Which association football club do you support?

• Thread starter Lucas
  • 134 comments
For me:

English Premier League: Man City.

I was born in Australia but my mother and her family are from Manchester. I chose City because I prefer the underdogs to the popular side!!
200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Serie A: AC Milan

120px-AC_Milan.svg.png

Spanish La Liga: Real Madrid

200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png

My main team is Man City, otherwise I like following clubs because of the players. Real Madrid because of Ronaldo and AC Milan for Balotelli :)

Queens Park Rangers

I am a goalkeeper and I love seeing Julio Cesar play. Very similar style for both of us. Left footed. Very agressive.

Why do so many people support Manchester United?

Because they're clear at the top of the table right now?💡

Grad_LFC_Crest_twitter.jpg

Liverpool, since they were the first club I watched from the BPL back when my sister started watching them back in '08-'09. I actually went there in November and watched them play Wigan, and sat across from the Kop. It was amazing to hear YNWA echoing through the stadium.

My local team, whom I used to follow, but don't really anymore because MLS is boring.
SanJoseEarthquakes_2008.png

The San Jose Earthquakes. Their academy team trains about five or six miles up the road, and I've seen them play a couple times as well.

BFBY7vlCMAA-sVk.jpg:large

Liverpool. Dad/Grandad's side of the family were from and had connections to the city so I followed suit.

Updated March 11th, 2013, with the addition of the A-League. A total of 48 clubs have been registered as supported in GTPlanet. :)

I'm a huge Barca fan, but here in the UK I support the only English team ever to have beaten Barca at the Nou Camp in the Champions League. :)

Here are my favourites:
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Manchester United.

200px-Logo_FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

FC Bayern München.

200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png

Real Madrid.

Psg_badge.png

Paris Saint-Germain.

And, the final, which in my opinion, it's one of the most successful and popular teams in history. This team shares one of the great rivalries of history with a great team, as it is Club Atlético River Plate.

boca-juniors.gif

Club Atlético Boca Juniors.

Here are my favourites:
Manchester United
FC Bayern München
Real Madrid
Paris Saint-Germain
What on Earth do you do during the Champions' League every year? You must go out of your mind supporting all of those teams, particularly when they play each other...
There's nothing wrong with supporting multiple teams. Today I supported Manchester United like I would support River Plate, and I really felt like a natural United fan for a moment. But there's no doubt that, should we face United in a Club World Cup final, I would definitely want River Plate to crush them.
Wanting a team to win a match isn't supporting them. Wanting them to lose any match isn't supporting them either*. You can't call yourself a fan (short for "fanatic") if you are against them!

If all the teams you say you support played each other in a round robin tournament, who would you want to win all of their games? That is the team you support. The others are just teams you have a soft spot for under certain circumstances.

It's like a marriage. Sure, oggle the honeys, but you always pick your wife without question. If you don't, see how long the marriage lasts when you tell your wife you love four other women...

*There are certain freak occasions where the team you support would be better off losing/drawing than winning. You still want them to win.

If all the teams you say you support played each other in a round robin tournament, who would you want to win all of their games? That is the team you support. The others are just teams you have a soft spot for under certain circumstances.

It's like a marriage. Sure, oggle the honeys, but you always pick your wife without question. If you don't, see how long the marriage lasts when you tell your wife you love four other women...

Well, certainly "support" wasn't the right word, and I don't even know why I used it here when I use the word "simpatizar" (similar to "soft spot") in spanish.

But in reality, yeah, they are all soft spots. When United faced Barça in the 2011 Final, I wanted United to win, mostly because Barça was dominating over the last years. But in a hypothetical Club World Cup Final between River and United/Juventus/Barcelona, I would want River to win, no matter how desperate were the European teams to win a trophy. :)

Ultimately, what I wanted to say in that post you quoted is that you don't have to be a glory hunter to have soft spots for many teams, as is my case.

Last edited:
What on Earth do you do during the Champions' League every year? You must go out of your mind supporting all of those teams, particularly when they play each other...

What I meant is that these are my favorites, but I only support one, which is Real Madrid (In Champions and LFP), and the team that I really suport from my heart since I was a kid is Boca Juniors. It's like Lucas said, that in the final of the world cup o something like that, i will suport Boca (He gave the example of River), No matter how any team, whether or not my favorite (Manchester, Bayern, Paris). You understand me? I do everything I can to explain well....And, I admit, I'm not very good at speaking English. I'm learning little by little.
Cheers! :)

Back