Which Race-type in GT5 do you hate the most?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxitsu
  • 64 comments
  • 5,280 views

Which Race-type in GT5 do you hate the most?

  • License Tests / Driving Missions

    Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Drift Races

    Votes: 62 53.4%
  • Nasscar / Oval racing

    Votes: 28 24.1%
  • WRC / Rally

    Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Road Circuit Racing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Openwheel Races (F1, GP2, IRL, indy, F3000,Frenault)

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Others (?)

    Votes: 7 6.0%

  • Total voters
    116
Never played NASCAR so dunno about that, but I'm not a huge fan of drifting. Never was any good at it.
 
A negative thread before we have even tried the game??

I will just be glad to get the game in my hands and be thankfull for every little bit of it!


well...i actually made the question wrong. it should be better. Like: "what race/drive type do you dislike the most or does't have your intrest?"
 
well...i actually made the question wrong. it should be better. Like: "what race/drive type do you dislike the most or does't have your intrest?"

To be honest I can only tell you the bit I am least looking forwards to and thats Drifting. I have never liked it in any games.

I have a wheel now though so I might start to get the hang of it and love it.

I know I am going to struggle with Endurance too, but thats just down to the fact I have two kids and I struggle to get enough time.
 
Drifting is the worst, of course. What a colossal waste of time and tires plus the association with "Fast 'n Furious" lowlife types. Accelerated tire wear is not something I would aspire to if I'm looking to complete a race.

Bleh. :yuck:
 
I voted "others (?)" because I have a fear of the unknown! :nervous:
 
I notice a lot of people hate drifting because it's not racing or has nothing to do with racing to looks stupid, etc. Has anyone here ever just wanted to have fun? Without all the record breaking lap times and the perfect laps? Just get a little loose and take away a lot of the competitiveness and have some fun

I imagine a lot of you guys are the ones who have never started a practice session or stopped in a race to do burnouts or donuts just for the heck of it :/
 
I agree, drifting is fun. It's about all I do on GTPSP. :p
 
It's hard to say seeing as though the game isn't out yet. But i would say drifting, not because i dislike it, but because i like it the least out of them all.
 
Well, out of the things that are on the poll. There isn't one thing I hate the most. I like all of them, some more than others. Since GT5 isn't out yet, it's hard to say what each will be like.
 
City races with 800hp and 2000kg cars... I hate those city races so much, in forza also this new york course bah...

I only like monaco, that´s a good one... London in GT5P also sucks, never played it, only in career mode when it´s a must...
 
I hate drift.
I dont really like Oval nascar race, but..It's another spirit race and tactic feeling, so i will love discover them more, in GT5. But not fan.
 
"Drift Races" is a controversial option, since many doesn't consider Drifting as racing, myself included.

But I wouldn't like drifting as a serious gameplay mode, because I'm not really good at it to be honest and because I don't think that it's motorsport, just fun.
 
lol since when has drifting become a race type? There's no racing involved at all. It's just for show and for some and also stated by Keiichi it's the most exciting way around a corner.
 
I don´t exactly hate it, but drifting is just boring IMO. For me, the most exciting way around a corner is with as much grip as possible, right on the limit. To get that perfectly is way more fun than doing it sideways.
 
Driving tests :yuck:

Those things really wind me up. They are meant to be there to teach you racing lines/techniques, but tbh they are just a bore and get in the way of the racing :sick:
 
Drifting I just can't do it i mean any game apart from exceptions such as freestyle drift on grid (because I find a square and drift round it) but its to do with my set-up preference I like a car with loads of front grip but the rear has to stick and not slide.
 
Don't really know, since the game is not out yet, and information hasn't been revealed about the types of racing in GT5.

But if I had to choose- I can't say drifting- mainly because in my eyes, a race is where 2 or more objects race to get to the finish line, and the main goal is to cross it first.

Ity would have to be those races where it's a one-lap overtake. Much like the Ferrari F40 '92 around Suzuka in 1 lap overtaking 15 opponents. It's just not racing.
 
Don't really know, since the game is not out yet, and information hasn't been revealed about the types of racing in GT5.

But if I had to choose- I can't say drifting- mainly because in my eyes, a race is where 2 or more objects race to get to the finish line, and the main goal is to cross it first.

Ity would have to be those races where it's a one-lap overtake. Much like the Ferrari F40 '92 around Suzuka in 1 lap overtaking 15 opponents. It's just not racing.

Those missions sent me spare on gt4.
 
I dont like drifting myself, sideways is not fast. My personal biggest hate though is nascar, round and round in a circle for hundreds of laps for hours on end is really not my idea of fun at all.

I might try it a couple of times just to see what its like in gt5 but im 95% certain i'll never go back to it again.
 
I've never heard of drift racing:confused:

oval racing gets my vote.
 
the type of race Im not bothered with is the one were Im miles ahead of everyone else.
Really boring IMHO.
 
I dislike drifters in my online race.

Put aside your 'hate'; Peace!
 
I want everyting that's in the game. No type of motorsport is boring if you do it right, well in video games atleast.
 
I voted, but its less a case of 'what racing type to I hate most' and more of a case of 'what type of racing do you enjoy least'.
 
Why does the pole say NASCAR/ oval racing? NASCAR doesn't do JUST ovals, they do road courses as well.
 
Drift most likely because I suck at it.
 
I hate all types of races, anything really, just want to finish them quickly to reach 100% and start to fully concentrate on lapping the Nürburgring using a Daihatsu Midget aimlessly for 3 to 4 years every single day............

Seriously, how can we judge anything that isn't even announced yet, let alone being played?
I'm not a big fan of real life NASCAR ( tried to get into it, got bored and zapped away to watch the home shopping channel instead ) although I reserve my judgement for NASCAR in GT5 until I've tried it as it may well be very exciting to drive those archaïc monsters even along oval tracks ( it sure looked nice in those GT5 trailers ).

The same goes for anything possibly included which nobody here can claim to have experienced so far although drifting in Prologue wasn't my cup of tea either but it had more to do with my inability I guess to properly control my car when going sideways than it being boring or me disliking the discipline.

Just keep an open mind, I hate war and violence in real life, although I really like to shoot people to smithereens when playing an FPS.
Maybe a harsh example, but a game can either make things you don't like IRL interesting or fun or make those real life events more interesting and fun to watch in return ( not wars obviously ).:)
 
Back