Which country makes the best cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter no tcs needed
  • 81 comments
  • 4,069 views
Messages
167
Overall, which country do you think has the best cars in the game? I like the German cars; big and powerful (I've got a 952 BHP Mercedes SL65 AMG) and they've got a couple of good LM cars in the BMW V12 and Audi R8. Have to say I like the Beemers best.
 
I am pretty sure this has been done like A MILLION TIMES.....but, Germany!
 
I'm a huge fan of japanese cars, so japan for me ;)
Good speed, good torque, ... a true dream.
 
this will turn into a gigantic flame war sooner or later. but i would say germany and japan oh and italy, u cant forget about the italians ;)

american cars - torque
german cars - power and style
japanese cars - handling
italian cars - price tag (:lol: im obviously kidding)
 
I'd say german. They have a good range of cars and a fairly wide range of performance. If it was for daily use I'd guess I'd go with Germany, if it was for only sports-deluxe cars I'd go with Italian cars.
 
*prepares for Famine to wander in with pre-prepared 'you can't define exactly where a car is from these days' post. :dunce:

Britain, because I feel like being patriotic. :lol:

Still, we have the Elise, Exige, Elan, Esprit, Noble M12/M400/M15, AC Cobra, most every TVR (I love the Griffith 500), Jaguar D-Type, E-Type, XJ220, XJR-15, most every Aston, the XK-8, Lister Storm GTL, Marcos Mantis GT, technically the McLaren F1, Vauxhall Lotus Carlton, Ascari FGT, Morgan Aero 8 and the Aero 8 GT....

We just suck at 'normal' cars. :sly:
 
jammyozzy
*prepares for Famine to wander in with pre-prepared 'you can't define exactly where a car is from these days' post. :dunce:

Britain, because I feel like being patriotic. :lol:

Still, we have the Elise, Exige, Elan, Esprit, Noble M12/M400/M15, AC Cobra, most every TVR (I love the Griffith 500), Jaguar D-Type, E-Type, XJ220, XJR-15, most every Aston, the XK-8, Lister Storm GTL, Marcos Mantis GT, technically the McLaren F1, Vauxhall Lotus Carlton, Ascari FGT, Morgan Aero 8 and the Aero 8 GT....

We just suck at 'normal' cars. :sly:

Well to be fair to Famine he does have a valid point....

Lotus = Owned by Proton
TVR = Owned by a Russian
Jaguar = Owned by Ford
Aston Martin = Owned by Ford
Vauxhall + Lotus = GM and Proton respectively

The rest well yeah they are British, you also forgot Caterham and Aerial (tut tut), and a few more.

Me I don't think I could pick a single country, I just love cars from all over.

Regards

Scaff

BTW - I have no problem with this being a valid discussion thread on which country you prefer cars from and valid reasons why. However threads of this nature have a habit of turning into silly flame wars, if this happens it will be closed.

Ultimately thats up to all of you, keep it nice.
 
Germany.. Do I need to explain myself or did everyone else also pass "Basic Economics" ?...
 
Scaff and jammyozzy, I think the thread starter meant cars in the game and their performance.

In that case, arguments can be made for both Germany and Japan.

Though, If you mean the country with the best average performance from all its cars in the game, Belgium wins. :)
 
Here's my list of reasons (i'm generally talking about fast cars):

1. It has to go to Italy for the PASSION. Ferrari, Pagani, Lamborghini, Maserati etc... They are all created with a passion not held by any other country. They are nice too.

2. This goes to Deutschland, and almost solely for Porsche. They also produce BMWs, which are nice and sporty if on the heavy side. All German cars tend to be reliable and well built/of a high quality. Mercedes make some nice cars too, but are hampered by too much weight.

3. Britain for its sports cars. Lotuses are fantastic, Nobles are amazing, Cateram/Westfield/Radical are all awsome track cars. Then there is TVR, Arial, Morgan, Jaguar and Aston Martin. All of these are great cars, and again have some passion. Oh, and the Maclaren F1!

Next would come Japan...
 
Nissan Pwns All Of You!

So yeah japanese cars all the way.
 
Italy for the styling and the passion. The essence of the car.

Germany for the sheer precision and mechanics of the whole thing.

Is passion > build quality?

In my book, yes.

Italy!
 
SagarisGTB
Scaff and jammyozzy, I think the thread starter meant cars in the game and their performance.

In that case, arguments can be made for both Germany and Japan.

Though, If you mean the country with the best average performance from all its cars in the game, Belgium wins. :)

Quite right SagarisGTB, although my main point was in reference to jammyozzy's post, I just used the manufacturers he mentioned.

All the same, in game I would not be able to pick a specific country, but I f we can keep the discussion to cars In Game

Regards

Scaff
 
Master_Yoda
Nissan Pwns All Of You!

So yeah japanese cars all the way.

Master_Yoda did you not read what I posted?

scaff
However threads of this nature have a habit of turning into silly flame wars, if this happens it will be closed.

Please don't make me ask this again as I'm quite sure that the majority of members who can post in a reasoned manner would not want the thread closed because of this kind of thing.

Scaff
 
I have to go with Germany and Japan as a tie for first for the game cars. I think Italy falls short in the game because they don't have the Lamborghini, Ferrari, and some other key players that put Italy on the car map. US is a close second as we have a lot of great machines, Viper, Vette, Saleen S7, and of course no one comes close to the US classic muscle cars!
 
Scaff
Master_Yoda did you not read what I posted?
Obviously Not, but he DO know that really large letters make right...
 
