When will you go online

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 49 comments
  • 1,611 views

When will you race GT4 online?

  • First thing I do when I fire it up will be to race online.

    Votes: 7 9.7%
  • I will race online as soon as I get use to the handling

    Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I will race online after I complete 25% of the game

    Votes: 10 13.9%
  • I will race online after I complete 50% of the game

    Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Racing online...I'm nt really looking forward to it. AI is more of a challenge

    Votes: 8 11.1%

  • Total voters
    72
There's no "I can't race Online" option...

C.
 
^.....yeah, for all the less fortunate people like me!......although I voted for once I get the handling right! 👍
 
I am interested to see how well or bad online play will be, interms of options and lag. It might not be the "first" thing I will do, but maybe after couple of races.
 
This is what Im planning to do, 1st go online, set up all my info and stuff, then play the single player game until Im ready for the world. Including all of you here from the boards, I hope I get to race some of you, it would be so much fun! ... :)
 
Well as soon as i get used to the handling, but mainly after fanging Nurburgring abit, coz thats my most awaited track in GT4, i cant wait.
 
I'd hate to state the obvious here, but... Nah I love it. When the game is released we will all be newbies so there is absolutely no point to wait.

To those who say they will wait, I doubt it. Online racing is so much fun that it will almost make single player racing a chore.

Anyway why put your own fun on hold because some obsessive does not want any newbie near him?
 
BROCKY
Well as soon as i get used to the handling, but mainly after fanging Nurburgring abit, coz thats my most awaited track in GT4, i cant wait.

I have a small feeling that you won't be able to race the Nurburgring straight away... I reckon it will be used in the later challenges and will defs be one of the later unlocked courses in Arcade...

Altho can you select all the courses in free run more from the beginning?

They may limit them by licence...

C.
 
I will go online whem I know the Nordschleife (nurb) by heart !






So that may take a while........
 
ill go online just to claim my username. Then Ill play offline. :)
 
actually, im going to go online right away. after all (especially if the online game is zoned) everyone else will be just as new as me to it. and id say learning the tracks in a "free run" online mode would be far better than diving into championships. and weirdly enough ore realistic. think track days. so you can have mini-races with other people on the track trying to keep up/lose them. or just chill and cruise the couse figureing out breaking points etc.

if thats going to be included i want this game NOW
 
MadduckUK
actually, im going to go online right away. after all (especially if the online game is zoned) everyone else will be just as new as me to it. and id say learning the tracks in a "free run" online mode would be far better than diving into championships. and weirdly enough ore realistic. think track days. so you can have mini-races with other people on the track trying to keep up/lose them. or just chill and cruise the couse figureing out breaking points etc.

if thats going to be included i want this game NOW

That does make sense, everyone else will be new to the game along with you. I remember when I rebought a PS2, it came with the Net Adapter and ATV Offroad Fury 2, I went straight online. Well, my experience wasnt a fun one, that was the first time I ever played an ATV game so I had one hell of a time trying to stay on the track. It wasnt a fun experience just watching everyone else zoom by you and never see them again. I swore to myself that was the last time I would go online before getting used to the controls of a game offline.

Still though, people who have played Prologue will no doubt have an upper hand, no matter how much the final version differs from Prologue.
 
MadduckUK
actually, im going to go online right away. after all (especially if the online game is zoned) everyone else will be just as new as me to it. and id say learning the tracks in a "free run" online mode would be far better than diving into championships. and weirdly enough ore realistic. think track days. so you can have mini-races with other people on the track trying to keep up/lose them. or just chill and cruise the couse figureing out breaking points etc.

if thats going to be included i want this game NOW

Go check out the "public nurburgring thread" then, sounds like you got some good ideas :)
 
I won't run until I'm sure of myself and my car. However long that takes is really going to be irrelevant, but I doubt it'll be that long.
 
Me, I'll go online once I get used to the controls, just like what I did for midtown madness 2, Which I still play online lol, but I think us GTP'ers that are active gran turismo players will be half way there as were used to everything mostly, compared to the first time players of GT4.
 
"I will race online as soon as I get use to the handling."

And as soon as I get a network adapter. ;)
 
Good point, well I might be getting a network adapter in a few weeks so that wouldn't be a problem.
 
yeti
I have a small feeling that you won't be able to race the Nurburgring straight away... I reckon it will be used in the later challenges and will defs be one of the later unlocked courses in Arcade...

Altho can you select all the courses in free run more from the beginning?

They may limit them by licence...

C.

Good point, oh well ill have to fang the arcade mode really quickly, lol, i have faith in myself. Im sure there will be unranked playing online, so if i have to wai to get the nurb then ill race it online.

Basically i can get used to racing games pretty fast, so if all goes well ill be fanging my pants off within an hour of getting it, lol.

Only problem is we better watch out for Sunday Drivers, lol, you know the ones that drive really slow. Then theres the idiotic driver, who turn without indicating, beep their horn at anyone not doing what they are doing, and tend to make crued gestures as they pass by.
 
I'll go online just to crash into people and force them off the track.
 
I6-4-eva
I'll go online just to crash into people and force them off the track.
Expect the inevitable.
 
LoL.... I will remember that name... when i look in my rear view mirror... lol
 
Back