Where have you been having your fun?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 543 comments
United States
Upstate SC, USA
GTP_crowhop
This is the most grin-inducing game I've ever played. Seemingly every combination of car and track provide new levels of enjoyment.
The IndyCars almost anywhere is a thrill. As well as the 90s GTO and GT1 Classes.

Which combos have you found?

Lots of private testing mcclaren 650s gt3 at Imola ( favorite track though tried red Bull recently and loved it) trying to constantly tune the car to find that sweet spot. Little bit of career mode, but I'll probably stick mostly with custom races unless sms gives us custom championships where we can fill all with a.i. :P

Between work wife and kids I've only played like 4 hours total since release lol but Indy cars are fun and I did some rally cross and some IMSA style races at Daytona that were a blast. Tried career out but I've deleted and restarted a few times because I can't get the handle I want on the few I've tried. I have some different controller settings I'm gonna try today that will hopefully help.

Might I recommend the Stock Car (nascar) at Indy. Sawing on the wheel to balance the oversteer/understeer/oversteer to dance through all four corners on the edge is fantastically satisfying.

Hot lapping a FT86 gt4 @ Laguna Seca and Big Willow Springs. I haven't had much time for anything else. I had to reinstall logitech profiler for my g27. After I dialed in my wheel, I believe the physics to be the best so far. I like it better than, gulp... assetto corsa.

Ive never liked the caterhams, but boy i am eating crow. The 620r just about anywhere is a thing of beauty.

Soooo much stuff to try, im yet to drive 120 cars or so. Its just awesome with the good cars.

I even enjoyed monza today, which is rare.

Ive never liked the caterhams, but boy i am eating crow. The 620r just about anywhere is a thing of beauty.

Soooo much stuff to try, im yet to drive 120 cars or so. Its just awesome with the good cars.

I even enjoyed monza today, which is rare.

For me it shows the quality of the physics and Tyre model... Driving caterhams in any other sim has been pretty awful

LOL...all these flavors and you choose to be salty.
I wasn't being salty. If I had not named 3 circuits not part of Assetto Corsa then you would be right. AC is for my LMP1-H thrills currently. Plenty of enjoyment coming from PCars2.

Right now I feel like I'm at an ice cream parlour with unlimited toppings. I'm trying a bit of everything. I despised weather in PCars 1, but I absolutely love it on this. I really like the snow covered circuits (just normal circuits with snow on them, haven't tried the purpose built ones). Taking an open wheeled 50s-60s racer around Nurburgring Nordschleife in the snow is difficult, but not impossible. And so much fun, in an 'I'm gonna die' sort of way.

Been doing career, just moved into the Ginetta GT5 cars. Having a blast with that. Honestly, so many things bring a smile to my face. Hoping to start up my Top Gear/Grand Tour series soon to race with some like minded loons doing crazy car combinations!

F-Type Jags at Knockhill. This game is sooo good! Love it.
That's a blast too! Is your avatar super sprint?

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I feel like I'm at an ice cream parlour with unlimited toppings. I'm trying a bit of everything. I despised weather in PCars 1, but I absolutely love it on this. I really like the snow covered circuits (just normal circuits with snow on them, haven't tried the purpose built ones). Taking an open wheeled 50s-60s racer around Nurburgring Nordschleife in the snow is difficult, but not impossible. And so much fun, in an 'I'm gonna die' sort of way.

Been doing career, just moved into the Ginetta GT5 cars. Having a blast with that. Honestly, so many things bring a smile to my face. Hoping to start up my Top Gear/Grand Tour series soon to race with some like minded loons doing crazy car combinations!
Don't die, Benny!

90% of my fun has been with the p1 gtr at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Classic and Circuit de 24h du Mans and Circuit of the Americas

I go a full tank on each track and when i run out of gas i switch to the next track :)

90% of my fun has been with the p1 gtr at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Classic and Circuit de 24h du Mans and Circuit of the Americas

I go a full tank on each track and when i run out of gas i switch to the next track :)
Do the tires last that long?

Mainly GT3 and LMP2 right now still trying to find the sweet spot on setups. Got my wheel and FFB about where I want it now but to be fair I still haven't driven a road car yet to see IF there is any difference. I figure I'll use that for new tracks I don't know.

Back