Which Cars to Buy Extra Copy/Copies of….

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 41 comments
United States
United States
Posts I’ve seen lately have me leaning towards getting 2 copies of the F40, for a stock setup and engine swap.

This made me wonder what other cars people enjoy having an extra copy or two of. I’m thinking from a performance standpoint, not appearance from the situation people are in after collecting everything and getting copies for different liveries.

From either “engine swaps”, “weight reduction”, “permanent engine upgrades” etc…

Which of your car copies are you happy with? (From Legendary & Brand Central)

I like team cars if a race car has 2 variance then I 'll try to get both like at the moment I'm saving up to get the #7 Toyota gr10 I already have the #8.

Also Gonna try to get the

Porsche 919 #2 I have the #1
Audi R18 #7 I already have #8
Toyota TS050 #5 I already have #6

And then you have all the GT cars.

I use multiples of the same car for custom races. I like to have a full grid, if possible. Gotta' use those credits for something.

I'm really happy with the 60's and 70's Pony cars and the Charger/Super Bee models. The 60's and 70's Corvettes are excellent. The Panteras are great, too.

The Group C cars are fun, but spendy to get a full grid. And don't forget the classic LeMans cars, another expensive full grid.

Last edited:
I took advantage of the "engine ticket glitch" to get a number of additional engines and have now converted lots of cars with an upgraded engine. Each time I have used a second car for the conversion, retaining one with its original engine. I suppose there's no real reason to do so, but it seemed like a good idea at the time!

I took advantage of the "engine ticket glitch" to get a number of additional engines and have now converted lots of cars with an upgraded engine. Each time I have used a second car for the conversion, retaining one with its original engine. I suppose there's no real reason to do so, but it seemed like a good idea at the time!
I really wish I was around for that… I imagine being able to run an engine swapped car at 2 different pp levels is nice, one upgraded max with weight reduction + engine upgrades for fun and another kept better rounded and more reasonable for lower pp events.

I’m kind of regretting not getting duplicates of some of the Invitation cars, I’ve always had the credits to do so. In addition to having the cars customized different ways, just reverting any changes purchasing “new body” or “new engine” are absurdly expensive. I just checked a few of mine and the “new body” alone can be more than the cost of entire car. IIRC one of the Astons can only make a permanent change with “rigidity” but would cost 3-4 million to remove it. On the other hand, the Enzo is versatile and can do 4 weight reductions and 6 different engine mods… If it set up perfect, PD changing the pp value with an update would be infuriating.

Although I wish they would just abolish the invitation system in general, it would be nice at the very least once we received an invitation for a brand it was permanent. Feels like they decided we are only temporarily worthy of giving x brand millions of credits in exchange for a car

I have a full GT500 grid from 2016, so 15 cars. Plenty of JDM doubles and triples, Supras with different tunes/aero, 3 Integrales all tuned differently, plenty of Skylines with different tunes. Alas I missed the "free engines" PD were giving away accidentally, otherwise I'm sure I'd have a lot more copies.

I really wish I had realized beforehand that prize cars awarded came with 0 mileage (d'uh moment). I would have bought dupes of my prize cars to leave them all at 0km. Oh well.

I pretty much buy what I like. 3 or 4 NA Miatas, 4 M2 Comps, 2 or 3 E92 M3s, 4 E46 M3s, and a few more models. 1 of each is always stock, then the others are in various states of tune.

So I have deliberate duplicates of all the swapped cars I currently have. I also have duplicate Ferrari road cars - Un molested versions in Rosso Corsa and modified versions in Giallo Modena. Last set of duplicates is the R32, R33 and R34, again one completely stock and one modified.

For custom races I have 20 Golf GTIs Mk1 and 20 BMW M3s 89(10 evos and 10 normal ones), 4-5 Mustangs (Mach1s and Bosses). 4Camaros Z, 4Challengers, 4GTO Judges and 4Transam Firebirds(for a Classic muscle/TransAm grid) and 4 Sierras, 4 89 Fairladies, 4 89 Supras and 4 Corvette C4s(for a 89 Touring Car grid)...plus a couple of Lancia Deltas an Panteras-just because I like that cars and I want one of them in each configuration(tuning-wise and customisation-wise)

Too many since starting the game. :lol:

The most of any one car were 50 Levins and 50 Sprinters. 40 of each, all tuned to N2 specs w/liveries and the rest as “spares” stock condition. Before the garage organising and sell features, I was discarding cars, as it was too much to manage when making custom races(without the save feature).

