Which Gran Turismo did you play in Order?

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 47 comments
Bahrain
Parts Unknown
DM me
DM me
I think there must been a similar thread done before but i searched and didn't find anything so sorry if this been already done before.

I just want to know about GTP members and which GT Games did they play/Not play and in order so here's mine in order of what GT game played through out my life: (note: this doesn't include Tourist Trophy which was a great game)

1. Gran Turismo 1: Around 2002 and this happened before we bought a new Fat PS2 so we only owned a PS1 back then. My Family owned this game since 1999 I think. I remember playing with my brothers, my sister and even my dad and uncle (which he was a car enthusiasts back then) and I had tons of fun with them playing that game. I remember I (I mean we) owned a lot of different cars in Gran truismo mode with almost everything completed except couple hard events (mind you most of GT Mode completion were done by my brother's as I did things like Sunday cup with overpowered race modified cars :sly: which I end up crashing worse than every single GT6 online player).

2. Gran Turismo 3 and Concept: By late 2002 (December I guess), we bought a "new" Fat PS2 and one of the 3 games we bought were GT3 and GTC which spend tons of times in those 2 games (mainly GT3), I remember unlocking new cars and tracks on arcade mode and racing 2 player mode with our favorite cars like the famous Suzuki Esucdo and that GT one on test course and SSR5. I also remember that Pod race which for first couple times, we always fail because we didn't know that we need to full handbrake stop at the end until we knew that after couple days :lol:. Also Let's not forget those Forumla cars, they were awesome!

3. Gran Turismo 2: Around 2003, My uncle decided to buy a used GT2 copy since we didn't own one and instead we owned GT1,3 and Concept. The game came in 2 different disc which confused me a lot at the first place until we tested the both disk which turned out to be one of them were you could do quick races and 2 player race (arcade disk) and the other one with career mode (Grand Turismo mode). I always called GT2 as GT1 with new stuff including huge big list of cars and new cool tracks but sadly no SSR11 :(. I did played it a lot with my brother once again but not that much compared to GT1 and GT3. There's a lot of cars from GT2 that I wished it still exists to the newer GT Games, I didn't really know why (of course i know why by now).

4. GT4 Prologue: back in late 2004, there were places where you could try PS2 games (that was long gone ago) which I saw GT4 P and decided to play for couple minutes, there was like a license test and races, I did the first license test and immediately decided to stop and just do races instead, there was really few track numbers and so I tried them all. I remember a track with very small roads that it made me suck hard at it (CITTA DI ARIA). On 2012, I bought a copy of GT4p from ebay and tried it on my slim PS2, I was wondering why the hell I was that bad back then?? It wasn't hard at all IMO.

5. Gran Turismo 4, 2005, this is by far the most played GT game I ever played. First of all, my all hard work went away 2 times because of corrupted memory cards, both my 2 gone hard work where around % 90 completion and my heart were broken when the memory cards got corrupted for no 🤬 reasons. Also my GT3 and GTC were gone thanks to That. :mad:
Anyway, I remember completing license test before touching any races so I could save my money. I went then used my prized earned cars to complete any event that I could complete. Then I started to buy new/used cars for other events. I also remember using B-spec for some tons of events so I could speed up the race by x3, especially durning Endurance races (back when there were real 24h endurance races, not just 24 minutes).
I remembered a event in european events where you use DTM cars on a cup to win a Mercedes CLK GTR '98 which helped me a lot to win 24h of green hell and which earned me the FGT...:eek::drool: ...in orange :ill:. I then used those DTM cup to earn money and get That CLK then sell them for Money and soon I decided to buy every single LMP car available to buy including those 4 black LMP you could find in used dealership. I remember being stuck in the final driving mission number 34 which was literally HELL. I never got to pass that 1st place merc. During the first days, I remember doing races on Nurb which was really hard for me and really suffered a lot of pain but then started to really enjoy it.

6. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, back in late 2008, a new mall was opened and there was (still exist) a big store where they sell TV's, Consoles, DVD players, phones, and all other electric stuff. When I went inside, I saw a GT5 Prologue in some sim racing setup with racing seats, wheels, pedals and big TV or monitor, there was a kid driving around Daytona and was like crashing to everyone :lol: along with his brothers and his mom watching him playing so I watched starred at them for couple minutes (I didn't fell that shame about it :lol:) and then went away and came back after we almost saw everything that were on sell then I saw it empty and went ahead and sit down and I raced around london since it was one of the new GT5 tracks and then daytona road course, I don't remember which wheel was it but I think it maybe was a Logitech wheel. At that time I didn't have a PS3 until Augest 2009 and didn't get to try GT5P on my PS3 until early 2010 when my brother borrow from his friend a copy of GT5P which we played for couple weeks only. I only owned a Daihatsu Copen in purple and Nissan 350z in a red. I was interested to see a cockpit view and "great" graphics back then, thought I really complained about only able to use Owned cars to do acrade mode races.

