Which cars should NOT return to GTS from previous games

• Thread starter oinksnork
  • 27 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
jargsnork
I wanted to know is if people want certain cars NOT to return from previous games. The idea came from this post

Tracks:
- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

Cars:
- BMW M3 GTR (BMW Motorsport) ‘01 (Gr. 3)
- Honda Fit RS ‘10 (N100)
- Jay Leno Oldsmobile Toronado (N1000)
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic ‘13 (N200)
- Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z ‘07 (N200)
- Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) ‘07 (N300)
- Renault Sport Clio R.S. ‘11 (N200)
- Renault Sport Mégane R.S. ‘08 (N200)
- Suzuki Cappucino (EA11R) ‘91 (N100)

After I saw this post I thought: "Not another BMW Gr.3 car, we have enough of those." This made me think, are there other cars like this, that do not deserve to come back to GTS.
And please, provide arguments why it should not return.

This made me think, are there other cars like this, that do not deserve to come back to GTS.
No. No cars deserve being missed from GT Sport.

The important thing is to prioritise sufficiently different vehicles ahead of the redundancy you note. I don't think anyone would mind a third (or rather fourth, because of the M6 twins) BMW Gr.3 car if there were another thirty road cars across the classes, more variety in the Gr.4 cars, and other manufacturers getting a larger selection of Gr.3 cars too (I think only VW, Mercedes, Peugeot, and Toyota have more than one Gr.3 car, other than BMW, and three of those are because there's a Gr.3 VGT).

I wanted to know is if people want certain cars NOT to return from previous games. The idea came from this post.

Ford V8 supercar, Merc 190e 2.5 16 DTM etc..

It's not because of the cars, it's because there isn't a class for these cars to fit in - personally I'd love to have a historic DTM class or a V8 supercar class, but will it ever happen?

We had these cars previously (GT5/6) but they didn't have their natural competitors, which was very frustrating, especially as the E30 M3 was the most requested "wanted" car in GT5. When we did finally get this (GT Sport) there's now no Merc 190e :banghead:

It's a hugely frustrating part of the game and to be honest, this game is frustrating enough as it is. For me, having cars like these come to the game would just rub salt in the wounds... :irked:

This one

VW_Schwimmwagen_1.jpg

GSX-R/4...:yuck:

I disagree. Aesthetics aside, it could make for a real fun event wherein you have cars that implement elements from their manufacturer's respective motorcycle divisions into their cars. It'd compete with the Honda 2&4 Concept, the KTM X-Bow, and perhaps even the Yamaha SportRide if it were added.

As for a car I'm not sure if I'll personally miss, I wanna say that older Auto Union streamliner. I can't help but to think that it's very limited in use - wasn't it mostly used on ovals for speed records? Perhaps it could still be in, and you could have a mission challenge to meet the original speed record it accomplished back in the day - though it'd likely need to be done on a very broad oval, like the PS2-era Test Course, or the Special Stage Route X course.

I wanted to know is if people want certain cars NOT to return from previous games. The idea came from this post

After I saw this post I thought: "Not another BMW Gr.3 car, we have enough of those." This made me think, are there other cars like this, that do not deserve to come back to GTS.
And please, provide arguments why it should not return.

I agree with the Fit. So far I feel that they're doing a good job with keeping the crap cars away from this game. BUT, 1 car I would LOVE to see is the Porsche 962 or the Nissan 390. Maybe even both!!

I think all cars can come back.
With the livery editor it is posible to make interesting one make lobbies.

I have no problems with bringing back road cars, but not race cars like the Gr3 M3 GT or 08' Super GTs.

I would love to see those OP cars come back but I feel like we need a new era where classes arent dominated by the above or the ShelbY Series One etc.

Already happening with the likes of the N2-400 SFR Concept or an N300 GT40. The BoP is 3 sheets to the wind in GTS for road cars and if memory serves me right, the Gixxer would slot into N200 and probably dominate from N100 up to N400. After 10 years of that car, it's time to move on.

I wouldn't mind if they made it GrX though. It is a fun car to drive but it has no place in the N category. Way too versatile.

Cars that were included in past GT games because they were new at the time of the previous game release but have little motorsport or automotive significance and arent particularly unique are low priority for me ( Suzuki Swift 2007)

Back