when GT4 hits the stores, are you going to camp outside the night before?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greyout
  • 85 comments
  • 3,147 views
My usual game pusher usually sends me a nice email in good time saying that I might want to pre-order.. Got GT4P the day before it hit the stores here in europe.. I like him so much he's been put on my Xmess card list :dopey:

Mmmmm.. The power of credit cards :D
 
I'm too young for a credit card, but fortunately my local games shop is never inundated with people buying things, even on big launch days. The clientele also know me by sight, and I'm applying for a job there at the moment. Failing that, I have a friend who works at another branch of set gaming store and I'll be pumping him.

I desperately hope people camp out at stores the night before, if I'm bored enough I can go on an adventure with a digital camera to ridicule them.
 
Not being funny, but it seems the only people who queue up outside a shop waiting for a game/console to be released are the Japanese. Everytime any new console is released they queue up for days. Madness IMO.

I've never seen anyone queued up waiting for a game to be released here in the UK. However I do admit to queuing up to get a copy of "The Fat of The Land" by the Prodigy once at quater to midnight. Sounds really silly when I look back on it now.

Cheers

Jamie
 
I've already pre-ordered from amazon and am getting it for 10 quid less then RRP... Much like GTA:SA... Pre-ordering is the way to go...

I just checked Amazon and GT4 has gone up 2quid on the pre-order price... Mwuhahaha... I've still got it for £30 though... and free delivery!!

C.
 
I´m not going to do that. I´ve already pre-ordered the game, and knowing the system of my shop, postman brings my copy a day or two before the release.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol:

No I wouldnt camp outside the the night before GT4 is going to be released. I would always do the same thing whenever I want a game. Reserve it at Gamestop. Then call them in the morning of the release date and go calmly get the game ! :O

 
Dont think the suply vs demand will be as tilted to one side with gt4 as it was with the ps2. Got mine pre ordered anyways.
 
Definitely not here, there will be enough copies of GT4 around in the shops to meet demand for weeks.
 
I'll just stand outside for part of the night with an air horn to keep anyone dumb enough to camp out awake.
 
there are so many shops in the town i live(SATURN;MEDIA MARKT;and many COMPUTER SHOPS) so that i needn´t camp one night in front of a shop. but if iwere in such a sitaution i would do it of course because GT4 will be "THE BEST RACINGCAR SIMULATION" ever
 
Even if not camping meant waiting an extra week or two, I wouldn't do it.
 
With all the fuss and everything - I know it's hard to believe - I haven't even thought of how I'm going to acquire this game. :eek:

Can I have yours? *Points accusing finger*
 
no i'll just pop over the store opposite myw ork when it opens :)
 
Uh I'll just order it from the internet and get it a day early like I always do...
 
I work at target so hopefully I can just have someone reserve me a copy or even reserve it myself if I work that morning.
 
Well the Japanese copy will come via Lik-sang.com and the Pal one will come via some sort of shop more than likely.
 
I thought Race Idiot had his latitude and longitude in his location until I read it properly... You should get some food too.

Beefcake, nice song.

911_carrera, is that a Mirage or a Sukhoi? It's hard to tell from the angle, I can barely make out front canards so I'm wondering.

I think camping out would be great. Get frostbite, raped by elderly drunks, beaten, have your **** stolen, and by the time some teenage dweeb younger than you turns up to open the shop you're struggling for conciousness, fighting severe bloodloss and hypothermia, only to have him tell you the coffee machine is broken and the game didn't arrive. Yes sir, sounds like one hell of an evening.
 
Eagle
I think camping out would be great. Get frostbite, raped by elderly drunks, beaten, have your **** stolen, and by the time some teenage dweeb younger than you turns up to open the shop you're struggling for conciousness, fighting severe bloodloss and hypothermia, only to have him tell you the coffee machine is broken and the game didn't arrive. Yes sir, sounds like one hell of an evening.
:scared: You need to move to a nicer area.
 
Well if you have already pre-ordered it there is really no point.:)
 
I'm going mini-golfing tomorrow, if that helps the convorsation.
 
boombexus
:scared: You need to move to a nicer area.

I live in an incredibly tame area best described by Sir Spike Milligan as the only above ground cemetry (my suburb was primarily a retirement area for decades) - there's very little in the way of gangs or anything remotely like what I described. I just wish something interesting would happen here every now and then.

Does anyone still camp for such releases? Really? I think we're getting over that as a society. Look at all the tools who camped out to buy Windows 95. I'd much rather have camped for XP and no one did.

Then, there are concerts... But the Internet is helping there.
 
...but just people who live in a small city have got problems to get this game but are here some Persons who live in a city in which only one or two SHOPS exist??
 
Camping outside is so 1992 ;), I'll just order it on the inturdnet when it's out

"Look at all the tools who camped out to buy Windows 95"

Dear god that's awful
 
no way i would... cant afford to.. lol
ill just get it the day it comes out, im sure that every copy wont sell out straight away.
im going to preorder to make sure i do get a copy though. (just in case :p )
 
ur right the agmes can´t just sold out in one day because the SELLERS know that this game will be desired so they put many games into their store so that they have many reserves to sell!!
 
code_kev
"Look at all the tools who camped out to buy Windows 95"

Dumbest thing ever :) Should've just obatined an illegal copy (1 month in advance) as the rest of us losers :crazy:
 
I told EBgames I was. And I'm serious that I will...
 
amazon will stand in the cold for me...
 
There are better things to wait in line for... like food, or sex for instance... :D

I'll probably just order mine online, so there won't be a point in camping out in front of my door... :sly:
 
Back