Wheels for Forza...?

• Thread starter LANDO
  • 65 comments
Seriously wondering what the hell is wrong with MS. They seem to let this situation exist where they don't have their own wheel anymore and the only available wheel for the 360 right now is a very high-end one that few people are willing to buy (due to the price being very high).

It just doesn't make any sense to me. If one wants to play racers with a wheel for a reasonable amount of money the current available items on the market pretty much dictate that one buys a PS3 + Logitech DFGT.

It's totally beyond me that MS allows this situation to exist. There's tons of racers available for the 360 and tons of people playing them.

Yes me too. I would've thought there'd be a market for a budget wheel on Xbox 360. Forza 4/Shift 2 is coming soon I see the driving game market on 360 becoming bigger.

If it was selling reasonably well I'm sure MS would carry on. I wonder if Fanatec or Logitech can possibly make a budget wheel, MS maybe feel they're out of touch with the wheels and this is why it wasn't selling too well.

Fanatec could do it and I think Logitech should look into working with MS. Console base is split worldwide and can only see the Xbox 360 getting a more broad appeal with racing games like the PS has had. Logitech could make a DFP multiplatform XID/HID and price it accordingly.

Last edited:
We could do it but in order to bring down the prices significantly we would need to sell big volumes. And although I see that there are several people who do want such a wheel I don't see that the demand will be big enough to justify the huge development costs. And a medium level Xbox only wheel can hardly be made below 150,-

We therefore decided to offer a multiplatform wheel with excellent quality and features.You can get the PWGT2 with standard pedals for 300,- which is only a little bit more if you would buy two medium wheels which only work for a single platform.

This makes the most sense for all multiplatform gamers.

The reason why The GT2 is so much is because Microsoft has EXCLUSIVE rights to all of its accessories. Hence why the GT2 is soooo much. But it is also from what I have heard (still waiting to get mine, but should be here in a couple weeks) , the best on the market.

I am sure, at least pretty positive that Microsoft or a licensed by Microsoft affiliate will have a new wheel available when or just after Forza 4 hits the streets. They still have big hills to climb over though for the avid SIM racer....

1st. Clutch and shifter. All gamers want this with their wheels. Some may prefer the paddle shift, but clutch is a necessity. I cannot understand why you would not have put a clutch there in the first place.

2nd. Degrees of rotation. Most wheels have a locked 90-270 degree range. The Fanatec can be adjusted for 90-900, like a real steering wheel.

3rd. Realism in feel. The Fanatec puts you directly into the seat when you grab onto the wheel. Engine rumble with FFB, Tire squeal, speed of car. ALL other wheels only have the Force Feedback(FFB) with no engine rumble ability. You can fine tune the Fanatec GT2 down to your exact liking on the wheel itself(Unique to Fanatec at the moment). This is to fit your driving style. Up to 5 saved settings on the wheel as well.

So if a competitor is to come out and try to compete with Fanatec, you must have all of these features just to match Fanatec to begin with. Then somehow put it all together with the XBOX rights and be at a lesser price. I do not see how and be just as good of a product. It would be like Logitech saying more bars in more places like AT&T, when Verizon(Fanatec) blows them away and they do not even have to advertise for people to know this already.

Once I have my GT2 fully set-up for my liking, I'll post my own comparison compared to the MS wheel. I am sure there will be nothing comparable between the 2 though already.

The reason why The GT2 is so much is because Microsoft has EXCLUSIVE rights to all of its accessories. Hence why the GT2 is soooo much. But it is also from what I have heard (still waiting to get mine, but should be here in a couple weeks) , the best on the market.

I am sure, at least pretty positive that Microsoft or a licensed by Microsoft affiliate will have a new wheel available when or just after Forza 4 hits the streets. They still have big hills to climb over though for the avid SIM racer....

1st. Clutch and shifter. All gamers want this with their wheels. Some may prefer the paddle shift, but clutch is a necessity. I cannot understand why you would not have put a clutch there in the first place.

2nd. Degrees of rotation. Most wheels have a locked 90-270 degree range. The Fanatec can be adjusted for 90-900, like a real steering wheel.

3rd. Realism in feel. The Fanatec puts you directly into the seat when you grab onto the wheel. Engine rumble with FFB, Tire squeal, speed of car. ALL other wheels only have the Force Feedback(FFB) with no engine rumble ability. You can fine tune the Fanatec GT2 down to your exact liking on the wheel itself(Unique to Fanatec at the moment). This is to fit your driving style. Up to 5 saved settings on the wheel as well.

So if a competitor is to come out and try to compete with Fanatec, you must have all of these features just to match Fanatec to begin with. Then somehow put it all together with the XBOX rights and be at a lesser price. I do not see how and be just as good of a product. It would be like Logitech saying more bars in more places like AT&T, when Verizon(Fanatec) blows them away and they do not even have to advertise for people to know this already.

Once I have my GT2 fully set-up for my liking, I'll post my own comparison compared to the MS wheel. I am sure there will be nothing comparable between the 2 though already.

Anthony, there is no comparison between the GT2 and MS wheel. I have both and although I believe the MS wheel is decent, the GT2 is in an entirely different league, particularly if you combine it with the Clubsport pedals. For those that need a dual compatibility solution that works with the 360 and PS3, the GT2 is the only option. Simply put, its the best.

hello, new member here! recently gone back to forza after tiring out dirt2 and completely dissillusioned with gt5! wondering if anyone had problems with shifter paddles on their ms wheel? i managed to break one of the plastic locating pins on the right upshift paddle, and while i've glued it back on, i dont know if it will hold together. has anyone else had the same problem, and did you fix it ok?-would like to know before i go and buy an allen key which will fit and a starhead screwdriver to get the back off the wheel, thanks. really dont want to send back to microsoft, as it prob cost a lot, as warranty has just run out and was going to upgrade to fanatec gt2 later in the year!

years later and the situation still doesn't seem to be resolved. :D
The only budget wheel that i see people not hate is the Thrusmaster's 458 and the only reason for that is that i don't see anyone talk about it at all:D
So I wonder how bad is it? I get that it has no FFB but overlooking that will it hinder my performance in any way? Is it precise, etc

Back