Where did PD go Wrong?

• Thread starter MaDHaX
  • 429 comments
Pathetic Developers went wrong with this...

image.jpg

Kaz wanted to give us a pretty good GT-6, maybe. But long before the release of GT-6, he was forced to concentrate all PD energy and manpower on the development of GT-7 in order to win the PS4-first-good-Race-Game-Race vs Projekt Cars and Drive Club. This is race that has to be won! It is still going on! The winner takes it all...

Why should he care about our disappointments? He alreaday has got our bucks... would we give him more money if he gave us the promised contents?

Why should he care about our disappointments? He alreaday has got our bucks... would we give him more money if he gave us the promised contents?
I might consider giving him more money for GT7 when it comes out if he makes good on GT6. If not, the only way I am getting 7 will be when it hits the bargain bins at $15, if at all. I might also consider buying some GT6 DLC if they ever actually finish the game.

Simple, they started putting in more content than possible and content not wanted in first place.
That was left turn, the other turn was trying to fix this content to work and not aknowlidging a failure. Instead silence and no time for content that we actually want.

Simple, they started putting in more content than possible and content not wanted in first place.
That was left turn, the other turn was trying to fix this content to work and not aknowlidging a failure. Instead silence and no time for content that we actually want.

Content is just data on the disc. Are you saying the disc is too full?

I've read some of Japanese GT6 BBS and found some of their opinions rather interesting. They were saying that GT2 was the peak of its series and since "Yama-chan" (they call him that not "Kaz" like we call him) started to drive real cars, expensive cars he had lost his passion. Some said it's totally understandable once you got to know the real thing you can't be bothered with fakes but that's not a right attitude for a professional game maker. Some said there was a similar trend happened to a game programmer who made a game called "Derby Stallion" a horse racing simulator but as the maker himself got rich and owned the real horse he stopped making the series.lol

this is how they are messing up -
they are not listening to the fans, us, the people on this website...

PD, if you ever read this.....
THE MAIN PRIORITY YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON IS FIXING WHATS WRONG. ADDING OTHER CONTENT ( CONTENT WE ACTUALLY WANT ) CAN WAIT.

I would just like to clarify why I posted up the original post in the first place. This wasn't meant to be a thread to try and humiliate PD nor was I being ungrateful or disrespectful to PD.

I wanted to point out that if you are going to release a full game that is not complete then be prepared to fix problems when they arise. I wonder if PD is now aware of the pit glitch?

PD if you are reading this don't take these pictures to seriously, it's just humour drawn from frustration.

But this did make me laugh a little. :)

Pathetic Developers went wrong with this...

View attachment 126122

Last edited:
Imagine FIFA14, with lots of players and stadiums and everything, where you can only play friendly matches, that's GT6 for me.
Lots of cars and tracks and placeholders, and then only driving not racing.
A shame.

That's actually a good analogy
For me GT is like Fifa where
You have access to nearly every major team in existence, including classic teams
You have very good looking stadiums.
When you sub a player the whole team starts playing inexplicably worse.
Ultimate team hasnt been added yet.
Features from the last game are missing.
The other teams are stuck in Novice mode.
The Camp Nou has been promised but is still nowhere to be seen
Messi and Ronaldo have been removed due to licensing issues.

Was playing gt6 earlier today I noticed that the A.I don't fight back when I overtake them it's like they've given up. But when they are in front they will go speeding to the finish line and its impossible for me to overtake. Also gt6 feels like a prologue so maybe in gt7 we will see the real thing.

Was playing gt6 earlier today I noticed that the A.I don't fight back when I overtake them it's like they've given up. But when they are in front they will go speeding to the finish line and its impossible for me to overtake.

So they don't fight back when you overtake, but you can't overtake when they are in front.

Did you save the replay?

So they don't fight back when you overtake, but you can't overtake when they are in front.

Did you save the replay?

No I re watched it though. Final corner of grand valley speed way I was coming second in a 350z was going for an over take but the first car managed to get some speed in the last corner but all the cars behind backed off.i did the race a second time and managed to get first on the second lap but no cars were challenging me to the finish.

I wanted to post up this post as an apolagy to PD and Kaz because I may have been abit harsh with my critics in the past aswell as to say that i'm not all about just complaints of the GT series.

I was a big fan of GT for years and for that I am grateful, because I have really learned a great deal from GT. I learned how to customize and tune cars with a wide variety of cars and tracks, I learned how to drive a car in a fast and effective way, and learned race craft by racing online with like minded competitors.

GT really does teach us alot about cars and driving them, so we should remind ourselves what Kaz has done for us all before we start throwing insults at him.

I sincerely hope that GT can get through these times as PD are definetly moving in the right direction with the physics. I just hope the pit bug can be solved so I can get back to driving online.

I may seem like a guy that complains alot but the fact is, that I dont really post up unless it's something I wasnt happy with which in my view are important, such as no Porsche or Premium modern RUF's, sound, clutch or to report a bug or glitch. I think it's important that we voice our opinions to developers as it is proven that player feedback does make the games better, and judging by all the complaints in certain area's, PD could do with some feedback on where they can improve.

I thought I had to say what I said in this thread because I can see how much people are dropping GT and that's also part of the fact that this pit bug has been going on for to long. I'm sure that more players will return once that has been fixed.

I know Kaz and his team have been working very hard to bring us what they have already brought forward and we should all be very thankful for that and I am. The attention to detail that PD put into GT really is amazing and I hope that they can continue to revolutionize and keep improving on GT.

