Which ship would you rather traverse the galaxy?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 63 comments

Which ship would you choose and why/why not

• Milano: Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Millenium Falcon

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • The Phoenix: Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Nell: Battle Beyond the Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagle5: Spaceballs

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Jupiter II: Lost in Space

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters
That's a really big ship. It requires a crew the size of a town to run it. Ships from the choices above require a bare minimum crew. Something like the Nostromo, all though a small crew is needed to operate it, is pretty much a dump truck.

This is going to sound so geeky but the NX-01 only requires 80 crew. There are countless other times when all the generation of Enterprises have been run on minimal crew in various situations. Even Kirk managed to steal a ship with a crew complement of 430 with a few pensioners! With computers you could probably get away with a handful of people.

You could include the USS Defiant if size is a sticking point, it only needs 50 max.

There are countless other times when all the generation of Enterprises have been run on minimal crew in various situations.
And sometimes less than that. The D was stolen wholesale by four aliens (well, two...ish), while Voyager ran on a crew of two, then one and a half and then one for 2 months.

Still though, the right answer is the Heart of Gold.

Modified J-type 327 Nubian Starship

Naboo_Royal_Starship.png

Give it a coat of Maziora Seyfert and replace blue LEDs with green

This is going to sound so geeky but the NX-01 only requires 80 crew. There are countless other times when all the generation of Enterprises have been run on minimal crew in various situations. Even Kirk managed to steal a ship with a crew complement of 430 with a few pensioners! With computers you could probably get away with a handful of people.

You could include the USS Defiant if size is a sticking point, it only needs 50 max.

it's why I left out a slew of star wars ships that are worthy: Imperial shuttle, X-Wing, Y-Wing, etc. (Slave 1 is a good mention).

Star Trek as well. I seeithose ships as a Destroyer rather than being a corvette or cruiser type ship. If it only needs 50 to be functional, it's still a big ship. All of the ships above need one or two crew to function and maintain them. Hey, I'd like some firepower too against some baddies out there in the universe. But the Falcon outran an Imperial star ship , "not just a bulk cruiser.. the big Correllian ones." :sly:
Modified J-type 327 Nubian Starship

View attachment 371569

Give it a coat of Maziora Seyfert and replace blue LEDs with green

This would be a nice ship to pilot.

That film was so bad that I tore out my own eyeballs so I didn't have to see any more of it.

I actually really like the first half of it, whilst it's just a pure sci-fi film. Once it becomes a horror film it does become truly bobbins.

My choice would be Boba Fett's Slave I.
After further consideration (and after having just finished watching Alien again)
I change my ship to the Nostromo;

I also really like the designs in Moon. Great film I would recommend watching.

I've spent a good portion of this winter re-watching the Star Trek Voyager seasons
and that ship is very resilient.
Another sci-fi film I remember enjoying is Red Planet. Haven't seen that one for over ten
years though, and last time I watched it was on VHS.

Edit;
Other recommendations to watch. Contact and Sphere.

Last edited:
Heighliner_NonInstanced.jpg

Just a "flying tube" but Spacing Guild Heighliners could be used to fold space to travel vast distances across the universe in an instant. That saves a bit of time to harvest spice.

(Still love the whole Dune saga)

Last edited:
This is an awesome topic. 👍

Let's see. The YT-1300A class Millennium Falcon gets a vote for the thing's sheer personality. Have you guys read the book of the same name? Interesting stuff. It's a hot-rodded freighter with a cruiser hyperdrive, a main computer that's completely psychotic, and there was a goof on the production line that guarantees that the ship does not play well with others, and sometimes forgets just what it's supposed to be doing. It's been abused, but it's the fastest pile of junk for a reason. It's got the build quality of a Triumph and has been beaten repeatedly by a spanner wielding eight foot tall walking carpet. What's not to like?

Milano's got a tape deck. Hard to find a ship with that option list. :lol:

But the vote for me is the XGP-15A2 Outlaw Star. Because it can arm wrestle and hulk smash spacefaring vessels while going outrageously fast. Reasons.

Yeah, the Outlaw Star would be my pick too. Aside from the reasons you mentioned, it just looks badass. Also, Naked Navigator Melfina.

You mean the giant superweapon destroyed purely by luck by a rag-tag faction of the intergalactic government that somehow didn't notice it being built in the first place?

The epitome of single failure point engineering.

"We're channeling the power of an entire sun. How many thermal oscillators should we build? One's enough? Sure?"

You mean the giant superweapon destroyed purely by luck by a rag-tag faction of the intergalactic government that somehow didn't notice it being built in the first place?

Sure. But I wouldn't go sucking up any suns, so that's not something to worry about.

The epitome of single failure point engineering.

"We're channeling the power of an entire sun. How many thermal oscillators should we build? One's enough? Sure?"
Might I add that Starkiller Base was also destroyed by the three most dysfunctional heroes in the galaxy, who were piloting the same starship that destroyed the last two superweapons. It's like every single decision is being made by the least-qualified person in the room.

Quite a tough choice. I was leaning towards the Phoenix, but alternatively I'd probably choose either the Odyssey (Ulysses 31), or the X-bomber from Starfleet.. Thing comes attached with a badass robot.

Can I write some in?

1) Skylark Of Valeron
2) Enterprise-E (might require a few crewmen to help keep things running)
3) Heart Of Gold
4) Spaceball One

Latest Posts

Back