When will GT6 get up to speed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nielsen
  • 42 comments
  • 3,366 views
A criminal within GT @jimipitbull? In that case everyone on this bloody form is one is one fashion or another.
I know a township can contain a community within a community but that shouldn't limit me or anyone to do anything.
Correct? It's part of a community, you can have your friends within the circle along out of the circle. There are times that the one's in the circle can be worse of than the ones outside.

Incorrect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community

In human communities, intent, belief, resources, preferences, needs, risks, and a number of other conditions may be present and common, affecting the identity of the participants and their degree of cohesiveness
 
Oh come on, it's still not a community. You can word it or think of it anyway you like or state it anyway you please, it still doesn't point to a true community. We shouldn't have any LIMITATIONS if it's a true GT COMMUNITY......

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................


The term community has two distinct meanings: 1) Community can refer to a usually small, social group of any size that shares common values. The term can also refer to the national community or international community, and 2) in biology, a community is a group of interacting living organisms sharing a populated environment.


I do not know what your meaning of community is, but it certainly sounds like a "community" to me.
 
Oh no!, another impatience thread! Nobody on GTPlanet knows when the big features will be rolling out the door at this point because none of us work at PD (well, none that I know). Zahara de la Sierra is coming in a few weeks, Senna stuff in May). Zuel, thankyou for being less ambiguous in your most recent post.

The emphasis is not on my impatience. Neither is it a search for a definite answer, so feel free to speculate. All I'm saying is that I'm surprised that GT6 still doesn't have basic features, even by PD's increasingly questionable standards, not to mention that the PS3 really needs its games to be as strong as possible right now.
 
I think things got delayed at PD which they weren't really expecting. I suspect a last minute changing of minds at Sony about a PS4 version of GT6, which "they" would need to get to work on right away for it to make any sense from a business perspective. I would think it would take a few weeks for PD to redistribute the team to be able to start on that right away and continue production of new content and updates for GT6. You notice in all the updates so far, it's really only been small but crucial to normal gameplay things that have been fixed. I'm sure they're back on track now.....pun intended.....but that delay is going to filter down to us, there's no way around it (assuming my theory is right........which they tend to be because they're based on common sense). I expect by the end of Feb.-!st week of March, the first REAL update will be released. And I'm hoping the track creator will soon follow, because that's all I really want. I'm sick of not having the Top Gear test track to run on, and I NEED Watkin's Glen, both of which I know I can create near perfectly given halfway decent tools.

The only community features I really care about or want is a server based sharing system for created tracks instead of just friend based. If I want to share my Watkin's Glen (Short Track), I can post it up on the server for anyone to look up or happen by while browsing a data base of shared tracks. That feature I actually do expect to be in GT6 once the track creator and community features are released.

Something I'd like that I do not expect from PD (not their style imo), would be that we all get our own Online Used Car Dealership. We name the Dealership and we sell our own customized cars, which again are on the server that any GT gamer can browse all the dealerships and buy whatever's for sale if they've got the credits.

I mean, let's be honest. We all know, at least it's pretty obvious that PD and Kaz was feeling pressure from himself and also from Sony to make sure GT6 was out by Christmas. It wasn't an option this time even though the game really could have used a couple more months of dev time to polish up. Whenever the track creator and community features are ready to release, I think that is when GT6 would have released naturally.

Luckily, GT is pretty much the only game series that I'm perfectly fine getting a not totally complete game and it being completed through updates because it feels like an organic game that's growing and evolving. I look at it similarly to how PCars investors must feel......they just happened to sign up for that experience........ The problem GT6 has with that style of evolving game that GT5 didn't is TIMING. Being an extremely late generation game, time and therefore gamer's patience is not on their side. GT6 for PS3 aside from DLC needed to be pretty complete right out of the gate, or very soon after. WHich is why I think PD and Sony suddenly realise they need a PS4 version ASAP, otherwise all the effort that goes into GT6 over the next year or 2 will be a complete waste, especially with how fast PS4s are selling.
 
Luckily, GT is pretty much the only game series that I'm perfectly fine getting a not totally complete game and it being completed through updates because it feels like an organic game that's growing and evolving. I look at it similarly to how PCars investors must feel......they just happened to sign up for that experience........ The problem GT6 has with that style of evolving game that GT5 didn't is TIMING. Being an extremely late generation game, time and therefore gamer's patience is not on their side. GT6 for PS3 aside from DLC needed to be pretty complete right out of the gate, or very soon after. WHich is why I think PD and Sony suddenly realise they need a PS4 version ASAP, otherwise all the effort that goes into GT6 over the next year or 2 will be a complete waste, especially with how fast PS4s are selling.

I was also OK with buying the game not finished, but only under the pretenses that it would be updated commonly and with more content than GT5 had. Just because they may have made a mistake only releasing it on PS3 and not a multi-console release like some other PS4 games, doesn't mean that we should suffer for it. As far as I'm concerned, all GT6 has turned out to be so far is a $60 physics overhaul & car add-on for GT5. Even using this comparison, they removed some features which were used in GT5, and no community features whatsoever.

It's been almost 3 months since release, and they are struggling to keep up with their own promised updates. If this is a clue as what's to come, I may pass on purchasing GT6/7 on PS4 until the game has all of the content it says it will. Publishers continued to make PS2 games over 2 years after PS3 was released, and it would be a big mistake for PD to abandon this game to half-ass a new one for next-gen. In this regard, Forza may have the upper hand on GT for the new generation.
 
For all the praise GT and PD gets for bridging the virtual world and the real world, they really missed the target with GT6. I mean, launching with a WORSE online experience, no social platform like in GT5(stats, pictures, racing B-spec drivers against friends drivers) and then, more then three months after it's release there is still not a word when, if at all, there will be a update to have earlier mentioned features is just mindblowing. Add to that the missing phone app that had been mentioned well before release and you got a driving game released in 2013 with a(community) feature set from 2005.

GT is such a great franchise, but they really shouldn't be trying to catch up in this area, they should be in the front bringing the fans new, exciting ways to experience and share the different aspects of the game with friends.
 
Last edited:
@Raggadish, I'm enjoying online much more in GT6. It seems smoother and more engrossing... I guess we'll have to agree to differ ;)
 
Addition:
Not to be rude but a better understanding of community is needed.

Community in context to GT 6 is as follows;

Where a group (clubs) have a common area and can compete with other groups as well as championships in ladder competitions. Also competing for real world prizes...

This was how 'clubs' was loosely explained at a presentation I attended and consistent with successive messaging.

And here is the Offical definition;
icon_online_community.png

Community
Players can create their own clubs, communicate with one another in the forums and organise race events for their members. It is possible to select from a private racing club, and a public racing club that is open to everyone. This feature will be added in a future update.
So something in between or both are what I'm expecting from the feature.
 
Back