WHICH DRIVE TYPE.....You Choose

  • Thread starter Thread starter Supra4eva
  • 36 comments
  • 1,059 views
Messages
158
Alright. You all know why you are readin this thread. Which drive type do your prefer and what are your reasons for it. Go for it :

AWD
4WD
FR
FF
MR

I think I prefer FR mainly because the handling is great, theres the power, and theres also the ability to do dougnuts when ya want,lol. Good for drifting aswell. ;)
 
I prefer MR, (it means mid-engine car right?) I picked it because most of the nice looking cars and the fat ones are MR. And what does RR mean?
 
RR means Rear engine, Rear wheel drive!
So the engine is placed behind the rear axle!
The 911's have RR and the VW Beetle too! :)

But hey... there's no difference between AWD (All Wheel Drive) and 4WD (Four Wheel Drive)!!
It's just the same! :)
 
i prefer 4wd because my favourite cars sre 4wd(zII, skyline vspecII, escudo,escort rally car,etc.):p
 
Ever notice how all the really good race cars are MR?
 
dude in GT3 theres no difference between 4wd and awd..... :p
and, derf, to answer your question, yes, and if you want to learn WHY it is, you might wanna read my report on cars.. :p
 
Originally posted by RX-7 Turbo II
RR means Rear engine, Rear wheel drive!
So the engine is placed behind the rear axle!
The 911's have RR and the VW Beetle too! :)

The VW Beetle as presented in GT3 (i.e. the New Beetle) is front-engine front-drive - it's basically a VW Golf in a dress.

The old real world banger from ages ago is indeed rear engine - rear drive.
 
Call me crazy, but I like the FF cars :D

specifically the fiat ;)
 
I would say I like FR best. But 4WD is better in my opinion as long as it has that part (forgot the name) that let's you put more power to the rear wheels than the front so it can oversteer when you hit the gas.

I like when all my wheels have power, if it a some have more than others. :)

4WD for me!
 
Originally posted by UB57
CRAZY ! ! !
(But I like'em too!!!!)...UB57
:D :D :D

yeah, i think my next purchase will be a civic (vti or type r) :)
 
Originally posted by ving
yeah, i think my next purchase will be a civic (vti or type r) :)

:D Yeh, I've got a yellow Civic Type R, goes like stink but unfortunately handles like "stink" as well. Tried matching all settings to the Spoon civic, but still couldn't get it to turn as well...UB57
:D
 
goes like the clappers!!! :p

if it comes in blue (the new temm ving colour ;) ) I'm gonna get one :D
 
:D Not sure of color choice, max HP about 400+ if I remember (am away from my GT3 for a few days), but try NOT maxing it out. Perhaps it'll handle better for you...UB57
:D
 
I think that the MR setup is the4 best type of setup for racing anyone could possibly have. The perfect weight ratio is what is gives you. Even with that fact, I still prefer my FR over wrong wheel drive any day of the week. It takes skill to race both, but the feeling of breaching the traction barrier in a FR, there is nothing like it.
 
or... braking traction in a FF and pushing too wide...
 
now an FF if it could use power to the extension of a FR, MR or RR, It would probably be the strongest car to come out of a corner, but it can't harness the power. They definately have the ability to be the fastest out of a corner.
 
no weight on the wheels is the problem.
the FR has all the weight of the car to keep the wheels from spining but the FF doesnt and is having to drag all the weight instead.

altho... we have a mitsu magna that races in the furture tourers series here that does really well.
 
I have noticed that a few FF in touring cars run really well, they don't really need the horsepower advantage when they run, They are quick on their feet, but you have to possess so much skill to handle those cars properly. Normal people you see out on the streets, the average person I should say, don't have the respect for the car they are driving. Now I am not saying that as a generalazation here either. I feel these people should not be driving the way they think they can. Without the respect and knowing the limit of a car, the car will never run good no matter what setup. You can throw a huge turbo or supercharger, make it All engine, whatever, and it won't run fast without those two qualities in the drifvers possession. I always say it is not the var that makes the driver, it is the driver that makes the driver.
 
actually i am the type of RL driver that finds EVERY car fun to drive. regardless of its power. its a matter of finding the limit of that car and pushing it. even slow cars are fun when they are at thier limit. It's never about speed, more about controlling limits.
to me that is :p :)
 
Originally posted by vat_man
The VW Beetle as presented in GT3 (i.e. the New Beetle) is front-engine front-drive - it's basically a VW Golf in a dress.

The old real world banger from ages ago is indeed rear engine - rear drive.
I didn't talk about the New Beetle... but the good old Beetle :)
 
That is cool Ving, I respect the fact that you try to find something about ever car out there. That is commendable. There are cars out there that I just do not find fun at all to drive, even at their limit. Any SUV by ex. I feel very uncomfortable in them and feel like they are going to flip or something when they are pushed. The reason I have a dislike to FF cars is because I had a 97 civic back in the day that I purchased and after two years and trying to push the car, (very slow car I should say) I realized I could never get the potential out of the car with a FF setup. I had a crazy idea of turning it into a FR, but mods are money and at the time I had none. I ended up totalling the car one night (while racing at 3:30am) in the middle of BFE after losing control over an oil slick on the road ( Florida is known for oily roads right at the beginning an after the rain) and going into a concrete barrier at 35mph and then getting T-boned by the fellow I was racing. Thank god he was able to slow down. After that incident, realizing what I had to do in the FF car to advert that from happening again and realizing a rear wheel drive car would have been perfect for that, I had a problem with wrong wheel drive cars.
 
well, i like 4wd but FR (my 620-bhp\Cobra r ) is great, also good for little drifting ;)
(completed the game for 11% now :/ so my opinion could change, (haven't drove RR & MR)
greetings
 
Originally posted by RX-7 Turbo II
I didn't talk about the New Beetle... but the good old Beetle :)

I thought you might have been, but it wasn't 100% clear in your post if you were speaking in a Real Life or a GT3 context.
 
Originally posted by miata13B
That is cool Ving, I respect the fact that you try to find something about ever car out there. That is commendable. There are cars out there that I just do not find fun at all to drive, even at their limit. ........... After that incident, realizing what I had to do in the FF car to advert that from happening again and realizing a rear wheel drive car would have been perfect for that, I had a problem with wrong wheel drive cars.

I doubt a FR would have saved you there... yes you pushed wide thru the corner, but an oil slick is an oil slick and nothing would have done any good (tho just maybe a 4WD). Tho i guess I cant comment as I dont know the full extent of the situation. I am guessing that you stomped on the gas to get out and the wheels just spun. Maybe less gas would do it?

anyhow, like i said I dont know what happened really so my comment may not apply. :)
 
I Know there aren't any AWD Cars in GT3, the real reason i asked about AWD and 4WD is really to test if people know the difference between them. Its kind of a New Concept, classing AWD and 4WD cars in seperate sections.... I think Its new anyway. But not many people know the difference.
 
I'm going to have to go with 4wd but only if I have a vcd to make it handle more like a rwd car. If I can't have a vcd... its RR.
 
lol..i don't really care what i drive.. i am all good with all dirvtrain... does not matter with me...
 
Back