Where is the Gran Turismo spirit?

• Thread starter MacBaby
  • 77 comments
Funny thing, I actually bought a G29 today, and expected to buy the game at launch at midnight. After I read about what people told about their experiences with the game, I returend the wheel, and I'm not planning on picking up GTS right at this moment.

What prevented you from waiting a few hours and returning the wheel the next day after actually trying it with the game?

Sales strategy , PS 5 with GT 7
All to make sales, its a business , all about money.

This is similar to another post that said "Gran Turismo was developed by car enthusiasts, for car enthusiasts, but no longer with GT Sport."

When did Kaz and Co stop being car enthusiasts? Are they really focused on making money over everything else? Seems they would not have lasted 20 years if this was so. And although GT Sport begins a new era for Gran Turismo, Sony will likely continue the tradition of 2 GT game releases per console generation... especially since GT Sport is a complete re-working of the game engine specifically for PS4. The future is now! LOL :D

Actually:

Polyphony Digital's CEO, Kazunori Yamauchi, stated that there are currently no plans for Gran Turismo 7.

“Gran Turismo 7 is not currently planned. All our studios are focused on Gran Turismo Sport and, once it is out, the DLC that follows afterwards.”

It's not GT7. It's GT Sport. That's why it's different. It wasn't meant to be the same. That's why the name change. This game is more geared around Motorsports and not around car encyclopedia and collecting.

Actually:

Polyphony Digital's CEO, Kazunori Yamauchi, stated that there are currently no plans for Gran Turismo 7.

“Gran Turismo 7 is not currently planned. All our studios are focused on Gran Turismo Sport and, once it is out, the DLC that follows afterwards.”
According to Kaz, GT Sport is GT7. I don't remember the context to it, but I do remember seeing him say that.

Well I just hope that Kaz and the rest of the developers will make it available to the public and GT fans, to release more classic American and Japanese cars as we saw in previous GT games.

According to Kaz, GT Sport is GT7. I don't remember the context to it, but I do remember seeing him say that.

>According to Kaz, GT Sport is GT7.

I remember from an interview he stated that a GT7 doesn't exist at all.

It's just GT Sport. ;)

However, as Kaz wants to focus on an online experience mostly, who knows, maybe we get an GT Sport 2 on the PS5, sometimes in the future.

Just saying...

Well I just hope that Kaz and the rest of the developers will make it available to the public and GT fans, to release more classic American and Japanese cars as we saw in previous GT games.

I think he stated that there will be DLCs with more normal cars after the games release.

He just wanted to include as much as possible super cars at launch. That's all. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember something about 7 being the 'unlucky' number in Japan .
But google tells me i'm wrong, nevermind.

I really don't think Kaz will ever release a no. 7
Just saw an interview in which he lists his favorite GT's.
Gt4 isn't even in his top 5.
Guess we who love Gt4 experience the game very different from Kaz.

We just have to accept and respect that things are changing...

Last edited:
If Kaz says there are no plans for GT7 then this obviously isn't GT7.

What is so difficult to understand here?

I, like others, remember an interview in which Kaz did say that people can consider GT Sport to be GT7.

Olu
I, like others, remember an interview in which Kaz did say that people can consider GT Sport to be GT7.

He might have only said that since there is no actual GT7 in the plans. It was a tongue in cheek kinda quote and meant to be taken with a grain of salt if you ask me. I'm sure he didn't want people not getting Sport thinking they would just wait for GT7 when GT7 isn't coming.

Gt spirit will be pedal to the metal when a real Gt releases, 3 years into PS5 i wager. Forza ultra horizons 10 will release same time.

Sport sales will flop DC will be a waste of time and money and GT7 will be made, with or without Kaz. Business sense should fix Gt in the future.

Gt spirit will be pedal to the metal when a real Gt releases, 3 years into PS5 i wager. Forza ultra horizons 10 will release same time.

Sport sales will flop DC will be a waste of time and money and GT7 will be made, with or without Kaz. Business sense should fix Gt in the future.

>Business sense should fix Gt in the future.

That's the whole point.

We don't want a game for the business sake, but because it makes fun to drive.

So, if you spend a good amount of time with GT sport and have fun out of it, only then the game has fulfilled his purpose.

Last edited:
>Business sense should fix Gt in the future.

That's the whole point.

We don't want a game for the business sake, but because it makes fun to drive.

So, if u spend a good amount of time with GT sport and have fun out of it, only then the game has fulfilled his purpose.

U miss my point, it's in their business interest to give people a Gt game that GT fans ahem actually want.

Kaz obsession with racing is irrelevant to 90% of the casual Gt fanbase.

Quality over quantity, don't care about 1200 cars when a large portion of them are ****** PS2 versions of Japanese Kei-cars or various Nissan Skylines.

This is not a car collecting game, it still feels like Gran Turismo though.

U miss my point, it's in their business interest to give people a Gt game that GT fans ahem actually want.

