Which category of livery do you look for

• Thread starter phonypoly
  • 12 comments
Canada
On this planet or close by
Whenever you're looking for a car livery/design, which category you look for, "Racing/Abstract/Character .." etc...?

I don't know how to set up a "Poll" :dopey:

I usually look for Racing or Replica, but that's because I'm typically looking for a real-world livery.

If I'm just looking for something cool, I select everything & sort it to the highest rated. If that doesn't work, then I keyword a color or something to narrow it down.

Usually replica, then character (found so many great designs in there) then if I've found nothing good in them I'll look at racing but there are so many in racing all the time which are just base colours so it takes forever to find something interesting.

I've been following some painters who consistently make good designs so they pop up in the recommended section first, saves scrolling through hundreds of liveries.

I'm awfully vain and only ever use ones I've created haha. I do appreciate seeing other's work though. Would explain why I don't tend to share paints either.

Only child syndrome, clearly...

Depends on what I am building the car for. If I am tuning it for races I like to have a realistic racecar Livery. If I am building a car for online Tag matches I will pick whatever looks cool.

Usually racing replica liveries like the GSR and Pacific NAC ones I downloaded for the SLS and 12C GT3 cars. Sometimes I look for other good cartoon ones depending on my mood.

VXR
I'm awfully vain and only ever use ones I've created haha. I do appreciate seeing other's work though. Would explain why I don't tend to share paints either.

Only child syndrome, clearly...

I do it a lot too!

The exception is obvious replicas. I've got the Scooter Patrick 2000GT, the white-with-red Hakosuka GT-R, and a few others along those lines.

The problem for me, is that any category is just littered with crap. The Replica option? I'll find a bunch of flat colours, or neon looks. I'm also (un)fairly picky: if a replica has just used the stock in-game fonts, noticeably, I'll just skip over it.

I also don't use liveries on most road cars. I do it for the GT style race mods, and for any car I've dedicated to online use, since it fits the role of grassroots racer then, but otherwise, my road cars stay looking like road cars.

For me I scroll through the list you get when you first go to find a design and if there are none there I like I go through replica and then racing (if there are no replicas I like). I've found some amazing liveries, my favourites being my Bondurant Camaro Z28, Vaughn Gitten Mustang, Retro Datsun 240Z, BMW Motorsport M3 E30, GT2 Race Mod RX-7, Audi DTM RS5, Mercury NASCAR Cougar, Renown MX-5 ND, Advan Evo X, Red Bull Astra, FINA 595 Abarth and TWR LM XJ220.

But I don't put liveries on race cars.

Last edited:
Real World and Realistic. Gotta have those license plates, man! That, and logos, like AMG, ///M, TRD and that sort of thing.

A huge thanks to the awesome Forza community, by the way 👍 No matter what I think of, if I search it, it is there! I work a lot and have very little time to play this beautiful game. So creating my own designs is out of the question.

Latest Posts

Back