Which Gr. 4 and Gr. 3 car is better?

Personally I choose

Viper Gr4/Gr3

What made you chose these specific cars? Is it because you have bought/won/bee gifted them? If that's the case, why not test them all and see what works best for you?

Beetle is no longer dominant but still far too many 911s showing up! Merc AMG GT Gr3 is brilliant, but a real sleeper that's vastly under rated is the Vantage which is also quite the weapon in Gr4.

I find the vipers have great brakes and turning grip but not quite as fast on the straights. But it really depends on your style, skill, and the track. There are a few ringer cars, imo. Like the beetle seems to be way too good, imo.

I know it might sound silly, but what would you say are best cars for certains styles? i have no idea what mine is but i seem to be doing best with TT and aston martin in gr3, i have used almost all the cars but still feel more confused than at the start of the game. thanks

Did they finally adjust it? It was crazy how good it was for a while
I set my best lap time in the Beetle last night on Yama+Miyabi surprisingly. Tried M6, SLS, 458, RSR and Beetle... Beetle came out on top so I used it for the races. You can gain so much time on the corners as it just sticks!

I was playing today's Brands Hatch daily race with Corvette. I rage quit again. The same. I got off the track and got last position, and some people rammed me. I don't know what's going on. I played daily race on Brands Hatch much earlier, and was good. So why now I'm not good? Beacuse I changed assists settings to lower? (only ABS and TCS, no ASM and countersteering)? Or turned off race music? I remember my first online matches. Mount Panorama and Brands Hatch in early January were good races for me.

Last edited:
Quitting a race is bad idea, no matter what happens on track. Your DR will drop significantly and you'll be in with even worse drivers.

Plod along at the back if you have to and get your safety rating up. There's a lot less drama further up and it's a lot more predictable.

Quitting a race is bad idea, no matter what happens on track. Your DR will drop significantly and you'll be in with even worse drivers.

Plod along at the back if you have to and get your safety rating up. There's a lot less drama further up and it's a lot more predictable.
lost 1250 DR (and 1 SR) quitting one race because I had something come up, man that pissed me right off.

Or I need to brake earlier. On Brands Hatch I was braking later than the warning system told and never got off the track. Viper. Now I'm getting off the track. Corvette. It's all about assists. Controller

Or I need to brake earlier. On Brands Hatch I was braking later than the warning system told and never got off the track. Viper. Now I'm getting off the track. Corvette. It's all about assists. Controller
play with brake bias, with longer wheelbase heavy FR cars like the Corvette, Viper, Merc, etc. I tend to put brake bias to the front for faster braking. Corvette Gr3 is perfect at -2 for me.

I know it might sound silly, but what would you say are best cars for certains styles? i have no idea what mine is but i seem to be doing best with TT and aston martin in gr3, i have used almost all the cars but still feel more confused than at the start of the game. thanks
It's really going to be trial and error. You will have to put in some time with each car on different tracks. For real world tracks i would watch replays of real races and then top people in gts to see how they take corners where you see opportunity to improve. If you see a specific car all.over the top leaderboards I would start there and see how it feels for you. Keep in mind some people spend a lot of time tuning for specific tracks so don't get too discouraged if you find yourself way off their pace. Transmission tuning can have a big impact on times, play with the antiroll bar settings, I find that dropping the values for antiroll bars helps me a lot.

Edit: I also think input devices will impact your driving style. When I use a wheel I'm much more precise with throttle and braking inputs and can usually turn TCS off. Using controllers I'm more of an on/off guy and certain cars are more controllable with that kind of input. I find some of the Mr cars are difficult with controllers but very rewarding with a wheel, as I am less ham-fisted with the wheel. Part of the fun imo is experimenting with different cars and trying a car out that just stomped me in a race and try and find where the driver was getting all that speed. It can also be frustrating though, as we don't all have the time to put hours of lapping into a bunch of cars. I'd focus on consistency in hitting your braking and throttle points. You might not be the fastest but if you are consistent you can pick up places off the mistakes of others.

Last edited:

That brake indicator can be quite misleading and often flashes up when you don't need to slow down. Try using the cones instead. There are two cones side by side for brake points and a lot more informative.

Just don't run over them if they're knocked onto the track. They feel like they're made of reinforced concrete and can easily make you crash.:crazy:

Back