Not really. T10 has actually made massive improvements on every single Forza as it went forward. They have always listened VERY well to the community. That's why its so shocking the amount of steps backward they took for F5. I really am confused with a lot of the decisions they made. It was a launch title for the new console so they clearly had to make a LOT of sacrifices to meet the deadline. Too many sacrifices IMO. Which is a bummer because T10 is up there as one of my favorite developers.
I still think F4 is incredible. Easily the best I have played out of the series so far. I had very few complaints about F4 other than lack of weather, lack of night racing, and cant load our tunes online. Other than those 3 complaints I thought F4 was the best racing experience I have ever had. I still truly love that game and play it every week.