which cars should you never tune?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mekonrider
  • 40 comments
  • 3,547 views
charliec
I leave most street cars as stock as possible, maybe just upgrade to Sport Softs and a better suspension at the most. Sometimes I'll buy a second to tune so I can have a "tuner" version and a "stock" version.

Thats EXACTLY what i do.. and i wont touch exotics unless i have to.. Like for a seasonal.. But both ferraris i modded i ended up getting rid of
 
I want to scream every time I see a rare race car with Stage 3 engine tuning. Irreversible mod that completely changes the car and makes it near useless online or for trading. ex: noone wants to run their DTMs against a 600 HP DTM car, and the cars that it can run against will destroy it. My Zonda LM is ruined this as well, got it in a bum trade, as well as an Astra DTM with the same. Can't barely give them away in the marketplace either.
 
I tune every car. If I end up wanting to drive it "stock", I'll buy another one.

Fiat Panda is a lightweight 190hp beast, I would have never known unless I tuned it.


LOL at all the non-tuners. It's a wonder I don't see any of you online, you would always lose!

And you can't just buy everything for a car and expect it to be "better". You have to TUNE the parts you bought for it to be better.
 
The only thing I do is an oil change and custom suspension so I can get rid of the understeer by changing the rear toe to 0.0 and sometimes add a little camber.

As far as weight reduction or engine mods............nope. If I wanted a lighter or more powerful car, I would get a lighter or more powerful car.
 
Ferrari's and BMW's. Anything I add or change will be a downgrade in comparison to the stock form. The M3 is the best example. To me, it is well ahead of its class as it is.
 
Dennisch
Jaguar Xj13
Ford MkIV
Ferrari P4

Totally agreed. Those suckers are 20m a piece. Granted, I got my Ford and Ferrari through trades, and won my XJ13, but nonetheless. I had troubles beating the Historic Race Car Cup though, so I threw on a Stage 3 turbo and racing softs on my P4 and Mark IV, but only long enough to win the series. After that, the turbo came off. They're so much more fun to drive stock (although I do admit to still using the softs occasionally!) I just didn't want any irreversible mods (stage 2/3 engine and body rigidity).
 
Yellowbird.

+All other RUFs 👍 Good call.

Also- XJ13, Mark IV, 330 P4, Giulia (Pebble Beach), McLaren F1, and similar cars.
 
Never tune the Suzuki Cappichino it's a waste of money.
 
Lexus LFA because there's no point tuning it in the first place. All of my premium cars have 800 HP or more. My slowest premium car (based on horsepower) is my Ferrari 599 with 845 HP.
 
Now, having said that... with the power limiter and ballast (weight) add options, I don't understand why anyone would not tune a car. You can always dial back the power and add weight to get a vehicle back to stock specs, or back to a manageable driving personality, whatever you are looking for. My $0.02

Have you ever looked at the power curve of the car after using the limitter? That's why i don't tune all of my cars. :p

LOL at all the non-tuners. It's a wonder I don't see any of you online, you would always lose!

I do drive some cars stock online and do reasonably well. Not fighting for the victory all of the time though, that's for sure, but more often than not it seems that people tune their cars to hide flaws in their own driving (and this coming from a driver who is average at best).
 
Back