no point in putting a tune on it. Just learn to drive better. But if you want to drift well, you can put a tune on it, but for cars like the S2000 GT1 Turbo that require you to change your driving, you won't be able to drift it properly (maybe you can drift, but not well) until you can both adjust your driving and tuning at the same time.

In other words, If you don't know how to drive the car well, using other people's tunes might make you worse. If you don't know how to tune well, driving an unusual car (aka S2000 GT1 Turbo) will make you worse. If you can drive well, you can make the most out of a single tune. If you can tune well, you can make any car decent, but not get the best out of it.

The best, of course, is to drive well and tune well. Then you can make the most of any car.

This car is a special case, because no matter what tune you put on it, you will need to drive a little differently.

Tuning isn't an 'off' or 'on' thing. It doesn't just make a car 'good' or 'bad', and you don't even need a tune to drift. In fact, I would guess that about 75% of all tunes are actually worse than stock or the default settings for drifting. They might be 'easier', but the result when you drive well is actually worse.

Tuning is a continuum. The cars can always drift, you just decide how they drift by giving it a tune. They never become 'bad' or 'good', they just get 'better' or 'worse' in certain situations. See what I mean?

So if you just want to drift the car, there's no point in putting a tune on it. Just learn to drive better. But if you want to drift well, you can put a tune on it, but for cars like the S2000 GT1 Turbo that require you to change your driving, you won't be able to drift it properly (maybe you can drift, but not well) until you can both adjust your driving and tuning at the same time.

In other words, If you don't know how to drive the car well, using other people's tunes might make you worse. If you don't know how to tune well, driving an unusual car (aka S2000 GT1 Turbo) will make you worse. If you can drive well, you can make the most out of a single tune. If you can tune well, you can make any car decent, but not get the best out of it.

The best, of course, is to drive well and tune well. Then you can make the most of any car.

I have a list of tunes? I'm over the s2000! wanna see my little list and try some?

I have a list of tunes? I'm over the s2000! wanna see my little list and try some?

I have the feeling you didn't read my post. You know that a list of tunes is pretty worthless except to just have some fun, right? There's no guarantee that the tunes are better than stock settings, and even if they are, there is a pretty low chance that you can use them well enough to make them better than stock, if you can't tune yourself anyway.

I have the feeling you didn't read my post. You know that a list of tunes is pretty worthless except to just have some fun, right? There's no guarantee that the tunes are better than stock settings, and even if they are, there is a pretty low chance that you can use them well enough to make them better than stock, if you can't tune yourself anyway.

Putting me down? Its called practice on one tune then move to the next perfect one style then go to the next and so on?

Putting me down? Its called practice on one tune then move to the next perfect one style then go to the next and so on?

What is your goal? To learn how to get the most out of other people's tunes?

I'm suggesting that if your goal is to improve your drifting, then asking for other people's tunes at random is a really bad (inefficient) way to go about it. But I guess I may not understand what you're trying to do.

what is your goal? To learn how to get the most out of other people's tunes?

I'm suggesting that if your goal is to improve your drifting, then asking for other people's tunes at random is a really bad (inefficient) way to go about it. But i guess i may not understand what you're trying to do.

Get it threw your head that I "do not" now how to tune, Why aim it at me??? Theres more then one person that does this!

Get it threw your head that I "do not" now how to tune, Why aim it at me??? Theres more then one person that does this!

Slow down there junior, re-read what he's been saying.

He said using others peoples tunes are inefficient did he not?

And I'd agree with him to an extent.

Asking people for random tunes, especially for obscure and in my opinion bad drift cars is detrimental to your growth.

You're taking it very personal but the fact is it's true. You're new to this and you need to remember that.

And I'd agree with him to an extent.

Asking people for random tunes, especially for obscure and in my opinion bad drift cars is detrimental to your growth.

You're taking it very personal but the fact is it's true. You're new to this and you need to remember that.

If you agree with him, Witch you partly are, Why did you give me that s13 tune? I believe I am taken it in the wrong context but I do not now witch way to take it.

If you agree with him, Witch you partly are, Why did you give me that s13 tune? I believe I am taken it in the wrong context but I do not now witch way to take it.

Because it's not a random tune, it's a brilliant beginner tune.

This situation is different.

Were do I move on from? After the s13?

Perhaps you should talk to GhostZ about working with him to make a drift car. You can find his garage here.

It may give you an appreciation of what he's trying to say.

Back