Which ship would you rather traverse the galaxy?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 63 comments

Which ship would you choose and why/why not

• Milano: Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Millenium Falcon

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • The Phoenix: Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Nell: Battle Beyond the Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagle5: Spaceballs

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Jupiter II: Lost in Space

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
Me and my wife were watching Guardians of the Galaxy. I asked which ship would she rather have between the Falcon and the Milano? She answers: The Milano. Reason being, "The Falcon becomes useless because of Batman taking out the hyperdrive. That's the Falcons Achilles heel."

So begins this thread.

None of the above. Enterprise 1701-D, with the content restrictions (if any) removed on the holodeck :)

:lol: If big ships are allowed then this is my choice as well. Although I watched enough TNG to know better than to be tempted by the holodeck... those things will kill you.

I would probably choose some villain's ship, as they were usually awesome in their own right. Like a Borg Cube or Imperial Cruiser.

I picked the Falcon despite it's flaws (although I'm a huge SW fan), but I would rather have Jango/Boba's Slave 1 if I had a small crew of about 2-3 people. But if I was on my own, i would have the ETA-2 Actis-light speeder. It's the Jedi Starfighter that was used towards the end of the Clone Wars. It isn't entirely practical, as I need a hyperspace ring to go anywhere far off planet. It's still my favorite starship.

EDIT: I hope the game No Man's Sky will be good, because it sounds like the perfect game.

None of the above. Enterprise 1701-D, with the content restrictions (if any) removed on the holodeck :)
Enterprise-E would be my pick of the lot...right now anyway.

Haven't seen Guardians yet, sadly, but the Milano looks awesome. The Falcon is cool and all, but it's still a modified freighter, so it ends up relating to a big rig that's been hopped up but doesn't look it. Even not knowing it's workings then, I'd hop on the Milano.

That said, my personal pick...well you've got ZZ Top's Afterburner, and the spaceship from the Burger Man video, then there's capital ships and shuttles from any series in film/tv and gaming, but I have to pick one....and I can't have Afterburner...I'd take Mass Effect's Normandy, preferably the Cerberus SR2 one.

......Now, WHY would I travel to outer space when "the space is a disease".....????

..............:mischievous:

Starbug from Red Dwarf

The amount of times they crashed that and it's still working fine, Makes it clearly the best option haha

latest

Heart of Gold for the Improbability Drive.

Failing that, Legions' (Red Dwarf) Space Station.

Last edited:
Millenium Falcon 'cos it's the only one where you don't have to explain which film it was in....

Actually I'd want a Klingon Bird of Prey.

Me, I'd want The Sulaco but I'd settle for the Galactica though from the remake - because...REASONS!

You really need a 'none of the above' option for that poll.

Why aren't there any Star Trek choices in that poll? :odd:

The Enterprise, any one will do (preferably the ones you don't need to share a bunk!).

Seriosuly though where is the enterprise on this poll

That's a really big ship. It requires a crew the size of a town to run it. Ships from the choices above require a bare minimum crew. Something like the Nostromo, all though a small crew is needed to operate it, is pretty much a dump truck.

Indeed. In order to traverse the galaxy aboard Serenity, I just need a galactic war veteran, a nerd to be my pilot, a man-child mercenary, a preacher with nothing better to do, a twelve year-old mechanic, a world-class neurosurgeon, a prostitute and an insane psychic assassin.

This is an awesome topic. 👍

Let's see. The YT-1300A class Millennium Falcon gets a vote for the thing's sheer personality. Have you guys read the book of the same name? Interesting stuff. It's a hot-rodded freighter with a cruiser hyperdrive, a main computer that's completely psychotic, and there was a goof on the production line that guarantees that the ship does not play well with others, and sometimes forgets just what it's supposed to be doing. It's been abused, but it's the fastest pile of junk for a reason. It's got the build quality of a Triumph and has been beaten repeatedly by a spanner wielding eight foot tall walking carpet. What's not to like?

Milano's got a tape deck. Hard to find a ship with that option list. :lol:

But the vote for me is the XGP-15A2 Outlaw Star. Because it can arm wrestle and hulk smash spacefaring vessels while going outrageously fast. Reasons.

That's a really big ship. It requires a crew the size of a town to run it. Ships from the choices above require a bare minimum crew. Something like the Nostromo, all though a small crew is needed to operate it, is pretty much a dump truck.
I just so happen to have such a crew. I really like the idea of travelling with what is essentially a complete town with all facilities.

Not to mention, if it wasn't for all the people on board, I'm sure we wouldn't have needed nearly as big a crew just to move it around.

Well from Babylon 5, my favourite series from that era, I'd choose either a interstellar alliance White Star. Or for something a little larger the Earth/Minbari Victory class destroyer, the Excalibur.

Some pictures for you "youngsters" out there for who B5 might have passed by. ;)

A White Star...
whitestar1.jpg

Small, agile, well armed and a nice shade of blue.

The Excalibur...
excalibur 2.jpg

It had this huge gun that could destroy almost anything. But they had to make sure it hit what they were aiming at, because after firing it had to sit helpless in space for awhile and let it's systems recharge. A bit of a design flaw I always thought. It looks good though.

That's the point - you can't have a superweapon that can fire devastating shots on demand without any kind of downside.
True enough. All they needed though was just a switch on the weapon controls labelled "half power". It would have saved a lot of that helpless drifting in space. ;)

But you're right, there's always got to be a "problem". It would spoil many a story line otherwise.

Edit: That's now reminded me of this.

Last edited:
Back