Which car do you most enjoy starting up in garage?

• Thread starter NeuroFiZT
  • 58 comments
NeuroFiZT
One of the cool little things about GT5 is how in the garage, when you change into a car, you get to hear it's ignition/engine start.

I'm an audiophile, so for me this is important. I actually wish you could turn the car on/off while driving around (of course, not in a race.... but just cruising maybe).

Anyone else like going in the garage and just listening to engine starts??

The Peugeot 908 sounds awesome. It starts up then the engine revs a few times. 👍

My M5 also sounds pretty awesome. I think it sounds more like a muscle car than any other car in my garage.

Mazda 787B, it has one of the most epic sounding startup and idle sounds 👍

All the best
Maz

When racing online, I enjoy starting up my Toyota GT-One and Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model. Why? The roar of their engines signals hell is about to be unleashed on GT5 racers all across the globe.

Agreed and I am more of a "Give me the roar of a big block V8" man but that is just such a fantastic noise.
I even went and looked up as many vids as I could find after hearing it just so I could hear it some more:drool:

Not sure if the stock 787b has the same sound as the Stealth version which I have, does it kinda go vub vub vub when idling? Epic, and sounds like a banshee on the track, but in a weirdly good way.

Other than that I like my NASCAR Ford Fusion, E-Type Jag (if it is the one I am thinking of which doesn't start on the first turn) and the Tesla Roadster sounds like R2-D2 just waking up :)

The GT by Citroen concept is an electric car and sounds pretty bad-ass starting up. Especially compared to the annoying high pitched whine of the Tesla.

All the best
Maz

I will second that. Whenever I start it up, I am overcome an evil grin as I realise the power that now lies at my fingertips!

It's almost indistinguishable from the real thing...hear for yourselves:

So far my favorite is the Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

Its a total let down when I start up my Corvette ZR1 (C6) though. This is a freakin GT1 spec Corvette! If any of you have ever heard one of these monsters in real life, you understand my disappointment.

In the game, the Team Oreca Viper sounds amazing and ironically, it sounds just like a Corvette C6R does in real life.

Today I found my new all time favorite starting sound.

I bought the historic Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 Rally Car. I can tell you, THAT is amazing. I did it five times in a row because it sound so cool when they fire up the car. Try it out.

Jaguar E-Type !!
This is awsome.
Others which are nice too:
Shelby Cobra, Spyker C8, TVR speed12/-V8S, Toyota GT-One, Callaway C12 and the Bluebird Rally-Car.

FGT is nice too but nothing tops the Jag E :D

Back