Which camera angle do you use?

Your favourite camera angle? (multi-choice)

• Chase

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • Bumper

Votes: 53 51.0%
  • Cockpit

Votes: 31 29.8%
  • Hood

Votes: 15 14.4%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jamiemb17
Curious to know what camera angle people use. I know it isn't realistic but I feel fastest with chase cam. What is yours?

Always Cockpit View never touched the others and never will neither did so in any other racing game. It’s just the most realistic for me. Even if I would be faster using it I wouldn’t care. It just totally kills the immersion.

Last edited:
Always Cockpit View never touched the others and never will neither did so in any other racing game. It’s just the most realistic for me.
Do you use a controller or wheel? For me using a controller in cockpit view just doesn't feel right in any game. I don't know if it's because I see the wheel rotating around when I'm moving the stick side-to-side which causes it; it just feels strange.

Do you use a controller or wheel? For me using a controller in cockpit view just doesn't feel right in any game. I don't know if it's because I see the wheel rotating around when I'm moving the stick side-to-side which causes it; it just feels strange.
I drove with Controller since Gt1 and never used a Wheel. Until my Darling allowed me finally to grab a Bundle with Gt Sport and the T150. So now I’m on Wheel and it feels so awesome. I got used to Cockpit View since Gt1 and never changed it. I also always drove with the left and right stick and never with the shoulder buttons.

That’s interesting. I play with a DS4 snd use both cockpit and bumper. I find it easier to correct countersteering in cockpit view because I can visualise the steering angle: when the controller vibrates and my driver’s hands are going all over the place I react pretty well and can adjust.

I use bumper view once I’m comfortable with the car. The increased FOV is also crucial for online racing.

Different strokes I guess!

I always use bumper in races but I would rather use cockpit (which I usually use in single player and free practice etc). But the lack of mirror and peripheral vision make it a bit of a liability in a race.
They need to give us the option of a virtual mirror in all views. And a better indicator of where cars are when they're beside you. Then I'd probably only ever use cockpit.

Bumper for the accuracy and visibility. The detail in the HUD is much better I feel as well compared with other views.

Always Cockpit View never touched the others and never will neither did so in any other racing game. It’s just the most realistic for me. Even if I would be faster using it I wouldn’t care. It just totally kills the immersion.
I'm with PirovacBoy :)
Bought a wheel for GT5 Prologue and started racing in cockpit view, never used any other view since.
I know I'd probably be a little bit quicker with bumper cam but like PirovacBoy said, I don't care.; it's all about the experience.
Cockpit view, manual gearing, no HUD, it's awesome.

I want to use bumper because then the game is the nicest haha but for serious play i need to use the roof cam.

Chase cam all day erry day! I want to see the beautiful car, custom livery, ect... plus I’m use to it and good with it so...
Same here. The good old chase cam from GT3 made me buy the GTS, PS4PRO and Benq RL2455. I can't tell you the disappointment when GT4 was released and the horrible static chase cam all the way to GT6. But now PD is on the track again.

Last edited:
Always used hood view for gt5 as they seemed very thought out when referring to the angle and position. But for gts, they all just seem very wrongly placed and annoying to use so sticking to cockpit view. When I use the ds4 I have to use hood as the steering wheel use annoys me! But using the g29, cockpit view is a must unless you’re in a car like the laferrari that you can’t even see over the wheel, even when you fully adjust the camera to the highest position

I don’t remember GT 1 having a cockpit view.
You’re right Gt1 didn’t had a Cockpit View. What I meant was interior View that’s what it was called back then. A Revolution for me as i believe it was the first racing Game I played that had this immersive View and I directly sticked to it.

On a single monitor, I use bumper cam.
On games that I can run my triples, cockpit cam can be very good.

On a single monitor, cockpit cam is just a novelty, and not faithful to real life.
Without 3 screens or VR, cockpit view totally unrealistic.
Nobody in real life would drive, let alone race, with black curtains extending from their shoulders, covering the driver's window & half the windshield.

(I would exclude open cockpit cars, to a great extent. They can be good in single monitor, cockpit view with good FOV.)

Last edited:
Cockpit view. It looks terrific, it gives the car more personality and it's above all the most immersive way to experience driving for me.

Chase cam. I've used chase cam ever since GT1, & from habit & personal preference I've always used chased cam in every other racing game & I most likely always will. Besides, most of the time I don't play racing games for simulation, I play for the fun of it. But I have used Cockpit now & then.

Back