Where do you import GT5 JP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter emkay1
  • 41 comments
  • 4,759 views
Waiting for a special edition here.

(Will probably get it from Play-Asia.)
 
I'm gonna walk to the shop and buy it. :P
 
How difficult would it be to play the JP version if you cannot read Japanese? I mean Im still thinking I may be better off waiting for the full US/EU release.
 
How difficult would it be to play the JP version if you cannot read Japanese? I mean Im still thinking I may be better off waiting for the full US/EU release.
Starting a basic race is just a matter of navigating icons, so it shouldn't be too bad in that respect. However, navigating the menus in detail and working through upgrades etc...not so sure. Personally, I'd rather understand everything without having to download guides, so I'll be waiting for the EU version, regardless of delays. Not least because of the DLC that may well be region locked.

When it launches in Japan, just knowing it is out will be good enough for me. I can then sit back and watch the videos, read the reviews etc.
 
Good luck with that as it's against their rules to sell imported games.
What makes you say that? There's many imported Japanese titles on eBay, even power sellers which specialize in such products.
 
I bought GT5P from JapanVideoGames.com. Shipping was quick, only a couple of days. 3, if memory serves me correctly.

http://www.japanvideogames.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Sony-PS3-p/ps3a-00711719811428.htm

It's also cheaper than Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-77-2-49-en-15-Gran+Turismo+5-70-3fyt.html

EDIT: As I've said before, the JP version of the GT5TT Demo is entirely in English. Both the UK and JP versions use MPH as default measurements of speed, as I'm in the US. This leads me to believe the game reads the region where the console is and set defaults accordingly. (I DL'd all 3 versions, gamesave files are independent as well)

If GT5 is the same, we'll be in great shape :)
 
Last edited:
When it launches in Japan, just knowing it is out will be good enough for me. I can then sit back and watch the videos, read the reviews etc.

👍+1
 
Back