Where Do You Think Horizon 6 Will Take Place?

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 84 comments

Where do you think Horizon 6 will take place?

• Russia

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Asia (Other)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Asia

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • China

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • India

• Australia

• New Zealand

• Antarctica

• Argentina

• Brazil

• Chile

• South America (Other)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Central America

• Canada

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • United States

• Africa (Central)

• Africa (North)

• Africa (West)

• Africa (East)

• Africa (South)

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Europe (Iberian Peninsula)

• Europe (Scandinavia)

• Europe (east)

• Europe (Central)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • United Kingdom

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Mexico

• Other

• Asia (SE)

• Korea

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
I3d8P5K.jpeg

Going for USA. With the next installment on the new graphics engine they can probably do sth like shrunk California from LA to San Francisco and maybe even Vegas/Grand Canyon or to the Miami (Key West?), Atlanta, New Orleans area or of course NY, Washington, maybe Montreal. Pretty sure that they want to have a real US one (after the very lowkey FH1) with the possibilities to include 1-2 better styled and well known cities.
Still believing in a Japan one in the future but Tokyo is tough to create but could be fun around with Mt. Fuji nearby. But also creating Tokyo, Fuji and Touges with rice fields, cherry blossom trees, bullet trains and little japanese towns with temples and the japanese architecture in a very hilly area is a lot to work on and a big task for the first installement in a new game engine.

Last edited:
In terms of diversity in environment I would have to say either Japan or Africa for sure.

California would be after the two I mentioned above if they chose a location, California is a great location for sure. Do I see them doing Cali ? Not 100% sure.

Last edited:
People keep talking about Tokyo as if PG would ever put it in Horizon. I guarantee you if Japan is ever chosen for the setting of a Horizon game, there is 0% chance Tokyo will be in it. Look at the previous games (minus the first since it had no real cities).

2. Nice: 6th largest city in France.
3. Surfer’s Paradise: 60th largest city in Australia. (Part of the larger Gold Coast Significant Urban Area, 6th largest SUA in Australia.)
4. Edinburgh: 9th largest city in the United Kingdom (2nd largest in Scotland.)
5. Guanajuato: 80th largest city in Mexico.

They have NEVER put the largest city of the region in Horizon. At most I would expect a city like Kyoto (capital of Japan for 1000 years, full of history, shrines, next to Lake Biwa, lots of nearby mountains, etc.) And that’s probably still too big.

Last edited:
I would say a Japan based FH wouldn't make sense without at least a small version of Tokyo as the capital of the japanese car scene and lots of the tuning and japanese car companies, Rainbow Bridge, Daikoku parking, parts of the Wangan or Shibuya crossing. So I would say one way or the other. With Tokyo or never.

Even Rockstar managed a version in Midnight Club 2 and 3, Gran Turismo with many versions and even Assetto Corsa with a big bunch of highways fanmade only. So I stick with it, probably not FH6, but 7 would be managable. The reason with the smaller cities is just the performance of the last 2 console generations. But this is gone with next gen consoles.

Wouldn't concentrating the game after next on newer consoles mean PC players with low end GPUs were also locked out of playing the game? I'm not sure what percentage of FH players are using PCs instead of Xboxes but I know it's been one of the best selling racing games on Steam. I'm not sure how a Series X-only instalment would translate to minimum specs on PC GPU-wise.

FH4 has very low specs. It even runs on a average 10 year old PC and already runs quick and nice on good 10 year old PC. That shouldn't be a problem.

forza-horizon-4-requirements-pc-graphic.jpg

I know, I have the game. But you're talking about FH6 possibly running on a new engine. If it won't run on Xbox One, what kind of GPU would it require on PC?

Last edited:
I know, I have the game. But you're talking about FH6 possibly running on a new engine. If it won't run on Xbox One, what kind of GPU would it require on PC?
Its more guessing but I would think that the recommended specs for FH4 could be minimum on FH6 and it could run flawless on GF 1060/1070. I mean it will be definately a 4k game on nextgen-consoles so running it in Full HD (1080p) wouldn't be a problem on a old PC while a 1080p game which runs on the 10 year old average PC is already a problem on XOne/PS4. Just look at ACC or even AC. Looks and runs terrible with 30 fps on PS4/XOne while it's not a problem with a 970 or less in 1080p with a bit reduced settings. The limitating factor will always be the console. In the next gen console game the Series S is the bottle neck for Forza not a 3.5 Ghz/GF970/8-16Gb Ram 10 year old PC. You can nearly always reduce resolution and details to be able to run a game. Consoles are now on the same path with performance/quality modes but still different to a PC with lots of quality and resolution options.