7. Gran Turismo 5, 19 December 2010, I bought this almost a month after the release of GT5, I remember hoping in 2 player race using the nissan GTR around Indi and ramming each other just to see the new damages which I quite liked in some ways and hated it in others, especially the rally cars which it had doors that could fall off. I remember buying the honda civic in black as my first car, there was like levels for events and cars so I couldn't buy any car I want unless I got to that level which made things harder (but hey at least there wasn't any microtransactions that made money and level xp impossible to earn). I remember there were things like musem cards to earn, paint clips, horns and other stuff to get and use in your cars, community, you could gift, "trade" or lean cars from another guys. Also I remember the racing modifications where I could turn my car into a race car juat like GT1 and GT2 but sadly there were only 16 cars to do that. I was one of few people who actually played both A-spec and B-spec, both are level 40 right now. The course maker was awesome, sure it look basic and it basically just generate random track instead of fully customisable track course but still really fun to make and enjoy other people's creations. I remember a course where it has a huge ramp that makes you go crazy in the air, imagine with cars like X2010 and X2011?:mischievous: Gran Turismo TV was underrated but really loved to check out random clips and videos of different stuff. One of my favorite tracks were Top Gear Test Track because I was a massive Top Gear Fan, I always liked to do laps around cars they have tested. One sad thing is that I haven't played GT5 online until October 2012 when we upgrade the internet speed so i was able to do download to the latest update. Around late 2012 and early 2013, those were the best GT5 moments ever!! Along with the new cars and tracks, there was a massive "hacked" cars with engine swaps, colors that only available through hacking, lowered cars, options to remove spoilers, bumpers, some even bonnets and other stuff too. There were also hacked Fiat's, civic's and x2011 which could break the game sounds (just watch one of hacked x2011 videos). Also Let's not forget the shuffle races which's really fun especially with dirty shuffle races around every single track. It made me play GT5 more than any other game during that time until when PDI did couple patches to stop us from doing that and that's when I got really pissed off. This where my most fun moments ended and all thanks to them. :(
I'm not sure why I even bought every single DLC they have for GT5 which I could have bought a full game instead. Last thing I remember was trading with some fellow GTP members which one of the main reasons the GTP posts increased a lot.

8. Gran Turismo 6: 29 November 2013, the game was leaked over here by a week before so I bought one with huge hype in order to give info about GT6 for everyone only to end up getting a huge disappointed. I remember answering people's questions about the game only to end up disappointed and pissed off. I did a big mistake by buying the game that early, I learned to wait for reviews and people opinion before buying any game. I enjoyed GT6 for like first month or so before completing the game until it got boring. I still play it to this day but i think was a big fail and probably the worst GT game every made. Fans started to go away with time and time, I see most GTP members leave GT and never touched it again. :(

I was really sad to see that and hopefully PDI release the course maker update which might make them happy once again and I hope GT7 going to be a much better GT game.

Anyway I know this is a long list but originally I want to just say this shortly:

1) GT1 - 2002
2) GT3 & GTC - late 2002 - early 2003
3) GT2 - late 2003
4) GT4P - late 2004 (played), 2012 (owned)
5) GT4 - 2005
6) GT5P - 2008 (played), 2010 (borrowed from a friend)
7) GT5 - 19th December 2010
8) GT6 - 29th November 2013

Now it's your turn to say what GT you played and in order.

(Sorry for bad grammer but I was typing on my phone which's quite hard especially with these long posts)

Edit: i forgot GT PSP https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...o-did-you-play-in-order.330798/#post-10808289

Last edited:
GT1: Never played it, and have never been across a copy to add to my library for nostalgia sake.

GT2: Can't recall exactly when I picked it up, but it was actually recommended by a friend who was passively interested in video games. It was probably around 2000 when I bought it, and I played it for several years.

GT3: I didn't get a PS2 until 2002 and got GT3 shortly afterward, but didn't get as much mileage from it like I had GT2.

GT4: I got this one shortly after it was released and played it for a while. I'd say my playing time with GT4 tapered off by 2007.

