When to stop playing gt5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yosuplee
  • 64 comments
  • 4,799 views
On November 11th when the Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim comes out. Then I'll play that until GT6... or Elder Scrolls 6 comes out. 👍
 
On November 11th when the Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim comes out. Then I'll play that until GT6... or Elder Scrolls 6 comes out. 👍

👍 That's it, 11.11.11 cool date to present a cool game and burry another one.
 
👍 That's it, 11.11.11 cool date to present a cool game and burry another one.

Indeed, it is a great date for a big release. I hope it goes smooth and stays on track for release on 11.11.11. I don't think I'll bury GT5 on that date, maybe just play the seasonals when they're updated, but I know Skyrim will take a ton of my game playing time. CAN'T WAIT!!
 
If you like driving, you probably won't stop playing. How often will you get a chance to take a TVR Speed 12 out for a spin around Trial Mountain in real life?
 
Does PD really think after 5 years of waiting and only 5 months of actual playing we want to wait for GT6 for all of this other stuff. (they do not even know if GT6 will be on PS3 so we might be waiting another 6 years for GT6)
 
I thought I might be done (40/40, near completion of S-E's and licenses), but then I went online for the first time the other night and got beaten like a redheaded stepchild. Now my second wind is kicking in -- it seems that getting to 40/40 was just "prologue part II;" now the real game begins!

I'll probably wind down and be in the Skyrim crowd come November though, or Battlefield Bad Company 3. Wife says I have to pick one...:ouch:
 
Join an online race community. Everything else is a total waste of time for anyone imo, unless you're making money to buy cars for online racing.
 
I'll give up when they pry my controller from my cold hard arthritic hands..!!

Online is where this game is at. As long as they keep updating it, and maybe throw us some new cars once in a while, me and my mates will keep on racing, week in week out…

{Cy}
 
Once complete with A/B-spec and everything else then it's all about the enjoyment of driving/racing; just for fun. I won't stop until GT6 comes out.
 
I got to 40 on A and B-spec with 1000 cars so started again to collect the tickets rather than use them 👍
 
I'll keep playing on and off untill GT6.
 
architype07
When I fall asleep at the wheel

lol I've done that! Indy 500!

To answer the original post, I don't "plan" to quit. I might give it a break for a bit when it burns out my PS3 though.
 
I completed everything 100% but currently i dont have time to play, i just sign in to get the free paints and cards and turn it off...
I really dont have the time to play now....
 
I'll probably still play GT5 when I'm old and grumpy... I can say that because I still play GT2 from time to time.
 
When you guys plan to stop playing gt5?!

Im level 40 A/B spec. Gold all races, at least bronze on licenses, special events, and almost all trophies except "all golds trophy" and the platinum trophy. 98% completion. Not interested in golding everything... I might be done...

I've stopped. Got tired of waiting for PD to fix all the things that are broken about this game (actually, my biggest criticism is that GT5 doesn't work as a game, it's just a soulless physics model with background music).

I bought NFS:Shift 2. Haven't looked back... It's such a great, exciting, fun game:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198122

A much more rewarding experience than GT5 has ever been. 👍
 
Don't stop now, because the online racing is getting better and better, as all the whiners and crybabies are walking away from this game!

👍
 
I've stopped. Got tired of waiting for PD to fix all the things that are broken about this game (actually, my biggest criticism is that GT5 doesn't work as a game, it's just a soulless physics model with background music).

I bought NFS:Shift 2. Haven't looked back... It's such a great, exciting, fun game:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198122

A much more rewarding experience than GT5 has ever been. 👍

For you especially, I will shed a tear, because you left ;)

Maybe Shift2 is simply the game that suits you better, since it isn't that demanding.

We expect you back when the 6th installment has released, simply to desillusionate us fanboys here 👍
 
Frankly i stopped playing a while back as I have plenty of other games that I want to finish. However I still do a trade everyday.

Same here. I don't play anymore because I have tons of other games. The trading restrictions ruined all my plans like getting all the cars / paints etc. hence I don't play anymore. I still do one trade each day and then I play something else. What should I do on lv 40 when I cant even trade all the important cars. I can only trade ONE!!! crappy under 1 million car per day, lol. That is ridiculous. In fact I finished the game again on my second account just to get some more tickets. Hello PD?! That is called very bad game design. 👎
 
A couple of games came out that get my attention right now. I will go back to it at some point. Just not sure when.
 
I quit playing everynight when I fall asleep at the controller. Then Bob takes overnight the rest of the night, I go to bed, get up and go to work, and Bob races for me all day. I get home, eat and repeat. Unless my kid is playing that dumb Call of Duty game....:indiff:
 
brambos
I've stopped. Got tired of waiting for PD to fix all the things that are broken about this game (actually, my biggest criticism is that GT5 doesn't work as a game, it's just a soulless physics model with background music).

I bought NFS:Shift 2. Haven't looked back... It's such a great, exciting, fun game:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198122

A much more rewarding experience than GT5 has ever been. 👍

I pretty much agree with this. I say "pretty much" because I'm currently in a Spec Miata series which is a ton of fun, but unfortunately, GT5 will be dead to me once again if there are no major updates by the time this series ends. Only reason I turn on GT5 is for seasonals and to practice for the race series I'm currently in.

Right now, I'm alternating between what I'm doing in GT5 I mentioned above and racing games that are just better at being fun. Burnout 3, Midnight Club LA, and FM3 come to mind. I'm also playing through GT3 again, and granted, the physics in GT5 are much better, but the driving in GT3 is realistic to a degree and that's good enough IMO. And more importantly, it's fun.

I really hope Kaz and the rest of PD take the time to look at the older GTs so they know what a FUN racing game is like and can fix GT5 and make sure the problems we see now don't happen again in GT6.
 
Stop when u get GT6 (many years gt5 time).
Discover GT5 Online and make friends to play with. It isnt perfect. black screens and to limited details in host list but most fun racing a good pp limit race. (a-spec is bad anyway :p )
 
Back