When you get GT5... What's your plans?

• Thread starter Jinx
  • 624 comments
oh man ... you're gonna miss all the precious first few months with your daughter :) j/k.

here's a name suggestion for her though: Turisma ... run it by your wife and tell us how big the frying pan is that she hits you with ;)

lol Savannah Rose has been chosen and she would indeed hit me with a frying pan : P but then she would also break my ps3 : (. She already dislikes the time I spend on it

lol Savannah Rose has been chosen and she would indeed hit me with a frying pan : P but then she would also break my ps3 : (. She already dislikes the time I spend on it

that's a beautiful name man ... *jots it down for future reference in case our next one's a girl*

i bought my wife and son a wii hoping they'd stay off my back when it's my ps3 time ... but now they want me to sit and play that with them :ouch:

by the time i'm done jumping around with dora, jillian michaels, and gang i'm ready for bed.

on topic though, i've got a lot of stuff to do b4 gametime... i just thought of re-designing the game room with dimmer lights and possibly a different hue than fluorescent white. gonna need to look around these forums to see if people have some good ideas.

Thanks and my game room is my living room, not a very big house. The day GT releases will be a day that I will be a disgrace to GT, will be first time I haven't played a GT game for hours on release day

Contemplate in awe that I finally got the PS3 + the game.
Contemplate the awesome HD graphics on my Samsung LCD which got used to display GT4 in awful quality.
Browse menus, music, cars, etc.
don't know actually, I would actually be so torn that finally GT5 is here. i'm still playing GT4 for godsake.

Well knowing me I'll proly stay up all night anticipating it's release, then as soon as I get it read the manual as much as possible, fall asleep while reading it then wake up refreshed to play...lol weird like that sometimes.

Well, like many of the other posts mention, my number one priority is to get my family set. Be really nice to the wife and get the kids to behave (we have 6 children:crazy:) and keep themselves occupied. Nov. 2 is also election day here in the U.S. and I need to take care of that before I pick up the game. Once all of those things are in order (10pm or so) I will be able to get into it.

I really plan on spending a good week or more just driving on the Top Gear track. I have recently become a rabid fan of the series and have pretty much caught up on all of the past six seasons or so. I also want to check out the online modes and race with you guys. All in all, I don't see putting GT5 away for a very, very long time.

Im going treat like a ceremony. Probaly sacrifice a goat, paint the gt5 logo on my chest with the blood. Run round the house naked screaming.

Im going treat like a ceremony. Probaly sacrifice a goat, paint the gt5 logo on my chest with the blood. Run round the house naked screaming.

Nice, can I join your holy order? Or is it unholy?

Welcome to GT Planet. Please reffer to the satanic AUP. You will fin you must use burnt 0w50 motor oil, not blood on your chest.

1. Licences
2. Buy Miata or slightly used silvia
3. Sunday cups/ TTs
4. Major modifications
5. Find cash cow
6. Buy RUF Yellowbird
7. Nurburgring at night in the rain
8. Online to own newbs
9. Le Mans+ 24 Nurburgring race
10. Buy McLaren F1
11. Own everyone.

Look at the game, faint, wake up, see the game, faint, wake up, faint while i install it, wake up, play the game for 5 sec faint, wake up. Then i will start taking Licences :P

1. Wake up on November 2nd in hopes I don't have a course that day
2. Go to Gamestop and pick my CE ASAP (before noon)
3. Figure out a way to play GT5 using my DFGT with a broken left leg. (So if I suck up the joint in online races, you know why)

what-is-drifting-5_460x0w.jpg

....That^ are my plans.

Setup
Check the game out
Start taking Licenses
Beginner races
Venture online and race with my buddies

And of course i might be so excited that i skip right to a race and just go and setup and crap later! I got the whole week off (yes a gt5 vacation) so i got tons of time not to sleep and race my ass off!

Ahh, I must add something to the beginning of my GT5 S.O.P.

#1: Uninstall prologue to free up 6 gigs so I can actually install GT5 to my poor 40 gig PS3.

I'm gonna install it, transfer cars and credits from prologue, transfer cars from GT PSP, and get crackin' on licenses.

Then start from the beginning with a low power car.

A week or so in, when I decide to let my buddies play, I might set us up a 24hr race and swap drivers out.

Ahh, I must add something to the beginning of my GT5 S.O.P.

#1: Uninstall prologue to free up 6 gigs so I can actually install GT5 to my poor 40 gig PS3.

Might wanna rethink that one, unless you're not planning to transfer your Prologue cars over.

Might wanna rethink that one, unless you're not planning to transfer your Prologue cars over.

Install and game save are seperate memory items. Plus I wont trasfer anything anyway personally, I like a clean slate.

Jay
Install and game save are seperate memory items. Plus I wont trasfer anything anyway personally, I like a clean slate.

...duh. Brain fart. Good call there.

Kinda back and forth about the clean slate bit. I won't start out using supercars in races, but I don't wanna have to wait if I decide I wanna just do some hot laps at Grand Valley in my F40.

Back