Kaz obsession with racing is irrelevant to 90% of the casual Gt fanbase.

>Kaz obsession with racing is irrelevant to 90% of the casual Gt fanbase.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's what GT sport is all about. lol

If you want it more playful, then Forza 7 is a more suitable approach.

I mean, what ever makes u feel better for having a good time, right? ;)

Last edited:
>Kaz obsession with racing is irrelevant to 90% of the casual Gt fanbase.

If u want it more playful, then Forza 7 is a more suitable approach.

I mean, what ever makes u feel better for having a good time, right? ;)[/QUOTE]

Thus the issue at hand, PD and kaz are too dumb to understand why their games of past sold so well. Its HAlo with out a gun.

What made GT special to people, FIa online racing is not it.

Quality over quantity, don't care about 1200 cars when a large portion of them are ****** PS2 versions of Japanese Kei-cars or various Nissan Skylines.

There were nearly 3x as many state of the art, genre leading premiums in the last two games and no one was forced to use any of the older standards.

You really feel that way? GTS is quality as it is already, im just saying the classics should have already be included for gameplay instead of just a handful of American, European, Japanese cars. And as well as being able to build the cars on your own is crucial. Most of the cars they have up now on GTS is fully built which takes out the fun besides the racing simulation.

If you want it more playful, then Forza 7 is a more suitable approach.

I mean, what ever makes u feel better for having a good time, right? ;)

Thus the issue at hand, PD and kaz are too dumb to understand why their games of past sold so well. Its HAlo with out a gun.

What made GT special to people, FIa online racing is not it.[/QUOTE]

LOL, forget the FIA.

Just participate on races with other people.

Makes much more fun, than driving with bots cars with a questionable A.I. Believe me!

You wouldn't play CSGO with bots either, right?

Last edited:
What prevented you from waiting a few hours and returning the wheel the next day after actually trying it with the game?
The fact that I investigated more into what the game actually was, discovering that it is this new arcade-like platform, in which I have no interest. The wheel and game together is $380, so not something I'd spend just to see if it's worth it. I will be looking over the forums, and I'll likely get the game, if it turns out that future updates will change the gameplay, or add more of the features I am looking for.

What made GT special to people, FIa online racing is not it.

LOL, forget the FIA.

Makes much more fun, than driving with bots cars with a questionable A.I. Believe me!

U wouldn't play CSGO with bots either, right?[/QUOTE]

lol your really desperate to convince people this game does not suck, why is that lol.

The fact that I investigated more into what the game actually was, discovering that it is this new arcade-like platform, in which I have no interest. The wheel and game together is $380, so not something I'd spend just to see if it's worth it. I will be looking over the forums, and I'll likely get the game, if it turns out that future updates will change the gameplay, or add more of the features I am looking for.
Yes save the money because I was about to go all out with the steering wheel/stand/shift knob lol then knowing that most cars I was anticipating is not even included... YET! Haha

How times change... Wasn't that long ago GT was king because 'most cars' and the whole point of the game was either photographing virtual cars or unlocking/collecting them all. It was never a 'serious' simulator and still isn't.

And that's why it's odd to have such a 'serious' online side to it with FIA branding; the handling model, tracklist and carlist do not support a serious sim implementation and the fan base is (assumed) mostly people that either just enjoy driving varied cars, photographing virtual cars or collecting cars, or GT is the best entry point to driving/racing games for kids and newcomers.

What is GT trying to be now, other than 'convert expert gamers into real racing drivers,' something that serves very few?

Thinking back, I haven't been truly excited about a driving / racing game / sim. Whatever you want to call it since probably GT5 and F5.
GT 6 landing as the PS4 was released was utter disappointment. I think I played the game for 3 hours tops.

It seems since GT5 , Poly hasn't wanted to spend the money to make the next game, to be ready for new consoles etc. It has felt like they are just working with a tiny team ( compared to others ) with no desire or drive to give the customers "NEW". To research "New". To push a boundary somewhere.
It's probably even shame on Sony for letting it drag out like this... 3,4 years to implement a sequel to an existing game? Seriously ? To allow GT6 to ( at the time ) be only available for PS3's?

I a, however enjoying being back in a GT game. The graphics are amazing, the car sounds are vastly improved but could there be more? Should there be more? After waiting so long. I absolutely think so

LOL, forget the FIA.

U wouldn't play CSGO with bots either, right?

>lol your really desperate to convince people this game does not suck, why is that lol.[/QUOTE]

Oh NO, i do not say that's the best racing game ever.

But it's a decent one, and quite different than others. That makes it special.

And it has a BIG downside in my opinion.

You need PS+ for getting online races to work.

And that's a shame, because i do not have those 50 bucks to participate online. Oh well...:(

It’s fun, but I can’t shake the feeling it’s lost a lot and gained a little vs. previous GT’s. Can only hope it’ll be fleshed out with future updates.

Back