Which Gran Turismo did you play in Order?

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 47 comments
all of them. My first gt experience was probably GT1. I would sit on the floor with a pad and race with my Dodge viper fully tuned. Doing the same event over and over to gain 100.00cr so I could tune it even more :D

Then I moved on to the different licenses where some of them would take long nights to complete (as a young child was playing this game with my father and trying to get gold in the licenses). I remember doing an oval ish track in the wets with a fr car 600bhp. This was probably my first experience with obsession about improving in GT

My GT order is a bit jumbled at the start:

1. Gran Turismo 1 demo
  2. GT Concept 2002: Tokyo to Geneva
  3. Gran Turismo 4
  4. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
  5. Gran Turismo HD Concept
  6. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
  7. Gran Turismo PSP
  8. Gran Turismo 5
  9. Gran Turismo 6

Last edited:
1. GT1 demo
2. GT1
3. GT2
4. GT3
5. GT4
6. GT HD Concept
7. GT5P
8. GT5
9. GTPSP
10. GT6

Games I have yet to play:

1. Gran Turismo Concept 2001 Tokyo
2. Gran Turismo Concept 2001 Tokyo-Seoul
3. Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva
4. Gran Turismo 4 Prologue
5. Gran Turismo 4 Online test version
6. Gran Turismo 2000 (EXTREMELY unlikely I'll get my mitts on this, since only 50 copies exist)

GT1 - traded some games with a friend, GT was one of them. Pretty much the only game I ended up playing, so I bought my own copy after trading back. This was in 2002 I believe.

GT2 - don't remember exactly when I picked this one up, but it was a few months after release. This was my go to game in high school. Racked up crazy amount of hours playing this one.

GT3 - again picked this one up shortly after release. Lots of hours here too.

GT4 - had to buy a slim ps2 at university to play this one. Didn't play nearly as much as the others, as I was busy being a drubken college student :lol:

GT5P - bought a PS3 just to get this title. Sunk more hours into Prolog than most full games.

GT5 - bought near release. Played offline for the first couple months, and honestly hated it. Utter disappointment. Put it aside for 6 months, then finally got an Internet connection for my PS3 so I could update. Found the game much better, and also started playing online...from which there has been no turning back. Played GT5 online 4-5 days a week at least from about when 2.0 came out until GT6

GT6 - only GT I've ever bought at release (weird right?), but that was mostly to stay current with the online community. I now play GT6 online at least a couple days a week....but a lot of that time is spent staring at open lobby screens trying to find something to do.

Last edited:
GT3: 2002(?)
GT4: 2005-2008
GT5: 2010-2012
GT6: 2013-Present.

Never played the others, and only ever discovered how to actually play the game properly last year.

GT1 back in '97(Japanese imported PS1 with Gran Turismo. Thanks to Mr Lee from Fordham Road in The Bronx) :D

GT2 USA version

GT3 Japanese version(on chipped PS2)

GT3 USA version

GT Concept Tokyo version(on chipped PS2)- I loved driving the Honda Integra Touring Car

GT4 Japanese version

GT4 USA version

GT5 Prologue

GT5

GT PSP

GT6

GT1 -
Had a PS1 and a few games (F1, Tomb Raider, WipEout sort of stuff) but GT had been teased with Playstation magazine demo discs. The game did not disappoint. looked so much better than anything else and it felt quite good to drive compared to others of the era. (Motorhead was good game , but much more arcade)

GT2 -
so much more content, but the PS1's hardware limited the graphics.

GT3 - never played-

GT4-
Adverts on the TV - bought a PS2 GT4 bundle. Very excellent game

GT5
Bought a PS3 GT5 bundle
Enjoyed it even more once I managed to connect it to the interweb! (50 foot of wireless cable please!) Discovered that ABS=0 was a tiny minority.

GT6
Bought it when it came out but didn't get the anniversary version because I never saw it on the shelves. I really enjoy the game the down side is the internet and the negative comments but you get that sort of guff all the way through the aether. But there are lots of positive folk that post solutions and helpful stuff for the game.

I have played near all games in GT series:
1. GT: 1998 (Dad bought me the first version of PS and GT together, I was 9 year old.)
2. GT2: 1999
3. GT3 A-Spec: 2001
4. GT Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva: 2002
5. GT4P: 2004
6. GT4: 2005
7. GT5P: 2008
8. GT5: 2010
9. GT6: 2013

Last edited:
First i played gran turismo 3 at about the age of 5, but don't remember much because it was a long time ago.

