When will GT6 get up to speed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nielsen
  • 42 comments
  • 3,366 views
Messages
10,022
Denmark
Denmark
I may be getting impatient but I cannot believe that GT6 still doesn't have at least the same features that GT5 had from day one. For example, where is B-Spec and the community features? Yes, we did get 100+ new cars, a handful of new tracks, and some general improvements but I cannot help feeling that upgrading to GT6 has involved some sacrifices I honestly didn't expect to be long-term. I personally think the community features in GT5 made the game feel much more alive than its predecessors but after almost three months since release, GT6 gives of a really isolated vibe that is beginning to bother me.
 
There were no community features in GT5.
 
Funny, I always regarded social media to be anti-social.
Nah, just a way to make humanity stupider than it already is. But I digress for the purpose of the topic at hand.
 
So you wouldn't call:
- Trading cars
- Messaging others
- Private Lounges
- More
Community Features?
No..
 
I don't know but maybe was this what was he reffering to?
No as well. These options are no where near community options.

Addition:
Not to be rude but a better understanding of community is needed.
 
No as well. These options are no where near community options.

Addition:
Not to be rude but a better understanding of community is needed.

Would you care to elaborate on a definition that can enlighten us then? The official GT website refers to those as community features. Since such features currently are absent from GT6, this is most likely what we can expect, although somewhat improved upon.
 
OK @Nielsen, Just becomes you can trade with people on your list, message, private lounge or more doesn't mean it's a community. A community is being able to do the same without having the limitations of a list, if you must limit the community to the friends list then its not a community.
 
5 didn't reach anywhere close to full potential until 2.00, I doubt 6 will be any different.
 
Example:
I have over a hundred GPS track data that I can load up to the GPS track creator when it's available and I would like to share one of those track that aren't listed in GT6 with someone that not on my friends list. Now should I have to add that person to my friends list to share that track? If it was a GT COMMUNITY I shouldn't have to correct?
 
Last edited:
OK @Nielsen, Just becomes you can trade with people on your list, message, private lounge or more doesn't mean it's a community. A community is being able to do the same without having the limitations of a list, if you must limit the community to the friends list then its not a community.

You can argue that all PSN friend lists are unique, thus there is no inherent community interaction. Still, that is what GT has chosen to call features such as trading, messaging, etc. Therefore, it would only be confusing if we call it anything else here.
 
You can argue that all PSN friend lists are unique, thus there is no inherent community interaction. Still, that is what GT has chosen to call features such as trading, messaging, etc. Therefore, it would only be confusing if we call it anything else here.
Oh come on, it's still not a community. You can word it or think of it anyway you like or state it anyway you please, it still doesn't point to a true community. We shouldn't have any LIMITATIONS if it's a true GT COMMUNITY......

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 
Oh come on, it's still not a community. You can word it or think of it anyway you like or state it anyway you please, it still doesn't point to a true community. We shouldn't have any LIMITATIONS if it's a true GT COMMUNITY......

Do you just want to argue? I recognized your point so please take your concerns to Sony.
 
Do you just want to argue? I recognized your point so please take your concerns to Sony.
PD and Sony already KNOW what their doing.
 
PD and Sony already KNOW what their doing.
Okay I am just reading this thread, and I just had to chirp in. Zuel your posts are making no sense whatsoever, are you just trying to start arguments and flame wars?:rolleyes:
 
Okay I am just reading this thread, and I just had to chirp in. Zuel your posts are making no sense whatsoever, are you just trying to start arguments and flame wars?:rolleyes:
Not another one...
 
PD and Sony already KNOW what their doing.

Im sorry but if PD and Sony knew what they were doing they would have added features to GT5 and given us a game but GT6 doesn't even have simple things like horns to collect or being able to send cars.

@Zuel You better know what you are getting into. Seems like a couple of people are on this side.
 
Not another one...
And what am I another one of? Please elaborate for me, it would be greatly appreciated.:)
 
People don't read anymore I take it, or understand complex matters. And If I must explain another one to you @fortbo then I feel for you.
 
People don't read anymore I take it, or understand complex matters. And If I must explain another one to you @fortbo then I feel for you.
You just don't stop do you?:lol: I've had enough I'm going to bed.
 
You just don't stop do you?:lol: I've had enough I'm going to bed.
Like I stated before "Another one"
 
OK @Nielsen, Just becomes you can trade with people on your list, message, private lounge or more doesn't mean it's a community. A community is being able to do the same without having the limitations of a list, if you must limit the community to the friends list then its not a community.

So using your definition, a gated community isn't a community either?
 
@jimipitbull why should I be limited to the people on my friends list if I want to share something addition: or get something? Think of it as a Township and the township is GT. If I happen to come across something I would like to share or barter with should I be limited to the persons on my list or in my circle? Or can I find something else more of value out side of my circle? A community is being able to do what you can and please withing the people without knowing them.
 
Oh no!, another impatience thread! Nobody on GTPlanet knows when the big features will be rolling out the door at this point because none of us work at PD (well, none that I know). Zahara de la Sierra is coming in a few weeks, Senna stuff in May. Zuel, thankyou for being less ambiguous in your most recent post.
 
Last edited:
@jimipitbull why should I be limited to the people on my friends list if I want to share something addition: or get something?

Because you might be a criminal. Or worse.

@jimipitbullThink of it as a Township and the township is GT. If I happen to come across something I would like to share or barter with should I be limited to the persons on my list or in my circle? Or can I find something else more of value out side of my circle? A community is being able to do what you can and please withing the people without knowing them.

A township can contain different communities. Some communities are exclusive to members, others are not.
 
A criminal within GT @jimipitbull? In that case everyone on this bloody form is one is one fashion or another.
I know a township can contain a community within a community but that shouldn't limit me or anyone to do anything.
Correct? It's part of a community, you can have your friends within the circle along out of the circle. There are times that the one's in the circle can be worse of than the ones outside.
 
Back