Last edited:
I have a 1070 and am not looking forward to going from running FH3-5 at 4k30fps to running FH6 in 1080p with reduced settings if newer GPUs are still selling for bitcoin mining hyperinflated prices by then. If other players feel the same way then this may have the effect of forcing PC players into buying Series X consoles or losing them altogether which would have a knock on effect on player numbers.

Last edited:
I would be disappointed if they go to China and I'm not really feeling Japan. If they were to end up in Asia, I'd ideally like to see Thailand or South Korea. Vietnam would be cool, but I can't see that being marketed very well to a western audience. I can't see the Middle East going over too well for the same reason.

I think my ideal place would be somewhere in South Africa or somewhere in Southern South America. However, I'm not sure they'd do back-to-back Spanish-speaking countries. Canada seems like an interesting choice too, but it'd probably need to be on one of the coasts. British Columbia is really nice so somewhere in the providence could make sense.

I think when it's all said and done though, they'll end up back in Europe. Gibraltar would be kind of cool, especially if you could do desert racing in Morocco.

I think it would be south Africa. I personally don't think Japan would work well, especially if they want to keep the offroad stuff, which I personally would hope they keep. I see japan being a better expansion pack with the main stuff people want aka touge and wangan.

I would say a Japan based FH wouldn't make sense without at least a small version of Tokyo
And therein lies your problem: big, heavily built-up cities don't seem to fit with PGG's vision, and a version of Tokyo shrunk to the limits of the suspension of disbelief would take up a huge chunk of the map.

I don't see the Horizon Festival visiting Japan anytime soon.

But you're talking about FH6 possibly running on a new engine.
Which is not happening. Forzatech is perhaps one of the most advanced and scalable engines on the market right now. It will probably take a drastic paradigm shift for Microsoft to ditch it and start working on a new engine from scratch.

I have a 1070 and am not looking forward to going from running FH3-5 at 4k30fps to running FH6 in 1080p with reduced settings if newer GPUs are still selling for bitcoin mining hyperinflated prices by then. If other players feel the same way then this may have the effect of forcing PC players into buying Series X consoles or losing them altogether which would have a knock on effect on player numbers.
FH6, we are talking about 2024/2025 or even 26. They can't stick to old Hardware forever.

Which is not happening. Forzatech is perhaps one of the most advanced and scalable engines on the market right now. It will probably take a drastic paradigm shift for Microsoft to ditch it and start working on a new engine from scratch.
Thats the only reason we still haven't a FM8 or even a release date or year since it will feature a new engine. So not sure what you are talking about. FH5 is the last installment for the actual engine.

Thats the only reason we still haven't a FM8 or even a release date or year since it will feature a new engine. So not sure what you are talking about. FH5 is the last installment for the actual engine.
No, it will feature new physics sims. That's just a small portion of the game engine.

Considering the graphics engine now supports raytracing and the implementation of photogrammetry assets (i.e. the reason Epic released UE5 to supersede UE4) I don't see what gave you the idea they will scrap it and build a completely new engine from the ground up? And I don't know where you've heard they are doing such a thing, or that FH5 will be the last installment of anything.

And we still don't have a new Forza Motorsport simply because they are taking their time working on it - probably redoing all the track geometry assets from scratch, for starters. Although adding raytracing support to Forzatech likely took a good chunk of time, too.

Last edited:
And therein lies your problem: big, heavily built-up cities don't seem to fit with PGG's vision, and a version of Tokyo shrunk to the limits of the suspension of disbelief would take up a huge chunk of the map.

I don't see the Horizon Festival visiting Japan anytime soon.
Ya, there's no way it'd be Tokyo. If I had to take a guess at a Japanese city, maybe Fuji since they'd probably try to incorporate the mountain in somehow.

Back