GT5: Late to the new console party again. I didn't get a PS3 until March '13 and didn't start playing GT5 until August. GT5 is probably my least played title of them all, but mainly because I was busy with other things at the time. Otherwise I probably would have started a little sooner, but wouldn't have necessarily bought it at launch.

GT6: Got it on day 1 and have played it more than I should admit. GT6 wins my 'most played' title of the series.

In the order they were released in, playing them the same month - actually, barring GT1, the same day - they were released. I've missed out on the Concepts, GT4P, and GTHD, but did get GTPSP and Tourist Trophy on their release days.

GT1 - Dad brought it home as a surprise at the end of May 1998. I had no idea what it was. Struggled to get bronze on the Demio 1000M test, and vividly remember being bothered by my dad managing silver his first attempt.
GT2 - After the first game knocked FFVII out of the PS for the majority of 1999, I bought GT2 with Christmas money. It was a notoriously sketchy release, with nobody really knowing what day it was supposed to be. Technically North America got it on the 23rd, but no store out in the sticks had it in stock until after, during the strange limbo week between Christmas and New Years.
GT3 - Called the local EB to ask when their shipment was arriving. Got there very shortly after, did a lap of Midfield in the MR-S on the display PS2, then took it home. Only problem? I didn't actually get a PS2 until three months later. Bought a memory card, and played at my cousin's almost every day that summer.
GT4 - My first pre-order, I grabbed this from the EB at the closest mall to university campus. Brought it home and fought through golding the license tests during an all-nighter. My roommate had a major paper due, so I was staying up for moral support, right?
GT5 - Drove over when EB opened, got the only CE box they had shipped to that location, strapped it into the car, and drove home. Played on a 14in screen for a bit there...
GT6 - I couldn't tell you where I pre-ordered it, but I know I did.

1) Gran Turismo
2) Gran Turismo 2
3) Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
4) Gran Turismo 4
5) Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
6) Gran Turismo HD
7) Gran Turismo PSP
8) Gran Turismo 5
9) Gran Turismo 6

GT1 -> GT2 -> GT3 -> GT4 -> 5 Prologue -> GT5 -> rented GT6.

GT1: My first concentrated exposure to a serious racer. Loved all the different cars I could buy and tune to my heart's content, though I wasn't any good at it until a decade later. I never beat the endurance races back then, and the Normal and Hard-Tuned Car leagues were tough as nails.

GT2: Spent a lot of time with my uncle, ended up clobbering most of the races with the Escudo and got bored extra fast. I was severely bummed that a number of road cars couldn't be race-modified. I didn't beat the game because of all the manufacturer races, and I just couldn't do them all.

GT3: I got serious about getting good. Started with learning manual transmission, and actually racing. Much credits and time were saved, though me being nine or ten by the time I started learning all this, I still got my butt handed to plenty of times. I got even more bummed that none of the road cars could be race-modified. I got close to beating the game, and then got bored. Daiki Kasho's music is awesome, though. That I can't forget.

GT4: The one I spent most time with. I spent years playing this and Forza Motorsport 1, taking off as many assists as I could to maximize speed and profit. I still haven't beaten the game yet, but at least Daiki Kasho made some awesome (if very different to GT3's) music to keep my mind off of that.

GT5 Prologue: The only reason why I remember this title is because of Daiki Kasho's awesome music.

GT5: The first GT title I was majorly disappointed with altogether. Huge car list and only effectively using some 80 or so of that made me bummed, plus the level grinding wasn't much fun. The Seasonals used to provide some challenge, but even that wasn't enough to keep me around. 5OUL ON D!SPLAY isn't as good as Daiki's earlier stuff, but it's still awesome.

GT6: Rented because I knew the game wouldn't meet my "BUY IT" feelings on launch. I got far more than my money's worth, but I don't want to play it again. All My Life has been stuck in my head thanks to this game though.

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (when it came out)
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 6 (clearly highest amount of hours here)

GT1 - I got this when I was three years old, along with my PS1 :D. We didn't have any memory cards so I left the console on for a week. The next time I played it, I was convinced that I had damaged the game. Dad bought me GT2 because of this.

GT2 - This game kept me occupied for years, I honestly don't know how long I played it for. This is my favourite game in the series.

GT4 - I remember that I was shocked at how good the graphics were in this game :drool:. I remember just driving around, admiring the scenery. I loved how you could drive convertibles with the tops down. I'd love for that to return. The photomode/photo travel was pretty good, too.

