• Thread starter SVX
  • 6 comments

SVX

The White Comet
Premium
New Zealand
Wellington
'Evening everyone.

As most of you should know, my PS2 died. As it was the school holidays, I got down my PS1 from the loft. Ah, lots of nostalgia that produced! I had GT1 with lots of other games in the box. I already had a previous save which I have continued on. I had a white Supra 3.0 limited. I then won the Sunday Cup with it and won the Mazdaspeed Demio a-spec. With the winnings, I modified my Supra. I then got the Mazdaspeed Demio a-spec. I then won it again. I tried to win the Clubman Cup with the Supra, but the car was too unstable and I kept spinning out. After selling both of the Mazdas and the Supra, I bought a brand new Subaru WRX STi Type R, with 270BHP. I tried the Clubman Cup again but I came 5th again. This time though, I was able to keep up with the competition.

I am down on power compared to the rest of the field, but I don't want to make the car unstable like the Supra. So, where should I start?

Thanks in advance.

SVX.

The Supra is rear-wheel drive and the STi is all-wheel drive, so you shouldn't have the same problem. Couple questions though, because I remember how it was in GT1. Are you using analog sticks or d-pad and/or buttons? And also, what tires did you have on the Supra?

I remember early on, driving a Camaro around Autumn Ring, spinning out of every corner. The problem was I was using analog steering, but I was using the buttons (X and []) for gas & brakes. When I pressed X, I was basically flooring the gas every time. Once I switched to analog for gas & brakes, I could now let in that fuel in a more progressive fashion, and this made all the difference.

I could have tried tapping the X button instead, but this gets tiring to my thumb.

As Mr. Parnelli Bone said, you can add a lot of power and the AWD will keep it stable. I would avoid adding a big turbo, the lag could become a problem. I don't remember all the upgrades available in GT1, but i would start with a few smaller things first (filter, exhaust, chip, etc) and see if that gets you closer. If the understeer gets to be a problem, the easy fix is better tires, but a better fix would be getting the fully adjustable suspension and tuning it.

I really need to actually play GT1 again instead of having all my GT1 experiences here on GTPlanet.

If attempting to drive better, like PB is saying, does not work, try upgrading only the horsepower of the car by about a 100 or 200 hp, depending on your current credits. You should manage to pass the opponents faster and easier. If you do follow along with PB's advice, then your results would improve.

The Supra is rear-wheel drive and the STi is all-wheel drive, so you shouldn't have the same problem. Couple questions though, because I remember how it was in GT1. Are you using analog sticks or d-pad and/or buttons? And also, what tires did you have on the Supra?

I remember early on, driving a Camaro around Autumn Ring, spinning out of every corner. The problem was I was using analog steering, but I was using the buttons (X and []) for gas & brakes. When I pressed X, I was basically flooring the gas every time. Once I switched to analog for gas & brakes, I could now let in that fuel in a more progressive fashion, and this made all the difference.

I could have tried tapping the X button instead, but this gets tiring to my thumb.

I was using the thumb sticks, but now I'm using the analog sticks with X and [] for accel and brake. It was equipped with the tyres it came with, and had 327BHP.

I recommend that you use the Analog Sticks for both Accel/Brack and Turning. In this way you can give appropriate power and steering input for every situation and such.

Back