Which chicane is the "death chicane"?

United States
Long Beach, CA
danonite
On SSR11, is it the chicane in the middle of the course, or the one at the end before the final straight? I never actually figured that out.

I believe it's the double chicane in the tunnel section.

👍 Yup. And in GT3, they got rid of this area, making it into a simple, pretty straight with grandstands and lights. In the original GT, it always looked as if this area (the dual chicane) was under construction. At least to me it did.

Death chicane??? I'm intrigued as to how it got it's name/reputation... Anyone care to enlighten me?

Death chicane??? I'm intrigued as to how it got it's name/reputation... Anyone care to enlighten me?

You get it wrong..you die! Lol. It went kinda like this if I'm remembering correct:

----^V--v^----

Sharp right chicane follwed by a short straight followed by a sharp left chicane. Walls on both sides and not much room to maneuver.

You get it wrong..you die! Lol. It went kinda like this if I'm remembering correct:

----^V--v^----

Sharp right chicane follwed by a short straight followed by a sharp left chicane. Walls on both sides and not much room to maneuver.

That chicane is evil. The rest I managed to be able to drive through very well, but for that one I had to slow down a lot for it. Lost so many races just because of the chicane. :grumpy:

Back