GTPSP - This was the first GT game that I'd played (apart from the first one) that allowed you to do donuts. I spent a good few minutes just hooning around :lol:.

GT5 - This was when I decided that I would start driving more cleanly, with realistic tyres and no driver aids. Like GT4, I was amazed at the graphics and would sometimes drive around admiring the environments. I started using photomode/photo travel a lot more.

GT6 - This was the first game in my life that I'd pre-ordered, and my first steelbook. Sadly, the Apex game book was not given with the game, but I didn't really mind. Despite its flaws, I still enjoy playing it.

Edit: Forgot about GT3, I bought that sometime last year to complete the collection. I haven't played it much though.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot one more thing, I forgot GT PSP...:banghead:

I never played GT PSP until late 2012 when I tried it on my friends old PSP, then I bought it from him couple months later. I didn't really enjoyed it much as other GT games but still at least you could play it when you don't have you ps2 or ps3...back in 2009 at least.

Started with Gran Turismo 3, around when the PS2 slim was about to come out and best buy was selling PS2 accessories like it was nobody's buisness. I was 4 at the time (I'm pretty young). Me as a kid, I was a total brat. This game kind of....matured me. I never won. I never dominated. I never had lost so much in a game at the time, and with GT3 I actually had to learn to win, and that made me think less irrationally. I always drove the R34 GT500 at Trial Mountain, as it was the coolest car ever in arcade mode (along with my hero the C5R). Career mode always scared me, don't know why, maybe that I looked at cars that had Cr. -- and got intimidated. This is also where I forged my hate for the Tuscan Speed 6. HE WAS ALWAYS IN FIRST. WHY.

Then later I bought Gran Turismo 4, I have a veeeeery faint memory of that happening, part of me thinks I mistook it for another game. I grew up with this game. My knowledge of cars expanded through this game (Also how I got NFSU2 hoping it was Midnight Club 2). My knowledge of how to drive expanded as I matured, and learned how to properly take driving lines. I won my first "legit" race (by that I mean I hit no walls and overtook correctly) with a FGT in the tuner's championship at Tokyo. GT4 was THE best PS2 game I ever had. Sure I gave MC3, Burnout 3, NFSU2, and MX vs ATV equal playtime, but nothing beat GT4.

My cousin found out I binged GT, and gave me his copies of GT1 and GT2. I also got NFS 3 from him, and played that more. Now, I can't thank him enough for those games. those two games are time machines. Playing a game where in the RUF dealership the CTR2 was new, and the RGT wasn't even made yet. It just amazed me.

With GT5, I learned more advanced stuff. Drifting, manual shifting, racing with not a single assist (not even ABS!), and how to seriously tackle a track.

With GT6, I became more competitive started racing seriously, and ended up winning a lot! I believe I have maxed out my driving skill with this game, and it's always fun to have some random guy in a cruise lobby challenge you, and watch him run into walls constantly as you whiz by gracefully :lol:.

GT1 - Played a lot.
GT2 - Quite much.
GT3 - Didn't really like this one and I can count hours that I played this one with my fingers.
GT4 - My most played and the best GT.
GT5 - Really liked this one. Also got into hybriding which increased drastically interest on the game.
GT6 - Pretty much just for drifting purposes.

All of them in the order of their release in the UK.

GT1 - 2nd hand months after release.

GT2 - Day of release

GT3 - Day it came out I got it and a PS2 to play it on.

GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva - I bought it months after it came out.

GT4P - Day of release.

GT4 - Day of release.

GTHD Demo. Bought a PS3 the same day I heard this was available to download.

GT5P - Two days ahead of release day.

GTPSP - One day ahead of release day.

GT5 - One day ahead of release.

GT6 - Two days ahead of release on disc and bought the download version for an intended triple screen set up that didn't happen.

GT2 - Was my brother's birthday present; also opened the door for my love of cars.
GT3 - Some dude gave me the red cover version (the one marked "not for resale"). I just went why not?
GT4 - Got it for a Christmas present. Played it so hard that I ended up getting a replacement disc, followed by another one.
GT1 - Brother got the Japanese version just because.
GT5 - Got it at New Year's eve. Played it 'til the end of it's life.
GT6 - Obtained the day it came out. Played the crap out of it afterwards.

