Where are they now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hot4
  • 21 comments
  • 1,103 views
Messages
339
Are people still alive and kicking on this forum? It's been a while since i last posted something on here. đź’ˇ

People still addicted to GT4? I still am to a degree.
 
Of course. We need something to occupy us until GT5 comes out in 2254 :p
 
Heh, thats true. I stopped playing GT4 for a couple of months, but now I'm back into it. I noticed that not playing GT4 ment my level of fitness improved!

At the moment I don't enjoy racing against the AI, I'm more interested in comparing different cars, chasing my own ghost car, and setting up my own initial D style touge battles between different cars and track combinations.

Anyone else do this sort of thing?
 
I sure don't post in the GT4 forum, but I just played it last night. My friend told me that he has hard time winning the American Championship(I don't remember the official name), so he wanted me to try it out. Since I had yesterday off, I did it, and boy was it fun.

My long story.
GT4 at the release(after all that wait) had so much hype, that game dissapointed me. I did the S-License, and I was done. All that changed when the game became a part of the "Greatest Hits". People around me finally started to play and talk about the game, and that made me want to go back and play GT4. I didn't seriously start playing this game until just like 3 months ago?

Hot4: Chasing ghosts, lap times, comparing cars, that's been my hobby since GT3!
 
Chasing ghosts, lap times, and car comparisons are fun but I'm running out of ideas. All these things involve racing against yourself which is ok, but i need something new.

I have been trying to setup initial D style touge runs with 2 cars in the same sort of class, one being a ghost car and the other, whatever i choose to chase with. Deep forest seems to be a good touge track so i tend to use that a lot.

Is there anyway you can set up custom races besides 'race meetings' and 'family cup'?

Anyone else got any ideas on how to create fun little races with ghost cars and stuff?
 
I have no idea(sorry). Something new I've been trying is the LAN play, with 2 PSTwos. Fun as hell, but it seems that you can't use cars from your own garage, which really sucks. Maybe when they come out with the online edition of GT4, you'll be able to do that. Honestly, I don't know what Polyphony Digital was thinking. :rolleyes: And when P.D. do come out with it, you can just race people online, instead of racing against ghosts. :D
 
My job and injuries limit my playtime.
 
Hot4
Chasing ghosts, lap times, and car comparisons are fun but I'm running out of ideas. All these things involve racing against yourself which is ok, but i need something new.

I have been trying to setup initial D style touge runs with 2 cars in the same sort of class, one being a ghost car and the other, whatever i choose to chase with. Deep forest seems to be a good touge track so i tend to use that a lot.

Is there anyway you can set up custom races besides 'race meetings' and 'family cup'?

Anyone else got any ideas on how to create fun little races with ghost cars and stuff?

I usually pick a car I like and then go look for a competitive race for it in GT Mode. Example: I did this for the 24hrs of La Sarthe II (the unchicaned one). I was in the Mazda 787B, and wanted my opposition too look like this:
Toyota 88C-V
Nissan R89C
Nissan R92CP
Jaguar XJR-9
Peugeot 905
After about 50 or so enter and exit to get the correct lineup, I settled for another 787B instead of the Peugeot. Nice and competitive race!

The most times I have been entering and exiting to get a lineup I want, is in the region of 2000(!) times. Took three days to get the proper lineup!
 
I'm still here! I'm still here. But two weeks of crappy net meant that I haven't been logging on for the longest while.
 
We're LAN playing at my buddy's house tonight. I hope I kick his butt. :D
niky
I'm still here! I'm still here. But two weeks of crappy net meant that I haven't been logging on for the longest while.
I was wondering where you were. I was expecting the worst. :sly:
 
One thing that I've heard is pretty sweet is Xlink KAI. Its online for GT4 using LAN, sort of like XBConnect fro the Xbox/PSP. If anyone wants a setup that I found by Dropto_Chick, click mr smiley: :)

I still play GT4, but not as much because its summer vacation and I have had some nice weather and had a party and today that all stopped. Torrential downpours. Oh well, better fire up the PS2. I'm trying to get 100% on a new file I started without using B-Spec, eats up alot more time than B-speccing long races :irked:
 
It's summer and my kids are out of school.
I have to get up pretty early to beat them to the system.
Thus, I mostly only play on Saturdays.

Plus, if you've seen my other thread about this, my copy of GT4 only loads after you "re-adjust" it in the PS2 and restart about 10 times.:irked:
So I usually end up playing Ace Combat 04 or 05, or Baldur's Gate.
 
I pretty much stopped playing when I reached some of the loooooong enduros. I never got around to doing them because if I did them I'd rather do it in Aspec than Bspec. Also about that time I got into playing some other game. Prolly CS:S although I've pretty much stopped playing it. Like DOD:S alot better. Not as many tards plus its WWII. 👍 I've been thinking about getting back into the game by attempting some of them enduros and going back to the WRS. ;)
 
I'm here, unless I had'nt joined when you were still posting, you've missed things like the Fergu$ Mangu$ plauge of locked threads.

I'm addicted to GT4, but I also seem to go on GTP lots more aswell, that probaly explains why I got to 500 posts before 90 days.
 
There's still a lot of activity here, but I think it resides in the Photo section. The feature apparently has major replay value.

EDIT: OT: Viper, DOS:S is out!?:dopey:
 
*McLaren*

EDIT: OT: Viper, DOS:S is out!?:dopey:

Dont tell me you didnt know unless you're trying to be funny/sarcastic. :odd: :p

Its been out since late last year I think. I didnt get it til about a month or two ago.
 
Viper_Maniac
Dont tell me you didnt know unless you're trying to be funny/sarcastic. :odd: :p

Its been out since late last year I think. I didnt get it til about a month or two ago.
I'm behind the times....:indiff:
 
I'll say if you're just now finding out. ;)
 
I still play on and off, every month or so I get the urge to play. I got 100%, 80 golds etc now I only really test cars and enjoy them.
 
VIPERGTSR01
I still play on and off, every month or so I get the urge to play. I got 100%, 80 golds etc now I only really test cars and enjoy them.
I got the game at the release, I'm at little over 14%. :guilty: I linked up for LAN play at my friend's house last night. He got the game just couple of months ago, he's close to 20% done. :ouch:
 
Did not touch the game for two months now since I bought a motorbike. Maybe when it starts raining a lot I'll come back and finish the game :-)
 
@a6m5: thanks for noticing!

I've been mired in work, and I'm working on a sideline (I'll post more on it as things develop). Have also had little time to play or post, having a seven month old kid.... but I did finally tackle the Mission hall... it's a snap if you wait until you're reasonably good before doing them. :lol:
 
Back