Which car to use in ''Like the Wind'' lvl 21 A-SPEC Mode?

For grins I ran it in the Gillet Vertigo. I thought it would suck (based on my previous driving impression of it) but with just a few tweaks it was actually easy to drive and won both events going away.

I grinded until I had enough money to buy an F1 from the used car store when it was on sale (and still is) and I used that. Needless to say it wa the best purchase I've ever made in the game in terms of how many times you can use it. I have the most miles on that car of any of my cars.

I used a Gillet Vertigo car. At first I thought it was a waste at 1.9 million credits but I realized I could set the top speed a lot higher so now I have a car with a beastly acceleration and top speed! :sly:

I ran both races today with the Esperante with race hard tires (no SRF of course). The Daytona Road race was not too bad, once you get used to the ill nature of the Esperante. Actually the Esperante wouldn't have a chance if the AI drivers didn't brake early for every corner. I made most of my time through the bus stop. Not cutting it but making good use of the curbs. Won it by 1.9 seconds.

The Indy race was another matter. The Esperante is outclassed. But by braking late and getting as much draft as possible I managed to get the lead on lap 3. Lost and regained the lead 4 times in the next 2 laps but got pushed across the line at the end, winning by 0.027

I watched my brother in law take this on after some seasonal events for pp and $$. He bought a Citroen(?) race car for 5.6 M and drafted to the front, and held them off at the end. Won by .020 seconds. The car was fast in the turns (I think he put racing soft on) but had to draft in the straights to keep up. If the front pack got too far away it was over. The line-up he finally beat had a Minolta in the race, he drafted it on the straights 'til he got to the front, never letting it get too far away and losing the draft on the straight.

Another (cheap) car that can win the Daytona race, is a used Tommykaira ZZII '00. Pick one up used and fully tune it up. With 0.81 HP / kg power to weight ratio and some adjustment of suspension and transmission you need very little effort to win Daytona easily.

But it doens't have enough down-force and top-end power to do anything serious in the Indy race.

Thanks for a good thread everyone... Finally used a Corvette ZR1 C6 '09 RM with a few set up changes and won both Daytona Road Course and Indy on first go. Eat my dust AI drivers... not even close to push me around :-) but they did stick behind about 1 sec on Indy though....

just complete these trophey cimbination veyron-furai spend on tuning around 200 000cr...
it thin this is easiest way to win like the wind...furai tuned transmision to 370 for indy track , veyron full power on tuning...

new here , first post

Well I just won at Indy with a RM tuned ZR-1. Won easily by half a second even though I hit the wall coming out of a turn half a dozen times. All my time was made up in the corners and the Group C cars started to catch up on the straights but they werent long enough before they could catch up before a corner come along. :)

I used Sail Ic's tune for the ZR-1 so thankyou to him for his tuning expertise. :)

Now to go to Daytona which will be a lot difficult Im expecting.

So won at Daytona on my first attempt using the ZR-1. Won by about 1.5sec even though I nearly lost it by putting two wheels on the grass in several places.

Gotta say this though-I miss the GT4 version of this race, that was a lot more fun in my view.

I used the Veyron on the first race. It was really easy. On the second race (Indianopolis) it's impossible to do it with that car, so I used the Mazda Furai. What a beautiful car! And it turns nicely. But it was close, on straight, the other cars are faster. Just needed to control the back on the end and won by 0.02 or something.

My car was the Mazda 787B. This car has always been a speed demon in every game I've used one, and it is no exception in GT5. I think the only modification I've given it was a mid-RPM range Turbo upgrade. Let this four-rotor beast scream down the track singing in high octaves at its insane speed. She will serve you well in Like the Wind.

I didn't have too much trouble with this. IIRC I ran it with several cars winning with most and even managed a win with a fully tuned and supercharged Cobra.

Edit, I went back and did the event again and memory was false. I didn't use the Cobra. I remember now using, among others the Jaguar XJR9 and Bentley Speed 8.

Last edited:
You could do some seasonals to get more cash - but I think the C6 RM was the favourite back when the game came out.

There should be some good tunes available for it, I know I used one to win that series.

Another car would be the Toyota 7 which unfortunately is probably more expensive than what you have available.

Does "like the wind" have limitations? Sorry if I come up short about this because I'm only at level 26 in GT5 right now.

However, I can make suggestions. The black LHD GT-R race car that you can find at Nissan via Dealerships could be a good choice. I have one and it only costs about 500,000 credits. In stock form, it has 493 horses. When you get it, you should just tune it to the max. When it reaches that stage, it could produce whopping 800+ horses under the hood. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the weight reduction, if stages 1-3 weight reduction is applicable to this car. Just try it out if you want.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Does "like the wind" have limitations?

No limits.

Therefore, buy the FGT (Formula GT) in the OCD for 5mCR, this will guarantee a win in this race, and you will need the car later for the FGT Series in Extreme at Level 23.

Not enough money? Do some seasonals for easy CR.

You win it as the prize car for the B-Spec version of "Like The Wind"... oh, the irony. :sly:
Yeah, I know :) It's also available occasionally in the OCD and UCD.

Good that the thread got merged though as all of the info you need Carnut, is here.

Latest Posts

Back