1. Gran Turismo
2. Gran Turismo Tokyo Geneva Concept
3. Gran Turismo 3
4. GT4: Prologue
5. Gran Turismo 4
6. GT5: Prologue
7. Gran Turismo 5
8. Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary

I was only a toddler from the first Gran Turismo to GT3, my dad bought all my games when he went out shopping so blame my dad for missing out on GT2 ;). After years of playing GT then I soon to realise that I was a fan of the series and so I bought every GT so far after.

gt2, gt3, gt4, gt5 prologue, gt5, gt1, gt6. still own 1, 2 and 6. Just got my ps4 a couple days ago; hopefully playing next installment in franchise sooner rather than later lol. May or may not be a day-one purchase.

Only gt6 was a day one purchase. (pre-ordered digital)

I started with GT5. My wife got a free PS3 with a phone contract - we had no games for it, then a friend brought round his copy of GT5. I was impressed so went out and bought a secondhand copy from Blockbuster. I enjoyed it, but found it virtually impossible to play with a hand controller so bought a DFGT wheel. I felt guilty about spending so much money on a game accessory (wheel) so tried to make my own stand out of a workmate work bench - many hours and much work later I realised it was hopeless so splashed more cash on a proper stand (Wheelstand Pro). The game was transformed and became so enjoyable with a wheel and proper stand that I became addicted - I daren't tell my wife and kids how much time I spent on GT5! Searching for yet more enjoyment in and immersion from the game I got into tactile transducers (to add rumble) and upgraded to a T500RS and TH8RS. I also bought all the DLC as it came out.

GT6 was an obvious pre-order, but I didn't play it or unwrap it at first, so it could be a Christmas gift from my kids. As the days went by, with no delivery, it became obvious that Amazon had lost my copy, but fortunately a fresh copy was delivered in time for Christmas. Much enjoyment was had over the Christmas holiday period taking turns to play the game with friends and relatives - a wheel opens up the experience to non-gamers who drive. Even my elderly mother-in-law had a blast driving a Red Bull round an oval track!

However, many of my real life work colleagues and friends have stopped playing the game having either moved on to games on the PS4 or having become disenchanted with the length and frequency of game updates or the lack of the course maker.

GT1: Played it in 2013 using a PSP. I was surprised at the start because I didn't know it doesn't have assists back then. Finished the game in 9 days.
GT2: My first GT game via DreamCast. At that time I only played Arcade mode. Then I was able to download it off the internet in order to play it on the PSP.
GT3: Only played it in my friend's house.
GT4: My second GT game. Sim Mode was long so I decided to trade for Burnout Revenge and NFS Carbon.
GT5: Bought it by 2013. Also I was able to finish A-Spec mode.
GT6: Bought it by early 2014.

Gran Turismo 2. I still remember why I got this game. I used to love Initial D, and wanted a game where I could drive the AE86. No regrets.

Gran Turismo 4. The big leap. I still remember watching a video of the 86 drifting on Trial Mountain, and thinking "IT'S SO REALISTIC". Definitely the best Gran Turismo for its time of the last three. I had recently got GT2 when GT4 was already out. I think GT5: Prologue got out by the time I got my hands on GT4.

Gran Turismo 5. Disappointment. A terrible game. No excuses. From requiring an Internet connection to actually be able to make money without having to grind for days to pay for a car, to small selection of tracks, lack of photomode locations, the paint chips, and more. The only positive aspects were the physics and the graphics. Other than that, it didn't hold a candle to GT4.

Gran Turismo 6. What GT5 should have been. In other words: another disappointment, as I wanted a Gran Turismo 6, not a Gran Turismo 5-2. Gone were the used car lots, for the good IMO. Paint system re-engineered. But still, too few photomode locations. A ridiculously annoying and complex photomode system (like GT5's) when compared to GT4's. When games like Skyrim or Fallout pull off better "photomode" unintentionally than Gran Turismo's with their Free Camera console command... people should be worried. A lot. A lot of promises made by PD, one of which is seen as the feature to end all features: Course Making. Gran Turismo 6 was released over a year and a half ago. And the Course Making feature, I'm guessing, will not have been worth the wait. I'd rather have them just give me what I've always wanted: the possibility to make my own races with the cars I want.

Like I said, GT4 was the best of the last three. There aren't as many "did poorly" as "didn't do", which is better than the "did a lot, but did it all wrong" present in the latter games.

Last edited:
GT4: GT4 was the first GT game I played, and also the first racing game I ever played. I was a kid when I got it (in 2005). Spent most of my time in arcade mode. Revisited GT4 in 2012 go complete more events in career mode.

GT3
: I got GT3:A-Spec in 2008. Almost completed all of career mode. Not as fun as GT4, but still a good game.