Scaff
Master_Yoda did you not read what I posted?
No sorry, i just read the first one, then i posted mine.

Ok...


Anyways, i think this really is in the wrong forum, is this about GT4 or real life? If it's not GT4 why the hell did you post it here?
People are talking about Ferrari, Porsches, Lamborghinis, wich

A.) Are NOT in the game.

B.) To me Ferraris, Lamborghinis.. ETC. are ment for looks and nothing elese. If you have a Ferrari... or whatever, it shows that you have alot of money, and nothing elese.

C. The reason i like Japanese cars soo much, is because they have everything to offer.

1.) Good for the Enviroment, people really trash this world with cars that get very terrible gas mileage. Like Mercedes, Lambos, Porshes, Ferraris, MOST American cars.

2.) Plenty of speed demons, like the Honda/Acura NSX, and Nissan Skyline GTR, wich are both catagorized as Super Cars. But they pleny of cars that can perform just as well, Toyota Supra, most Fairladys (Z), Mitsubishi Evo, AND 3000GT. And remember the test Jeremy Clarkson did with the Evo? The Evo was able to keep up with a Ferrari driven a very good driver. The Subaru STi (any of them) are very fast and manuvarble, and gets decent gas milage, and Honda S2000 is quick car.

3.) Offers cheaper cars that can be tuned to better performence then a Lambo, Ferrari ETC... for a 10th of the price.

4.) They look good, to me and my friends pretty much all of the Japanese sport cars.super cars look good.

5.) Luxury, yes Japanese cars are very comfortable, my dads car is the most comfortable car i have been in. And i have been in many cars, Jaguars, BMW's, Mercedes etc... My dad drives a 04' Honda Accord EX. Leather seats, XM radio, seat heaters, side airbags, allow rims, AC/heater, and pretty much anything you will need, and my dad only paid $25,000.

6.) Reliability, this is were japanese cars really do shine, the top most reliable cars in the world. And if your car gets damaged, wich sadly happens to most people. It's alot cheaper with Japanese cars to fix it. Like my friends mom drives a BMW wagon, and shes affraid to damage it cause it costs so much to get it repaird. As of are Honda it's alot cheaper.

Japanese cars save you money, but give you the same enjoyment! Whats not to like?
 
Master_Yoda
Anyways, i think this really is in the wrong forum, is this about GT4 or real life? If it's not GT4 why the hell did you post it here?

It is about GT4, read the original post again, it is in the right place, but its rapidly getting away from it.

no tcs needed
Overall, which country do you think has the best cars in the game? I like the German cars; big and powerful (I've got a 952 BHP Mercedes SL65 AMG) and they've got a couple of good LM cars in the BMW V12 and Audi R8. Have to say I like the Beemers best.



Master_Yoda
People are talking about Ferrari, Porsches, Lamborghinis, wich

A.) Are NOT in the game.

Which has already been adressed, and you have just gone and ignored.

Scaff
All the same, in game I would not be able to pick a specific country, but I f we can keep the discussion to cars In Game

Please can we keep this on topic or it will be locked.

Last chance guys


Regards

Scaff
 
Scaff
It is about GT4, read the original post again, it is in the right place, but its rapidly getting away from it.







Which has already been adressed, and you have just gone and ignored.



Please can we keep this on topic or it will be locked.

Last chance guys


Regards

Scaff

Yeah sorry, it's just everyone has been talking about Ferraris, Lambos, and Porsches, and some other cars that are NOT in the game, so it was confusing what we were talking about.
 
If econemy and reliabilty are the criteria then we should all be
driving Toyota Echo's (not made anymore) The Evo got one of the
worst ratings ever in owner satisifaction polls. The Japanense cars
haven't done all that well in world class racing. (including rally)
Last time I checked this game was about racing.
 
supert10
If econemy and reliabilty are the criteria then we should all be
driving Toyota Echo's (not made anymore) The Evo got one of the
worst ratings ever in owner satisifaction polls. The Japanense cars
haven't done all that well in world class racing. (including rally)
Last time I checked this game was about racing.
Yeah i did mention racing issues, but i wasn't sure if this was for the game, or real life.

But then again the title doesn't say, "Wich country has the best racers?"
 
In my completely biased opinion, England. I'm too big a TVR and Aston fan even if they arn't the best car's in the game I still use them a lot because I'm such a big fan of them irl. My honest opinion of which country makes the best cars has to be Japan, they have the variety and have top level small cars, sportscars, supercars and race cars. I mean look at the S2000, NSX-R, R390 road car, Toyota 88C-V race car, NISMO 350Z GT500 race car, ~Tommy Kaira ZZII ect. I like a lot of the American sportscars too, especially the Shelby series 1, I think that car looks superb and it drives quite well too. The Korean's are probably the weakest not counting the one make, one car countries.
 
In my completely biased opinion, Japan, but in my honest opinion, Japan. :p
 
Japan,

The fastest race cars,
the most reliable cars (pointing to Toyota :dopey: )
the coolest sports cars, Skyline, Lancer, Supra, Silvia, etc.



So IMO Japan kicks German ass
 
HOLLAND!!! with the gillet; in the game they are almost definately the fastest country on average!

(oh..., did I mention a big fat 0 for style, driveability and altogether desirability)
 
Hapul
HOLLAND!!! with the gillet; in the game they are almost definately the fastest country on average!
That's been mentioned before, although it was correct last time.
SagarisGTB
Though, If you mean the country with the best average performance from all its cars in the game, Belgium wins. :)
And the Vertigo is Belgian.
 
Back