I think GT5 & 6 may well have been too much for the PS3 but I just hope on PS4 they can focus on performance rather than visual graphics as well as other much needed revamps which I have already mentioned, it's important to me that Kaz could take my critism's without being offended because I just simply want better immersion from a simulator. I'm sure he can understand where I am coming from as he has raced countless times against ear defining sounds of race cars. The sound of cars is another thing motor enthusiast's love to hear, it is like music to our ears when you hear a car slowing down blipping the throttle through the gear changes and listening to the flames coming out from the exhaust.

Good luck Kaz and PD best of wishes.

I wish every critic could be like you. :*) :lol:

You haven't been a hatchet swinger like some have, and it's sad that so many think you have to tear a developers skin off, virtually, to get their attention. And then rant derisively at fans that DARE to like the game for what it is.

There are fans here who like everything about GT6, and that's okay. I'm quite the booster myself because much of the time, the criticism seems over the top to me. And I'm accused of being a blue-eyed fanboy that sees nothing wrong with GT6 because my criticisms aren't all that heated or often posted.

And there are a lot of things still wrong with this game as you and others have posted. Whether from PS3 issues or coding that should have been tested more like the online bugs, the missing content that we're waiting for, or poor design decisions like slow bots, the placement of replay cams and STILL needing to collect paint chips, GT6 could and should be better than this.

But as you and others have said, what we have is just so darn good, and better than what we had in GT5. It would be nice if the hammer swinging critics would also give credit where credit is due. Because what we do have is so good, I have faith that Kaz and the team have some surprises for us in store. GT5 did wind up in much better shape than when it shipped, and we knew that they were working on GT6 all along. So, here's hoping for better days to come. ;)

I was moved. Maybe. ;)

I know that some people just can't connect with GT like us fans do, much like we can't connect with the sims some of you love. I finally fired up the Assetto Corsa beta yesterday and after a LONG session trying to get things to gel... well, it sure feels like a beta.

G25 clutch wouldn't register, wheel response was dodgy, driver views didn't suit me and so on, so the racing was not all that satisfying. And it has a G25 template in the controller list! I know that it's a beta and all, but the same old sim flavor was there woven through what will likely be a pretty decent sim racer when it's finished, much like the GTRs and Live For Speed. And I like those games for what they are. I just don't care for them. Uninvolving, not immersive, dry, technical, tedious, not fun racing, every car is a loaner and they aren't really all that great in AC either. Just another racer made so online pros can impress each other with the size of their virtual trophies. Which is fine, but it's not my thing. Project CARS... might be The One Good Sim. But... I dunno, I guess we'll see.

I have a feeling that most GT and sim fans will never understand each other.

Last edited:
I know that some people just can't connect with GT like us fans do
I played every fully-fledged GT game to date (I even played GT5 Prologue). I played them extensively. GT1 was the game that introduced me to some very basic driving technicalities such as race lines and weight transfer. I do have a personal involvement with that series.

Yet I just can't see what's fun in GT6 anymore. Why? Maybe because I played other "racing" games. Maybe because I drove a lot more different cars (read: IRL). I don't know. But in the end, it doesn't matter. What matters is that GT6 is neither a good game, nor a good "sim". And no amount of nice tracks, beautifully recreated premium cars, or pretty graphics will change this painful, basic fact.

HBK
I played every fully-fledged GT game to date (I even played GT5 Prologue). I played them extensively. GT1 was the game that introduced me to some very basic driving technicalities such as race lines and weight transfer. I do have a personal involvement with that series.

Yet I just can't see what's fun in GT6 anymore. Why? Maybe because I played other "racing" games. Maybe because I drove a lot more different cars (read: IRL). I don't know. But in the end, it doesn't matter. What matters is that GT6 is neither a good game, nor a good "sim". And no amount of nice tracks, beautifully recreated premium cars, or pretty graphics will change this painful, basic fact.
It is a good hotlapping game and that's about it, unless you're one of the lucky ones that can find a group of friends that can run on line consistently with no problems. It's not a good offline racer by any definition, little customization, tuning is wonky (see Camber and Backwards ride height discussions in Tuning Forum) etc. etc. etc. When you see people raving about the game most often they are hotlapping or have so little skill they find the AI competitive in some way.

It has lots of cars and lots of tracks to run them on. If that's your thing, you'll love GT6. If you bought it for racing and competition, well you'll have a different opinion

Where did PD go wrong? Well I'm sure a lot of you have covered it in good detail over the last 10 pages but put simply, they haven't evolved in making games. Sure they've moved on with the technology to allow better graphics and physics but the 'game' hasn't moved on. It's still mostly the same structure as GT1 and people are evidently bored of it, especially when things that may make it fun, like AI, also hasn't improved.

Since we don't have an eye inside PD I couldn't say who is to blame, it may be Kaz making all the orders, it may be other people under him and he just signs it off. Whatever it is, something major needs to change with them before this once great series and name falls into irrelevance. The only thing really keeping it alive right now seems to be lack of good competition (Forza 5 also not good) and the fact you need a huge budget to compete on the scale of cars and tracks. It's not a coincidence that the two studios making this sort of game with hundreds of cars are both owned by the console manufacturer. Unlike other genres other studios just don't have the budget to license 75 car manufacturers and 500+ cars.

Where did PD go wrong? Well I'm sure a lot of you have covered it in good detail over the last 10 pages but put simply, they haven't evolved in making games. Sure they've moved on with the technology to allow better graphics and physics but the 'game' hasn't moved on. It's still mostly the same structure as GT1 and people are evidently bored of it, especially when things that may make it fun, like AI, also hasn't improved.
It's much worse. I remember GT2 to have one of the best career mode I ever played. GT4 was another gem. Now it's worse, they take common sense and kicked into recycle bin.

Inconsistency rules. Sadly.
GT actually is the real anarchy simulator.

Last edited:
Back