Then i played gran turismo 4 with my dad at about the 7-10

Then i played gran turismo 5 prologue till about 50%

And now i have bee playing Gran turismo 6 ever since it came out and have 100% of the game complete.

My "story" is similar to a few others' here: (unnecessary detail wrapped in spoiler tags.)

GT1 - sometime early in 1999 when my Dad brought a second hand PS1 home with games.
We'd had a PS1 to play with when they first released for a short time, but only games like Crash Bandicoot etc. Used to get up extra early to do a few races (or missions in Driver etc.) before catching the bus to school. Felt a sense of accomplishment in completing the endurance races, probably helped by the "easy physics" (compared to the kinds of game long races were found in on PC, say). The tuning / customisation / ownership aspect was a revelation to me, and the source of much jealousy as a PC gamer before getting a Playstation.

GT2 - I borrowed from a friend when it came out, then bought it for myself somehow a few weeks later.
It was here that my friend encouraged me to use the sticks instead of the face buttons on the venerable Dual Shock controller, and that I finally got to grips with said Dual Shock to be competent with manual gears in the game (was used to wheels and such on PC). Dabbled with the "professional" stuff, like realistic tyres, mostly did free runs with tuned cars.

GT3 - I got with a PS2 as a family Christmas present shortly after release, only I really played it, though.
Continued the "tradition" of split-screen races between two very close cars with friends: we'd agree limits / theme etc. at school, go home and tune to spec, then race them later in the week. Also drifting; lots of (terrible) drifting.

GT Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva - I rented and completed within a weekend.
Loved the new cars and the reworked Midfield (which didn't carry over, for some reason) - effectively my first taste of the DLC-like temptation.

GT4 Prologue - my first pre-order!
Played the absolute hell out of it, obsessed over every detail in the making of DVD and weirded out over VBH being in the game... The play style was more light-hearted and beginner-friendly. I loved the physics, and really got into the "slower" cars and realistic tyres as a result - all hints that GT was coming of age. Also, Citta di Aria.

GT4 - came out whilst I was away from home, so I didn't get to play it much 'til the summer.
Sadly, a bug ruined split-screen racing, something to do with tyre selection not being equal between cars, but the purchase of PS2-compatible wheels made some consolation (the first game it was worth doing for, in my opinion). I had plenty of time to play the game, despite being physically separated from it most of the time, simply because of how long GT5 took! Preferred the special conditions races to the endurance hall, the tide having turned on my free time.

Tourist Trophy - snuck up on me somehow, never knew it was coming until a few months after it was here!
I'd long loved bikes (biker family), played several bike games, and the GT approach of model diversity was refreshing outside of a few manufacturer-specific titles. Experimental gameplay and racing gear debuts...

GT5 Prologue - came out long before I got a PS3, but I had the game to play on a friend's console for a while.
When I got a PS3, and hooked up my G25 to it, away I went, playing the hell out of it, racing online with no aids (inc. ABS off) and having an absolute blast. The combination of H-pattern, realistic tyres, no ABS and improved physics really was a step up for the series. At last a GT game with decent racing!

GT5 - I got the day it released.
However, the social side had dwindled for me, my friends having moved on to more "grown up" things. Step in online, and shuffle races: no ABS, H-pattern goodness that lasted a good while. Course maker was a fun distraction, too. My first taste of hybriding in the series, I enjoyed making "replicas" and twiddling bits.

GT6 - I got a couple of days after release.
Not played as much as other games in the series, possibly because of the removal of shuffle races and the as-yet absent course maker, but AES keeps bringing me back. If I can get back into hybriding (including AES mods), and the course maker arrives, this'll do me until GT7 arrives just fine - I was donated a PS4, so I'm ready enough!

2005: GT4 - A wonderful game which took hours of my life :D

2010: GT5 - A friend and I bought it some days after release and had tons of fun in splitscreen mode. I also loved building up my garage, which currently has about 1200 cars.

2013: GT6 - Still a great game with many awesome feautres, but: less photomode locations and no 'Gran Turismo-feel' to it.

2014: GT1 - Bought it for a few euros. Awesome game!

GT2, GT3, GT4, GT5P, GT5, GT6 and recently.... GT4 Prologue (found it in a charity shop.. :D)

I have played GT1 at a friends house on one occasion, but I have never owned it before. Some day, I plan to play the game that started it all....

