Which country makes the best cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter no tcs needed
  • 81 comments
  • 4,069 views
So you prefer Spanish cars then :dopey:.
The way I see it..
The most exiting cars are in the UK, then the US and the least exiting cars can be found in Japan. The best average performance is Belgium, the worst is probably Spain. The best selection of cars is Japan as is the most varied selcetion covering top performing cars in several classes. The best performnig stock road cars are arguably the Tommy Kaira ZZII and the TVR Speed 12, the best performaing race cars are arguably the Toyota Minolta 88C-V and the Pescarolo C60.

My personal fave overall is still the UK.
 
Japan and Germany are very matched to each other, but i will choose for

Japan!!!!!:)
 
Mine would easily be Japan. They're fast, nice-handling, affordable, comfortable, and good-looking. Not to mention reliable and economic.
 
Pink_the_Floyd
Japan,

The fastest race cars,
the most reliable cars (pointing to Toyota :dopey: )
the coolest sports cars, Skyline, Lancer, Supra, Silvia, etc.



So IMO Japan kicks German ass
Allthough Toyotas are ery reliable, Honda tend to be a bit more, hard to say cause there both similar countrys. But Honda's go a long way. And are very well egineered, so you save money when you sell. If you noticed used Honda prices are much higher then others, cause they last so well, and so long. My friends dad still has his 80' Honda Civic running like new, w/o a new engine or and tune ups, he has definatly lost some HP but thats it.
 
live4speed
So you prefer Spanish cars then :dopey:.
The way I see it..
The most exiting cars are in the UK, then the US and the least exiting cars can be found in Japan. The best average performance is Belgium, the worst is probably Spain. The best selection of cars is Japan as is the most varied selcetion covering top performing cars in several classes. The best performnig stock road cars are arguably the Tommy Kaira ZZII and the TVR Speed 12, the best performaing race cars are arguably the Toyota Minolta 88C-V and the Pescarolo C60.
close, but off. Sweden is slower on average, the mighty Ibiza cupra is much closer to the performance of the S60 than one might think and that volvo wagon ensures that Sweden is the slowest. Though one could make a decent argument for France, all the slow Peugeots, citroens and renaults that are slower than the Ibiza will drag their average down though the Group B cars might be enough to give France a break.

And the best performing race car is the Formula GT (PD, Japan). If you exclude it, its either the two you mentioned or the Sauber C9, Nissan R92CP, Bentley Speed 8 or Audi R8. Id love to ad the R89C to that list but its below the R92 so it cant be the best, but its damn fast.
 
My vote goes to.....

PLANET EARTH.

The whole thing about any country making a car better than any other country is bogus. Every country that produces an automobile (with the exception of upstarts like China and the former Soviet Bloc) makes it good, but good in their own way.

I like them all. I like the Cizeta. I like the R390GT1. I like the Saleen S7. I like the SLR Mclaren.

I like the Charger most of all, but that doesn't mean I'm some punk who does nothing but slam other makes.
 
Id love to ad the R89C to that list but its below the R92 so it cant be the best, but its damn fast.
Actually, if you ask me, it's exactly the same car. And the R89c feels so much more special after the time and effort in Missions 31-34 ;)

I know I'm well-known as a Skyline nut, which I am, and S2000s are wonderful to drive, but German cars are just better in reality. In the game, there's a huge bias towards Japan, though, so overall I would say that Japan is my favourite GT4 country.

DE
 
SagarisGTB
close, but off. Sweden is slower on average, the mighty Ibiza cupra is much closer to the performance of the S60 than one might think and that volvo wagon ensures that Sweden is the slowest.
Your right, I forgot about the old Vovlo 850 estate, that certainly would take Sweden below Spain, I think France is quite far off being the average slowest, with the two Pescarolo's, the 905 LeMans racer and the rally cars. They have some other not so slow cars too like the Hommel and the Clio V6 road and race cars.

And the best performing race car is the Formula GT (PD, Japan). If you exclude it, its either the two you mentioned or the Sauber C9, Nissan R92CP, Bentley Speed 8 or Audi R8. Id love to ad the R89C to that list but its below the R92 so it cant be the best, but its damn fast.
I wasn't including the Formula car, but yeah, it is the best performance car in the game.
 
in game - Japan
real life - Japan (although the latest cars I looked at were BMW330, VW GTI and Audi A3) :-)
 
I'd have to say Italy..Especialy Alfa GT what else...
 
Jim Prower
My vote goes to.....

PLANET EARTH.

The whole thing about any country making a car better than any other country is bogus. Every country that produces an automobile (with the exception of upstarts like China and the former Soviet Bloc) makes it good, but good in their own way.

I like them all. I like the Cizeta. I like the R390GT1. I like the Saleen S7. I like the SLR Mclaren.

