When the tracks become available

• Thread starter RogsR34UK
  • 64 comments
themann42
so you unlock courses just by playing the game? the longer u play whether you stink or not you'll get more tracks?

Right!
Spend 350 days in the Clubman Cup or at the Wheel Shop and you'll get them all ;)

Buy a set of wheels, buy a wing, buy a car, sell a car, win a race, win a prize. Each of those will advance the game by a day. I think that Photomode has the same effect, also driving on a track (must check those to confirm), though the latter of course adds mileage to your car. Doing each of those will bring you one day nearer to the Sarthe circuit without the "kinks".

nightkid86
So If I buy a the same wheel with all three sets of tires, can I put the wheel on any car? or Must I buy a different set of rims for each car?
You must. When you buy your wheels you get a message saying that you have to leave your old wheels at the shop and can never use them again. There is no 'wheel change' screen like in GT3.
The game automatically changes your tires for you when you enter a race that requires something different than what you have on. (That is, if you own the proper tires already) If you don't own the proper tires you can't even scout the race.

rockthing
When you buy your wheels you get a message saying that you have to leave your old wheels at the shop and can never use them again. There is no 'wheel change' screen like in GT3.
Was just about to ask about that, shame really if you fancy a change but want to keep a set of WOTD wheels, Which set of tyres/wheels show up the garage? must this be changed in the setup screen under tyres or is there a quick change bit in the garage?

Also if you have one set installed before a race which automatically changes tyres do the new ones stay installed?

Good to know that there's multiple available each day.

RogsR34UK
I spent a "fun filled" few hours with a new game producing this. A side effect was to discover that the "Wheel of the Day" selection repeats every 32 days.

Anywayy.. the list of tracks and the days thet unlock:

i didn't see las vegas, is that still in and if so do you unlock or is it open straight away or is it only used in arcade????

Las Vegas is there at the start (I presume) but is only in GT Mode in the Power and Speed section. You can use it in preference to the 0-400 dash at the Test Course. It does not count as being one of the courses.

Excellent, this is helpful stuff... Day 1 - Nurburgring Nordschleife... what a relief!!! :dopey: I've been waiting for too many real days to have to wait any longer to unlock the 'ring...

Its a pity about the "unkinked" Sarthe circuit though, being the last one to be released. Still 80 license tests plus 5 coffee breaks if that averages two attempts for each you are almost half way there at 170 days. Add in a day for a race, another for a prize giving, buying wheels, buying or selling cars and Photomode then time goes by very quickly. I am over 2000 days in now. I intend to check that the black Le Mans cars come through at day 2094 as its a 700 day cycle.

Hmm, I don't like the idea I can't run on the Le Mans course straigh at the beginning of the game, but at least I've got HSR. Is that for the Arcade and the Simulation section of GT4?

RogsR34UK
Yes, as the tracks are unlocked in GT Mode they become available in Arcade mode.
But we can race them at any time in GT mode, correct?

Oh, El Capitan was left off the second list.

Yes for a small fee any of the tracks unlocked can be driven in GT Mode. Plus of course you get to race on tracks whether they are unlocked or not in the various halls or at the manufacturers.

:grumpy: Woo, loads of time on the Nurb and le sarthe.
In fact, since the Nurb is one of the first tracks, i know what ill be doing when i get it. :)
One thing though, NO Grindelwald :grumpy:

Impreza04
:grumpy: Woo, loads of time on the Nurb and le sarthe.
In fact, since the Nurb is one of the first tracks, i know what ill be doing when i get it. :)
One thing though, NO Grindelwald :grumpy:
Or Red Rock Valley!!! :grumpy:

Zondiot
sorry for being noob but how does a day pass in GT4?
Enter a race or do a licence test. Wacthing videos of races (ie in GT2) doesn't add to your day count, as well as taking cars out for a spin on Test Course (may have changed for GT4). Day count was/still is used to calculate your in-game stats: races entered, races won, win ratio and average ranking.

Will the Tsukuba Circuit mini become availiable?
When you look at the course design you can see two courses on it where the long 180 degree section is omitted.

how do i unlock tracks in 2-player mode/??
my friends are sick of only 3 dirt tracks, but when i go to play 1 player in arcade mode there's 7. what gives???

^ to answer this (old) question : due to the rendering capabilities of the PS2, not all tracks are available in 2-player mode.
3 is all you can get.

Edit :
Perhaps someone who has time could put all the days when tracks are unlocked in the wiki 💡

I've got lot's of time ;)

I'd do it, and even sort 'em chronologically.

EDIT: Halfway through :)

EDIT 2: Sorted Chronologically, only no Wiki-editing access :(

EDIT 3: B(S-Z)en is working on the wiki, since he has access.

Back