Which psp for gt?

• Thread starter b_schwarz
  • 38 comments
On the subject of CFW piracy, I always take the moral high ground...but if my internet and computer weren't so slow I'd be right there in an instant. :D

Not on modified, unsupported hardware it isn't.
According to the same law that technically also says that if you own a Linux computer you aren't allowed to watch movies on it.

Fact is, anybody with a modded PSP plays illegal downloads.
I don't. In fact, unless I am unable to do so, I even rip the Sega CD games I play on the system myself when I could easily just download them.

Last edited:
Not on modified, unsupported hardware it isn't.

Actually, yes it is. It is called Fair Use. If you can make your toaster play PSP games you can use it. This is part of the reason you can watch DVDs on your computer. (Same reason it's completely legal for me to make a copy of a song I got off Amazon on a CD so I can play it in my car, but it's illegal for me to give that CD to someone else and keep the original.)

Fact is, anybody with a modded PSP plays illegal downloads. Saying you don't is like walking down to the local games store to get a game. You pick up the game and then as you ready your wallet to hand over the cash, you are asked if you want it for free. You say no, I'd rather pay for it. Riiiiight, sure you would!

All generalizations are false in at least a few cases. Your comparison is also invalid, more like the clerk says, "You could steal that game you're looking at for free and risk getting fined/arrested/penalized in some manner or you can pay for it." Though I will give you that the majority of people probably do figuratively grab the game and run, saying all makes your statement plainly false.

No offense meant, but remember in grade school how you did true/false questions? Remember how one word can make it false, but all of them have to be true for it to be true? Exactly. :D

/derail

So the current answer seems to be, whatever PSP you have laying around but if you have the money get the 3000 or the Go.

Actually, yes it is. It is called Fair Use. If you can make your toaster play PSP games you can use it.

Thats Right.

All Ive done is void my warrenty ;)

However: I can Downgrade my firmware back to 371 then upgrade her each OFW at a time, and I dont even think Sony could tell I hacked my PSP.

The PSP 1000 feels a bit on the chubby side and the PSP Go is too small for my fingers on the L and R buttons. I have a PSP 3000 which I like the most :)

I got the 3000 a week before the game came out, now there a GT Bundle, Silver PSP, the game, big memory stick (not sure how big, 2GB?) and something else to. oh well.

Back