Which car to use in ''Like the Wind'' lvl 21 A-SPEC Mode?

rampageturke

(Banned)
DEEP♂DARK♂FANTASY
I remember in GT4, this event was a single race around the huge oval test track. But with that track no longer existing, what track is it on now?

Its not easy for us who dont have stealth cars.. Finding a car fast enough is hard... And they cost 4.5 million to buy!!

GGGRRR...

Won the event using the Mazda you win in the NA Roadster Cup in B-Spec, with soft racing tires and maxed out, used the same car for the GT All Stars.(100-200k all in all for tuning?). You should have all the cars to get this car already, so the races to get it should more or less pay for the tuning. Indy is tricky though, you have to time it right as you leave the last 2 turns on the last lap, otherwise the opponents will jump you (Or you can just block them, if you're into that)

Its not easy for us who dont have stealth cars.. Finding a car fast enough is hard... And they cost 4.5 million to buy!!

GGGRRR...

Well it was really easy for me. The Stealth cars are awesome btw. You're really missing out...

I don´t want to buy a new car just for this event, but it seems impossible to do with the ones I have.

I won the first race easily with the Veyron, but the second is just a big fail because of the sharp corners at such high speed. The SLS was not better :S

Someone on here won with a fully tuned ZR1, I tried and failed hard.

Veyron is too slow in the corners and the GTR is too slow on the straight.

Any advice on which car to use?

I have 2.5 mil credits

Thanks in advance. :)

Mazda 747B Stealth

How could you miss the 8 bro?? Unless it flys like the Escudo..

Oh, and I am not looking forward to this race, I will be missing the 11 mile test course, or 14 miles which ever it was.... Kaz please put back the old like the wind course... Daytona is nice, but just wimpy compared to the fictional green ring beast.... :crazy:

Ok guys im new to the site but ive been lurking since GT5 came out. Im not new to the GT series as ive played since the origianal. Ive read some of you did the Indianapolis track with the zr1 race modded. I tried and no way in the world I can catch the top 6. Mine is fully done, 887hp (race modded first then modded performance) and i cant catch them to save my life. What other car is good for this?

i put on the racing slicks in soft, the works. I cant catch them. How do yall do it?

Please remember to use proper grammar when posting per the AUP, thanks and welcome to the boards!

Jerome

I have those on it and it wouldnt do it. I dont understand how others are doing it with this car but i cant even catch them

also I wanted to ask, would the zonda R be a good car fully modded out to run be a good choice for the Indianapolis race in this same event?

sorry about that, didn't see that in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
B-Spec'd Miata challenge for Furai Concept. Gave it a turbo, adjusted gearing for extra speed in a draft, and increased downforce a bit so I could corner at full bore. Held on for dear life and cleaned house. Indianapolis was easy -- foot to the floor all the way and steer. Daytona required some effort to get around traffic in the infield. You may need to use Race-Soft tires.

Win Toyota 88C-V and farm Indianapolis for fast credits until American championship opens up its Indianapolis to farm for slightly more credits (I use Earnhardt Jr.'s #88 Impala -- BRAWR-R-R).

I tried that way, couldnt even make the turn in 5th gear, had to bump it down to 4th to make it. Ill try some more tuning but i dont see it happening with this car for me

edit: just tried again, noticed it is suppose to be in 4th for the turns but it just flat out doesnt turn i have to slow down a good bit to get it to make it. Im trying to tune on the furai and see what i can do

FINALLY DID IT! I finally beat the race lol. I did it with the furai with some fine tuning on the downforce, front is at 28, rear at 53, very close at the end but i nudged them out

Last edited:
So I just hit 21. I've heard that if you beat the "Swift as Wind" (I don't remember if that's the exact name, but the first race in Extreme that requires 21) you get a race car. This would be extremely useful in beating the entire expert series considering the one race I already can't win that's full of race cars.

I beat the first race in the event with the Veyron after 2 or 3 tries just because the straights are -very- straight, and in the long run I'm faster. I thought the 2nd race would be even easier considering it's on the Indianapolis Speedway or whatever, but since the turns are too tight to take at full speed, I fail compared to the racing cars.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this without investing in some million dollar + vehicle, if so how? Is it possible to tune the Veyron in a fashion that's VERY prone to oversteer instead of understeer? (I think I'm as far in that direction as I can be, no luck though). I have toe out front and back, dropped as low as it can, fairly high camber, but it still can't take the corners fast enough to keep up with the race models.

Any tips on how other people have gotten through this would be appreciated.

Latest Posts

Back