Gran Turismo 1 Demo - Maybe in 1999.
Gran Turismo 1 Platinum Edition - Maybe in 1999.
Gran Turismo 2 - Can't remember when, maybe 2000 or 2001 or 2002 or after even that :lol:.
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - Maybe 2005.
Gran Turismo 4 - 2005, maybe on launch day.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Maybe 2008.
Gran Turismo (PSP) - 2009.
Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition - 2010, launch day.
Gran Turismo 6 15th Anniversary Edition - 2013, launch day.

GT1 and GT2 I rented back when they were new (I owned an N64, but back then you could rent a console from the video shop, so I used to rent a ps1 just for gt games lol). Then borrowed GT3 off a friend when I bought my ps2, and that was the first GT game I ever finished. Then got GT4 when it came out, was the first GT game I was actually hyped for, and the first I bought. Spent way too much time on that game hot lapping the Nordschleife back when I didn't have so many damn responsibilities lol. Then pre-ordered GT5, finished that, pre- ordered GT6, and 100% that in almost no time at all.

For me, when considering each game in the context of when they were released, the order of my personal preference goes GT4 > GT2 > GT3 > GT1 > GT5 > GT6.

Gran Turismo 3 - I loaned my copy of Silent Hill 2 to a friend, and he loaned me GT3. Sadly, he hardly played SH2. But I got plenty out of GT3, even if I completely sucked at it.

Gran Turismo 4 - A few years later, and I find myself in posession of my very own copy of GT4. And this game completely blew me away on so many levels... the gorgeous graphics, the insane amount of content, all the great features like photo mode. My enjoyment of GT reached obsession levels with this title, and slowly through sheer determination, I start to suck less.

GTHD - Cue the next-gen consoles, and I found myself begging for a PS3... with GT no doubt being a significant factor in my choice of hardware. In the early days of PS3 ownership, there wasn't much to play except for Oblivion... and, of course, GTHD.

GT2 - During the wait for a more substantial next-gen release, I decide to start looking for copies of the older GT games. The first one I found was GT2. Didn't play it a whole lot at the time, but I did love that sweet opening video.

Tourist Trophy - While technically not a GT game, it's great nonetheless. Although due to how acquiring new bikes works in it, I found myself struggling to make significant progress. Like GT4, eventually I started to get a little better and was able to make a little progress. But after a long break from it, I found that what little skill I acquired had completely vanished and I was too discouraged to try and regain it. I guess it's not like riding a bike after all, eh? :lol:

GT5 Prologue - Finally, a (slightly) more meaty next-gen release! There's not much to say about this one, other than I was completely in love with the cockpit view, and that I now know Suzuka like the back of my hand thanks to it.

GT PSP - Two months of boot camp wasn't bad. Learning that GT5 was delayed afterwards... now that was rough. But I now had a source of income, so I decided to pick up a PSP Go and GT PSP. I didn't really love it, but I played it off and on... and still do to this day, although now I'm playing it on a Vita.

GT1 - A little later, I decided to order the very first GT on Amazon since I had yet to nab a copy of it. Didn't really play it much though... not as much as I played the demo of it on the Pizza Hut demo disc many years ago.

GT5 - Eventually the fabled GT5 came out, and... I liked it, I guess? Didn't obsess over it to nearly the same degree I did with GT4 (or even GT5P), but I appreciated the dynamic weather and time of day. I decided early that the disappointingly small A-spec wasn't worth it, so I found myself mainly just working my way through the special events... some of which were great, some of which were meh.

GT Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva/GT4 Prologue - A little over a year later, and I find myself stationed in Japan. And in Akihabara, I find these two selling for 400 yen each. I'd be a fool not to purchase them. I also bought a Japanese PS2, but sadly I haven't yet gotten around to trying them out yet.

GT6 - GT6 was announced and surprisingly released when it was supposed to, and it was mostly what GT5 should've been. Unfortunately, thanks to being busy with work, I haven't played this one as much as I would like. The A-spec mode is still small, but the star progression system is worlds better than the grindy leveling system of GT5. Though I do plan on getting back into it here soon while we wait on the eventual GT7.

1) GT1 - owen
2) GT3 & GTC - owen
3) GT2 - owen
4) GT4P - owen
5) GT4 - owen
6) GT5P - owen
7) GT5 - owen
8) GT6 - owen

Latest Posts

Back