Since then, culled my garage to the cars and series’ I enjoy all the time. Group A touring cars( when, if we get any type of 190E, will be a historical day) and Australian Touring Car Masters/Trans-Am.

Im sure there are many players who bought more cars than I have.
8A8FA0A7-ECCA-4702-B1EE-83EF86CE1A49.jpeg

Too many since starting the game. :lol:

The most of any one car were 50 Levins and 50 Sprinters. 40 of each, all tuned to N2 specs w/liveries and the rest as “spares” stock condition. Before the garage organising and sell features, I was discarding cars, as it was too much to manage when making custom races(without the save feature).

Since then, culled my garage to the cars and series’ I enjoy all the time. Group A touring cars( when, if we get any type of 190E, will be a historical day) and Australian Touring Car Masters/Trans-Am.

Im sure there are many players who bought more cars than I have.
View attachment 1225345
Would you know the garage limit for cars owned ?

I buy extra copies of cars for custom races, my most used ones are:

F1 GTR '97: x3, was going to buy a 4th one but had no purpose for it + am still holding out hope that we will get another 90s GT1 car for Gr.2 at some point.

F1 GTR '96: x2, will be purchasing a 3rd one next time it shows up.

CLK-LM: x4, one is to take the spot of the CLK-GTR and another is in place of the CLR, but I will sell the CLR one if we get another Gr.2 GT1 car or PD add the CLK-GTR.

F40: 3x competizone/LM models and one stock one, but may buy one more to have a street legal track based lightly tuned one.

Diablo GT: x6 in GT, GTR, GT1, Early 2000s GT and SVR spec.

Porsche 993 models: x3 of each.

Corvette C4: x6, Callaway Sledgehammer, Callaway GT2, C4 GT1, IMSA Spec and Stock.

Dodge Viper GTS: x5, in 1996 GT1 spec, GT2, GTS/R GT2 1997 and 1998 and 2000 GTS GTS/R Spec.

Aside from having multiples for each of the engine swap cars, I'm currently working through a few custom race series, in which I'm buying loads of duplicates, giving them liveries based on real life cars, then racing them in a championship.

Currently I have a Honda JTCC/JGTC series on five Japanese circuits which has:
  • Civic Type R '97 x2
  • Civic Type R '98 x3
  • Civic Type R '15 x 3
  • Civic Type R '20 x3
  • Civic Type R Touring Car x2
  • Integra Type R '95 x2
  • Integra Type R '98 x3
  • S2000 x2
Have a look here at the liveries if you like. Many more to come yet!

My next custom race project is a three-class classics rallycross project in the Beetle, Mini and Gordini, with five teams (Martini, Gulf, JPS, Marlboro, Rothmans) on Catalunya rallycross circuit, Goodwood, and Sardegna Windmills. So five of each of those.

I'm also planning a Toyota JGTC series, but a single model, not a mixed bag like the Honda series which has led to some fairly one-sided racing at times. I'm trying to decide if I use the S-FR or the 86 GRMN. I'm also wanting to do a JTCC series with Gr.4 cars standing in as modernised versions of the 1996 series. Plus a Gr.3 grid of Le Mans legends for an endurance race at Circuit de la Sarthe...

I've got a lot of liveries to make...

Based on so many responses here & the thread about “Permanent Car Wear” I decided to get multiples (either 2 or 3) of all the Legendary Gr.1’s while they’re here and the engine swap cars, including F40. Grabbed 3 copies of the 962 before it left.

I had this terrible feeling that if I didn’t PD may pull an “Escudo” on them and might not see them for a very long time; on regular schedule it had already been since last October they were available. I find them so valuable wasn’t going to let that happen.

