Where do you think the GT2 tracks are set?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 46 comments
Since the Palm/Plam Strip License test takes place at Apricot Hill. Couldn't it be possible that Palm/Plam Strip is Apricot Hill?

Makes sense, but there's also those rumours that the random bit of land outside Laguna Seca is the abandoned drag strip. BTW, I see you like your hondas, but a Jazz Hybrid? Really?
Only joking. :)

Ha, I know its not the greatest car. Oh, and the stuff outside Laguna Seca isn't a drag strip. It is abandoned track modelling.

Super STage Route 11: Japan. There was some discussion awhile back of an area of a Japanese city (forgetting which one) resembled R11.

Yokohama because the Yokohama Bay Bridge or it could be in Tokyo because the rainbow bridge could be that bridge seen in gt3. And i also remember they talked about some ferris wheel but i don't remember which.

High Speed Ring: Looks like Fuji International, has a ginormous tunnel, and is banked like the abandoned portion of Fuji. It could only be Japan, to me.

Midfield also seems to mimic Suzuka, with some ess-bends, hairpins, and the overpass just like Suzuka full circuit.

Special Stage Route 5 could also be Japan, given the penchant for video games to put all the danger of a Midnight Club-style road course from their own backyard...still, I get the feeling of a European city-based course with the roundabout, the red and white curbing, the mysteriously named road signs point to everywhere, yet nowhere.

Apricot Hill seems to have a lot of circuit-design flavor from Jarama, so I've always felt it was in Spain. Yet, no Spanish flags along the front straight.

Red Rock Valley seems like it could only be in America: Huge bankings, desert sky, canyon-like structures to go with the location. Everyone's favorite GT2-only circuit?

Last edited:
Apricot Hill is apparently in Ohio. Some guy investigated the possibility of building it in real life and the terrain aroung McConnellsville (sp?) matched quite well. The scenery also seems to fit that.

High speed ring is inspired in the Fuji Speedway 80's. That's why it was not in GT3 but it was in GT4 when they had the FISCO license.

Actually, they didn't include it because, as I recall, someone was going to try to build it in real life and they couldn't get the licensing worked out. The attempt died in time for the track to return in GT4.

I might only be saying this because I live there, but I think Grand Valley is in New Zealand, due to its landscape
Autumn Ring = USA, just looks American
High Speed Ring = Northern Germany

Apricot Hill is apparently in Ohio. Some guy investigated the possibility of building it in real life and the terrain aroung McConnellsville (sp?) matched quite well. The scenery also seems to fit that.

McConnelsville
Really? It's beautiful down there, but too hilly, no apricot orchards, though we do grow apricots in Ohio. Not enough people down there either for a major track. (Hrmm... Mid-Ohio isn't exactly close to any big population centers, but it is a major course... maybe that theory doesn't apply.)

Where'd you hear that, it'd be interesting to know!

The Akebono Brake Testing Course is VERY, VERY similar to the test track. Go to google images and search Akebono Brake Testing Course and see for yourself. Thoughts?

Last edited:
The Akebono Brake Testing Course is VERY, VERY similar to the test track. Go to google images and search Akebono Brake Testing Course and see for yourself. Thoughts?

Can you post a direct link. I tried googling Akebone Brake Testing Course but tons of sites came up and I don't feel like weeding them out.

There are lots of "Test Courses" all over the world, though, many of them are simple ovals (but very, very big ovals) because very little speed gets lost as the car is travelling on the banked curves.

I've read all thread and my thoughts are :
Apricot Hill
Greece/Italy

Autumn Ring
Canada (but somebody said that its in Czech Rep, would be glad if it is :)

CSR5/SSR5/SSR11
Japan

Deep Forest
Germany (according to national league races) sadly, in GT5 theres no deep, but sunny forest. It lost many of its depths

Grand Valley
France/Spain

Grindelwald
Switzerland

High Speed Ring
Japan https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67215

Midfield Raceway
Japan (according to national league races)

Red Rock Speedway
Some hot and dry place at USA

Super Speedway
Motegi's SS clone

Test Course
Japan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyJSKzhMBU4 but bigger version of it, somebody told it there

Trial Mountain Scotland

Back