Which is the best GT so far? Time to make a poll. --- GT4 still in the lead.

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 484 comments

Which Gran Turismo is the best (considering its launch date)?

• Gran Turismo (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 2 (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo (PSP)

• Gran Turismo 7 (PS4)

• Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gran Turismo 4 is the one that got me into the GT series... And taught me how to properly drive cars around a track. I have 3 copies of it, 2 got badly scratched in an old PS2 :indiff: and the new PS2 I had bought stopped being able to read the 3rd disc after a year or so for some reason. :( I searched the net and found the cause of that was the fact that GT4 was made on a dual-layered disc, and well-used PS2's couldn't be able to run it properly. :banghead:

Still, it is my favorite in the series despite the fact I can't play it anymore.

How is disagreeing with an opinion and giving points to my opinion being a "crybaby"?

You make it sound easy. I've been trying a tone of Groups and Championships since the GT5 days and only 1 was a success but it eventually started dieing during its second run due to timezone issues so I haven't been bothered making a 3rd run.
Most of the people in my room on any given night are 'PSN Friends'. They only get friended if I know they are clean racers, and they are online racing a lot.

Sorry if I made it sound easy, It was not. I worked hard to build my friends list, and I still work at it. I still have to delete old friend to add new ones.

I don't know what kind of racing you like, but I would be willing to bet you could find a group on this website that likes the same thing.

Hell, if you like racing soft tires and srf, on 425pp cars come check out my room. :lol:

Honestly, I think gran turismo 4 prologue edition is the best GT game. Its not listed as a option, but it had the perfect mix of cars and events

Of all the GT games GT3 impressed me the most. The lighting was spectacular, and events and career is entertaining, and the game feels very focused compared to the latter games. And also those F1 replicas are a huge bonus towards that game.

I think 1-4 are all excellent, though I mostly played GT1 and GT3 for some reason, so I voted for those. I actually really got into GT5's career mode, but never completed the endurance races (24 hours is too long) or the B-spec mode (tedious and annoying).

The thing I like about the older GTs is that realism aside, it's really fun to buy a car, win a few races, upgrade the car, win more races, buy or win a faster car, etc. For me, GT5 and GT6 never really captured that same magic.

Well, if we talk about Arcade mode, GT4 is hands down by far the best!

You had the possibility to have EVERY car + your Career cars. That was the most amazing thing. I could test every stock car and compare them perfectly. Moreover those arcade races were so much fun. If you made the difficulty Level to 10 you raced with your Honda NSX-R against Pagani Zondas and the VW W12 Nardo. Great challenges!

Another great thing was the Top Speed test (and than posting the results to the 300+mph club here) and the Las Vegas DRag Strip for proper 1/4 mile times!

Also the Careermode of GT4 was tremendous and huge. Grinding the small cup races to buy myself a Amuse Carbon, Falken Skyline and a DTM car and than grinding the DTM races to own all the other mindblowing cars.
Seeing now my lovely Amuse Carbon and the Falken Skyline in GT6 in such poor conditions is heartbreaking!

Surprised 6 is in 2nd, given all the issues.

GT4 was the best for me, introduced me to the DFP wheel, and it really didn't have any glaring issues playability-wise. The menu-layout was new and different, and kinda refreshing from 1-3, and the visuals were great for the era.

After that, the series never hit the same 'spark' for me again.

GT4 & GT5 were very good I think. But the most fun I had was with GT2 on the PSOne. Grinding till all hours of the night getting the settings tweaked to almost perfection, and then taking my memory card to my bro's house to have a good old competitive race trying to out do each other while getting fastest lap times. I just hope that GT7 will be as good as all of the GT Series combined with a return of some great tracks such as Seattle and Seattle Short, Grindlewald, Red Rock Raceway, Complex String and many others. I miss El Capitan also but hey... such is the power of nostalgia.

GT1-2 were the best for "their time", easily. GT3-4 are both very good as well.
I'd go GT2,GT4,GT3,GT1,GT6,GT5,GTP

Totally agree. In fact, GT1 and 2 were almost ahead of their time to me!

Agreed. That's why I chose those two, they were excellent for their time and still hold up well today especially in terms of AI where rather shockingly they're actually still some of the best.

GT2 - Best Racing Simulator for PS1, seriously, it was even comparable with PC Racing Simulators of that time.
GT4 - My best moments on PS2 was with GT4, brings so many memories.
GT6 - Not the best, but i admit this game was a bit addicting.

At GT6's release date, I would have voted it to be the best GT so far. But now, I'm divided towards GT2 and GT4. Both games had huge amounts of content, and the thing that really won me over in 2 was the Racing Modification upgrades. In 4, it was the massive amount of cars that you could drive.

And I'm not really a fan of restarting games whenever your save data gets deleted or corrupted or if you want to switch to a different system, because you have to do all those things again. But both GT2 and GT4 are exceptions to that. ESPECIALLY GT2, since I clearly remember I restarted my save TWICE, making for a total of 3 prolonged Career Mode saves that all started from scratch. Because that's just how good the game is. No matter what I do in those games, I just couldn't get enough of them. It's crazy. :crazy:

I'm curious to know why GT7 is on this Poll now, yet it isn't even out now...
I agree, but it probably will be the best GT so far in terms of AI, Physics, and graphics... assuming of course that they are putting that new processing power to good use. :P

GT7 = For those who are putting all of their hopes in the upcoming sequel... At least we have already one believer. :D

GT4 was the best for me. Nurburgring, getting to grips with Photomode on there, the interface and everything.
Closely followed by GT2 because of that awesome Pit Stop Disk!

GT4 because offline were more enjoayble. Yes AI was on rails but I prefer AI on rails compared to slow AI that let the player win easily. Also the Atmosphere the interface great game.
GT6 is not bad, I can't complain for the lack of tracks and cars there are enough to keep me busy, online is what I bought GT6 for, the worse part of this game is AI.

I felt that Gran Turismo 2 was the best one of the series (to date). It felt truest to the series. It is not perfect by any means (particularly physics) compared to Gt6, but it has essence. My bias may stem from my distaste of the Vision aspect as I feel it is given more focus than the game itself. Now, Gt6 feels like a World of Tomorrow exhibit. I like real production cars (especially JDM 90's).

Back