I like the Charger most of all, but that doesn't mean I'm some punk who does nothing but slam other makes.

Fair enough, all countries have their good and bad points in car manufacture. They're all made to suit different people's needs. But I didn't ask what country makes the worst cars, I asked what country makes the best cars. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and everyone has different tastes, there is no right or wrong answer. I just wanted to get people's opinions on the subject.

Also, I forgot to mention the Sauber Mercedes as a good LM car for Germany.
 
Nihon.
 
And every country makes cars that fit best in there country. Since cars don't really evolve like us humans to fit there suroundings, it can come to a really biased opinion.
 
daan
That's been mentioned before, although it was correct last time.

And the Vertigo is Belgian.
Same neck of the woods... It's all european and it's all frozen 99% of the time:dopey:
 
Master_Yoda
Allthough Toyotas are ery reliable, Honda tend to be a bit more, hard to say cause there both similar countrys. But Honda's go a long way. And are very well egineered, so you save money when you sell. If you noticed used Honda prices are much higher then others, cause they last so well, and so long. My friends dad still has his 80' Honda Civic running like new, w/o a new engine or and tune ups, he has definatly lost some HP but thats it.



The oldest car is my village drivig is Corolla from '76 or '77 (?):sly:
 
Now it's been said a couple of times, we are talking about cars ingame so why bother to begin on reliability again?
 
UK. Their supercars are a blast to drive and stylish. Lotus, Aston Martin, Jaguar... And it's home to THE BEAST, the TVR Speed 12. I'd rather drive that spaceship than a benz or beamer any day.

US second for cars like the saleen and ford GT. The GTS class racers (Vette and Viper) are also some of the best performing cars in the game short of lmp/GT1/class C.
 
True, every country does have their own type and view of automibiles.

UK has their Lotus', Germany have their BMW'S, U.S have their Vette' & Mustangs, Australia has their Monaro's and Japan have their legendary Skylines (Not that having around 60 bloody Skylines in GT4 has anything with them being popular)...👍
 
I'm going to with America. I think collectively they have the most powerful performance geared cars. The list is quite extensive. The Z06, GTS, S7, FGT, Cobra-R, and Series 1 are IMO, the best handling road cars in the game in the more advanced stages of tuning, and they are quite useful later down the road too.
 
If your going for collective power in cars then surely it's Belgium still, they have on average over 900bhp per car :lol:. In all seriousness though, that's given me an idea that I might test later in the day.
 
Germany has the best cars IMO. Even alot of Australian cars use German parts, such as Ford..
 
Japan makes the U.S own3d
 
Okay, first I haf to agree with Master Yoda, what are we talkin about? If we're talkin about real life, Italy, no car can come close to comparing with the Bugatti Veyron, and Ferraris are in a league of their own in terms of performance and style, but in the game? The Japanese cars are king, nothing from any other country comes close in terms of speed and handling in my opinion.... and they have the GT-One, my all time favourite Le Mans racer :D
 
I'm going to have to vote for Germany. Easy choice.

GT Pro
True, every country does have their own type and view of automibiles.

UK has their Lotus', Germany have their BMW'S, U.S have their Vette' & Mustangs, Australia has their Monaro's and Japan have their legendary Skylines (Not that having around 60 bloody Skylines in GT4 has anything with them being popular)...👍

And, on the other end of the spectrum...

The UK has their Rovers, Germany has their Opels, the U.S. have their Buicks & Tauruses, Japan has their legendary K-cars......and, um, I don't know of any Australian cars that are horrible. :lol:
 
Supercar_Killer
Okay, first I haf to agree with Master Yoda, what are we talkin about? If we're talkin about real life, Italy, no car can come close to comparing with the Bugatti Veyron, and Ferraris are in a league of their own in terms of performance and style, but in the game? The Japanese cars are king, nothing from any other country comes close in terms of speed and handling in my opinion.... and they have the GT-One, my all time favourite Le Mans racer :D
Yeah, i would say the same thing for real life. Italy and Japan, but Germany not far behind. But every country does make car that suit there needs more then others.
If you have noticed alot of British and Japanese cars a very compact but can pack a punch on the circuit.
Italy, Germany, and the USA are more like powerhouses, fast at the top end and straight line, but alot of them lose it at the corner, BMW's thought are fast in pretty much every way. But most of the new BMW's are ugly as hell.

Conclusion: Every country has somthing to offer, just some countrys half bravery to build very expensive rare power houses, wile other countrys come up with more practicle cars.

Only country that really doesn't offer much is South Korea, they do have a few nice cars, like Proto Moters Spirra, or Hyudai Accent Rally Car, or Hyudai Tiberan can be pretty fast.

Some countrys make better looking cars then others. Ferrari and Lamborghini are definatly up there, but some older BMW's look really nice along with every Fairlady, and Skyline that ever existed.
 
Back