when will G29 compatibility be announced??

• Thread starter Pantheons
  • 60 comments

Am I reading this right and getting the impression Logitech are announcing a new wheel? For a moment I initially thought it was a compatibility announcement, hence the #KeepPlaying line, but then Sony have now done that themselves. Very curious to see what it is

So, it is confirmed the G29 will work on Ps5 right??
Just double checking before buying it.
Thanks!

it's not confirmed, wait for Logitech word, they will launch a new wheel also,

my bet is that the g29 will not work with the ps5, which you will need to buy the new wheel they will announce this week.

Last edited:
So no actual answer yet as their blog includes this "Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles. "

Yeah, basically they are giving responsability for the compatibility to the manufacturers.
The next announcement from logitech should confirm that.

So it looks like Logitech are announcing the G923?
upload_2020-8-4_7-31-20.jpeg

Good luck anyone trying to sell their second hand G29 if Logitech announce tomorrow that its not compatible with PS5. Ive been watching the prices on Ebay, crazy high prices for 2nd hand this year. Sometimes its cheaper to buy it new!!!

Official language time!

As you know, the Logitech G29 Racing Wheel and Pedals is compatible with PlayStation 4 and PC

The G29 will also work with PlayStation 5* when the console launches this holiday season.

*The Logitech G29 Racing Wheel and Pedals is developed under the official licensing program for PlayStation®. It is officially licensed for PlayStation 4 and will work with PlayStation 5 subject to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s final product approval.

Last edited:
Thanks Rich:
Official language time!

As you know, the Logitech G29 Racing Wheel and Pedals is compatible with PlayStation 4 and PC

The G29 will also work with PlayStation 5* when the console launches this holiday season.

*The Logitech G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals is developed under the official licensing program for PlayStation®. It is officially licensed for PlayStation 4 and will work with PlayStation 5 subject to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s final product approval.

Great news, so for example for GT7 should work, unless GT7 rules it out for some reason

Thanks Rich:

Great news, so for example for GT7 should work, unless GT7 rules it out for some reason
Well we of course have to still work with Polyphony to ensure support, but they have the G29 and the newly announced G923 already (they already support the G923's new Trueforce feature in GT Sport).

So the G923 is a replacement for the separate PC/PS and Xbox wheels. Meaning one wheel will support both consoles and PC? Thats how a read the ad.

Official language time!

*The Logitech G29 Racing Wheel and Pedals is developed under the official licensing program for PlayStation®. It is officially licensed for PlayStation 4 and will work with PlayStation 5 subject to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s final product approval.

Hi LOGI_RICH,

I just had a conversation with the support from Logitech, but they can't confirm yet that the G29 will work on PS5.

Can you give some more info on how you know and they don't?

Can we contact you on your Logitech mail? Just to be sure the info is correct and no people are buying a not compatible wheel.

Thanks.

Support were operating off messaging that meant that we couldn't confirm things either way with regards to PS5. I suspect the updated note that resulted from Sony's announcement on Monday hasn't filtered through to everyone yet so I'll check on that.

The info is correct though - that official wording is precisely that: official.

It would be great if we could see it on an official Twitter/Facebook account or website
If you don't believe the "Global Product Manager for Simulation at Logitech G," who exactly will you believe?

I can confirm he's using a Logitech email.

It's a fair comment and you will start to see the messaging on social. The social team are based on West Coast US though so not just yet!

the 'social' team were up and writing 5 hours ago on twitter. No mention yet on there of G29 and PS5 definitely compatible WITHOUT an asterix get-out clause.

the 'social' team were up and writing 5 hours ago on twitter. No mention yet on there of G29 and PS5 definitely compatible WITHOUT an asterix get-out clause.
That's because it is ultimately Sony's call and not Logitech's, as was explained earlier.

Thanks for your input into the situation @LOGI_Rich.

Fantastic news, can't wait to try GT7 and should the reviews of the new wheel sound like it is a significant upgrade I can't wait to support Logitech again!

@LOGI_Rich Thankyou!

Its all good new for G29 and the newer G923 for compatibility with older and up coming consoles.... but .... its still on final approval of Sony.
I would be very surprised now if its not all approved ok , but its still not definite.. yet.

the answer I got From logitech for the compatibility of g29 with the ps5 !!! I think we are ok now !!!! see the email they sent me!

Annie Kishore (Logi)

11 Aug 2020, 3:03 a.m. GMT-7

Thank you for contacting Logitech G Customer Service, my name is Annie Kishore and we will assist you today with your concerns. I apologize for the late reply.

At Logitech G, our goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the Logitech G market. We are proud of the products and services we offer, and we want our customers to enjoy them as much as we do.

The Logitech G29 and G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals have been developed as part of the official PlayStation® licensing program. They are officially licensed for the PlayStation 4 and will run on the PlayStation 5, subject to the final approval of the Sony Interactive Entertainment product.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Logitech G., good day.

Do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Thank you, Logitech Support

Back