Of course now that i’m dropping an extra 20 mil on them they will probably get nerfed whenever they end up releasing the update. From what I’ve read on here, right before I started an update raised the pp of the previous (legendary) Gr.1 tunes by 35-40 points

Edit:

Sorry for what is likely a very basic question but can someone explain what the “grids” are so many people are bringing up? I’m not familiar with Custom races, sport/online mode etc…

Last edited:
Sorry for what is likely a very basic question but can someone explain what the “grids” are so many people are bringing up? I’m not familiar with Custom races, sport/online mode etc…
I think it means a full 20-car grid of unique cars for custom races. I have massive respect for the people dedicated enough to set those races up, knowing full well they'll get pennies in return. :lol:

Posts I’ve seen lately have me leaning towards getting 2 copies of the F40, for a stock setup and engine swap.

This made me wonder what other cars people enjoy having an extra copy or two of. I’m thinking from a performance standpoint, not appearance from the situation people are in after collecting everything and getting copies for different liveries.

From either “engine swaps”, “weight reduction”, “permanent engine upgrades” etc…

Which of your car copies are you happy with? (From Legendary & Brand Central)
Really depends on if you tune or not. If you do, at least 3 copies of every car that can have permanent upgrades, focusing on LCD over BC, obviously. 1 stock, 1 partially upgraded, 1 fully upgraded.
If the model doesn't have permanent weight reductions/engine upgrades than 1 is enough. Like I don't buy copies of the race cars aside from the old 50's/60's examples that have some upgrades available.

Cars I'd focus on since they are so dominant in the only three races that matter: F1 road car. Yeah, it's stupid expensive and unless you did the Tomahawk script/Tokyo glitch it's probably not feasible. Best road car in the game for these three races as it can win at Tokyo/Sarthe/Sardegna more handily than others in its class due to it's good fuel mileage when you down-tune the power but it still pulls as if you're running 600+ horsepower. Though the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 may be a strong candidate as a replacement to the F1 that is much more affordable.

F40/F50 are both great as well, though their fuel consumption makes them a little less versatile. They're both able to win all three though not as easily as the F1. The Corvette's, Vipers, the two original NSX's, RX-7 FD and FC, M3 E46, are all great to upgrade. ALL the air-cooled Porsche's, though I might skip the 993 RS Since the 993 RS CS is the exact same car with slightly lower base weight. I've got at least 5 of the 930, 964, each 993, as well as the 997 GT3 and a couple Carrera GT's. Got 3 of the Cayman road cars as well. Miura is an amazing car that is great for Tokyo/Sarthe, GT40 Mk1 same as the Miura. 288 GTO can just barely win at Sardegna, so it's worth at least one spare. Mazda RX500 is pretty good for Tokyo/Sarthe. I could go on and on...

Idk, that's just me though, lol. That's the way I've always played these games, though we didn't really have to save up and wait for a dealership to cycle in order to get the cars we wanted, so the psychological aspects of that makes this game unique (which is 100% by design in the hopes people like me will buy credits)

Edit: Almost Forgot the older Ferrari's! I have 3 of the 250 GT Berlinetta as it's an amazing car (better than the 250 GTO, imo, and undoubtedly faster). 512BB, 365 GTB/4 are the more useful of the four 70's Ferrari's but they're all great. The Diablo and both Countach's as well. I've got like 5 Diablo's, four '74 Countach's and a couple Anniversary Countach's. If the '74 had front downforce options there wouldn't even be a reason to buy the Anniversary as the '74 is better in every way except for downforce.
Merak SS is a good one to own multiples of as its a fantastic car.

As far as engine swap cars (the one's that can receive) those that get a racing donor are hands-down the best. 930 911, either the BRZ drift or Amuse S2K (I've got the GT500 NSX swap in the '02 NSX and it just doesn't have the downforce options to make it as good at Sardegna, NSX is still a good swap for 700pp though) the M3 E46, '73 CSL, Z33 (or Z34... Can't remember which one gets the GTR GT500 engine) and the king of them all, the RX-7/787b swap. As for road car swaps the Eunos Roadster is a good one, not sure about the F40/Enzo as it seems like a crime, lol. The S14/C7 ZR1 swap is a monster! That one gets a pass for sure.

Last edited:
Back