GT5 Prologue
: GT5 Prologue was one of my Christmas gifts from 2009. Didn't take me long to beat the game.

GT5: Got this one as a Thanksgiving gift, and that was the day after it came out (2010). I have spent more hours playing GT5 than any other racing game. In my opinion, GT5 is the best game I have played in the GT series. I still play this game on occasion.

GT6: I obtained GT6 on the first day it came out (2013). I spent that entire day playing GT6. Completed all of the career mode only in a few weeks. It was a fun game, but not as fun as GT5. Unfortunately, I can't play GT6 at the moment because update 1.19 can not download.

1. Gran Turismo 1 Demo on Volume 7 disc (2003)
  2. Gran Turismo 3 (2009)
  3. Gran Turismo 4 (2011)
  4. Gran Turismo 2 (2012)
  5. Gran Turismo 5 (2012) Black Friday :D
  6. Gran Turismo 6 (2013)
  7. Gran Turismo 1 (2015)

Last edited:
It all started in 2006 with GT4 which came with my PS2. To this day remains my favourite. :bowdown:
Then in 2011 I got hold of a PS3 and got GT5 with it. I enjoyed it quite a lot but then I started looking into GT's history more. I first played the good old GT2 and later tried my hand at GT1. In 2013 I got GT6 as a present but sadly I never got into it as much as with 4 or 5. :indiff:

As of now I've yet to play GT3 and all the concepts and prologues.

The order:

GT4
GT5
GT2
GT1
GT6

GT1 around 1998/99, when I got my PS1 ,then GT2 ,GT3 ,Gt4 , all when released.I remember I've tried TT but never play it much at the time. Now I wish I would :D Also , I've never tried "prologue" or "PSP edition". Skipped GT5 ,cause I've switched to X360 around 2006 and had fun with FM2-4.Got bored of FM... so I've got me a PS3 a month before GT6 came out and cheap GT5AcademyEdition and finished it in that month prior GT6 release.Full circle:D

Since that, I'm all GT6 , waiting for #7.

1. Gran Turismo (July 1998 bought new in Saudi Arabia by my hubbies dad (we were both 12 at the time) visited him, when he worked out there for BAE and we still have the copy some were. We both had no idea what the game was like, nor had we heard of it at the time and hat to wait a full month before we could play it and find out, as we had no PlayStation)

2. Gran Turismo 2 (Got it the day it came out from Our Price)

3. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (Came with my PS2 in Sept 2001)
4. Gran Turismo Concept: 2001 Tokyo
5. Gran Turismo 4

Then stopped playing console games and moved on to PC sim racing in 2005 until March 2013, were i bought my first PS3)

8. Gran Turismo 5(second hand from cash gen)
9. Gran Turismo 6 (day it came out)

Pretty much all of them in order from the week or release, except GT which was months after release, GT PSP which I bought and never played, I've got a Japanese release of Concept 2001 Tokyo which I've never played because I don't have an NTSC PS2.

GT1 1998 Dad teaching me how to play
GT2 1999 still learning
GT3 2001 got so hyped i got addicted to it so badly after seeing the graphics and getting better and having fun in LAN
GT4 2005 nearly all my friends from school played this online when the open online was out
GT5 2010 jaw dropped got addicted to it for a few months then took a break from it then came back to it
GT6 2013. Played it early hours in the morning then got board and was out all night for about 15 hours.
GT7 2017 playing it all night
GT8 2019 probably teaching my kid how to play (dont know?)
GT9 2021 same as the last one
GT10 2023 same as the other one

so yep that's my history

When I was around 10 I played gt2 at my uncle's house, and then asked my mom to get it for me. fell in love with the oreca viper , and the skylines on there. I would sit there and read the car info and history on each one, and that was the nail in the coffin for my car interests. I became obsessed with jdm, and american super cars after that. I still find kei cars awkward. GT2 was my favourite though, the license tests were very challenging, and I had no knowledge at all of physics or anything at the time, but I did enjoy playing a lot and when friends came over that were used to arcade racers. I was already at a huge advantage.

Edit: I got a bit carried away on 2.

I played 3 after it came out, and picked the pt cruiser as a joke. but ended up winning quite a bit somehow >.>.

Had 4 then had a small barrier due to having a ps2 and not a ps3.

didn't get a ps3 until about 4 years ago, then picked up 5 asap, then got 6 when it came out.

I love the GT series. No matter what's wrong with them, it was a big part of my childhood and I'll always like the game, just as much as the nfs series. 1-3 and high stakes.

Last edited:
Back