Where should the next Horizon Festival be held?

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 59 comments

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
Assuming this game is a success and there will be a second Forza Horizon in a couple of years, where should it be held? Another location in the US? Or somewhere in Europe? Maybe in the Italian Alps. Or Japan. Any suggestions?

A gigantic desert. Like the sahara. Or the Dakar Rally. Anything that will allow me to drive a trophy truck or the Dakar VW Toureag

Somewhere in Europe. Take some hints from where the hill climb events are usually located. There are some nice, twisty roads around here that would be ideal for that sort of video game.

Perhaps the entirety of a reasonably sized European Country with amazing roads.

Switzerland? Around the Alps?

machate-man²;52066
And you praise and trust the word of a cartoon character?👎

Please provide basis for your claim on why you think so...

You got defensive rather quickly. I believe he was just making a joke. So I'll quote John Caparulo: "Canada is just like America...except it sucks."

You got defensive rather quickly. I believe he was just making a joke. So I'll quote John Caparulo: "Canada is just like America...except it sucks."

I apologize, but I would rather listen to a person coining these ideas than a character doing the same. :yuck:

And durWINNING's comment didn't seem to come up with a suggestion; it just "bashed" an idea.

I want to go abroad! If possible, have 2 or more locations, kind of like how they did it with TDU2. Have the festival first take place in the states, then as the season progresses allow the player to go somewhere else.

machate-man²;52068
I apologize, but I would rather listen to a person coining these ideas than a character doing the same. :yuck:

And durWINNING's comment didn't seem to come up with a suggestion; it just "bashed" an idea.

Man I was making a joke. Relax. Its not the beginning of World War 3

machate-man²;52064
Perhaps the entirety of a reasonably sized European Country with amazing roads.

Switzerland? Around the Alps?

Maybe San Marino, Liechtenstein, or that principality bordering Switzerland and Austria.

I'm American and I'm a firm believer in the notion that Canada and America are awesome in their own unique ways. Let's stop with the dog comparisons, please?

Anyways, I'd personally like to see the Horizon festival set somewhere in Europe. I'm feeling a little more UK or Germany, to be honest. :)

If it was in Europe they would have a better selection of racetracks from which to choose, if they were to blend the two titles in some way...

Another vote here for Switzerland, then a little bit of Italy some where at the top where the Stelvio pass lives!

Either the UK as the roads tend to be very narrow in the countryside and quite often just conform to the camber of the land rather than cut through it, or the Alps.

I'd prefer some place where you're not driving on the wrong side of the road :lol:

Some parts of France would be nice, too. The Pyrenees are supposed to be a good drive.

I would not mine next Horizon in Switzerland,Germany, Italy, Australia, or another US state California,Texas,Florida.

Florida would be horribly boring. Same goes for almost all of Texas. I think US east coast would be pretty awesome. If anyone has ever been to Maine, they would know there are some absolutely epic driving roads up there. In addition, it would dodge the typical video game paradigms, being a location very different from most places found in popular entertainment. For those that have never been, it's much like Newfoundland, where they host the Targa Newfoundland each year.

Should give you some idea:
Maine-Landscape-1.jpg

carriage-road-011.jpg

maine_roads_by_voyager01-d30rsz6.jpg

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Just think about this. How awesome would it be to be driving along a rocky coastal shoreline with a nor'easter storm blowing in, sending ocean spray over you as you hammer down the coast, windshield wipers on max and foglights peering through the dense mist.

👍

Anything except California. Seriously, how many more racing games based out of that state do we need? The Need for Speed and Midnight Club series have returned there time after time. Even FUEL's record-setting map takes inspiration from west coast topography and cities. The racing genre's history is littered with California-based games -- San Francisco Rush, California Speed, Midtown Madness: SF, etc.

I thought it was brilliantly refreshing when PG announced they had chosen Colorado for Horizon's setting. Wow, an open world racing game NOT in California!!

I agree with the European suggestions, since I think the Alps are under-represented in racing games. I also agree with Eunos_Cosmo's suggestion of the Appalachians. Wherever the Horizon festival goes, there better be plenty of hills and valleys.

Besides, GTA V will offer such a convincing parody of SoCal that few will appreciate a dry interpretation in a straight racing game.

Latest Posts

Back