WHICH SINGLE EVENT HAVE YOU FOUND MOST DIFFICULT IN GT6

• Thread starter smitty33
  • 114 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
latics33
Which single event have you found most difficult in GT6 so far. It could be a race, a seasonal . a licence test, or any of the peripherals such as Goodwood. Which have you had to have most attempts at before succeeding.

My vote goes to Super licence 5, getting the Veyron round Ascari in a set time.

Which single event have you found most difficult in GT6 so far. It could be a race, a seasonal . a licence test, or any of the peripherals such as Goodwood. Which have you had to have most attempts at before succeeding.

My vote goes to Super licence 5, getting the Veyron round Ascari in a set time.
there have been quite a few thread like this... but i found the senna events to be difficult...

The Le Mans 700PP Seasonal that opened last week is driving me bananas, I think I need to find a tune because the leading 88C-V and its friends leave the rest of the pack in dust, and not even my power-limited turbo 908 can catch them with its virtually constant flood of power.

For me it is definitely the current Le Mans seasonal A class race. I had to go with a 2J as I simply couldn't get first place with anything else. Probably doesn't help that I'm a rubbish racer :) too much lower PP TT'ing me thinks. ;)

It reminded me of the problems I had with a certain Expert Seasonal featuring Subaru's at Laguna Seca on GT5. Nightmares anyone ;)

It was one of the karting events, can't remember which one, but it was before they updated them so you can use SRF. I found a top tip on this forum about adding some ballast & putting it on the rear to improve the balance, that helped a lot. I don't like Career Mode, but had to do it to open up the online part of the game, GRRRR!

Last edited:
For me, the Nurburgring Nordschleife Season Event with the Lexus race car (about a month or so ago) was the hardest Seasonal Event for me thus far. I actually put a fair amount of effort into that event and I just couldn't achieve a Gold Medal. I'm not talking about being half a second short either...I was like 5 seconds off pace. That's a lot!

I'm on of average skill (at best) but I can usually Gold the Seasonal Events if I put effort into them. A lot of them I can Gold on a single lap of effort. Others might take 20 attempts. That Nurburgring event took many more attempts than 20 and I just couldn't do it.

Having said that, I haven't obtained Gold on all of the license tests, so maybe I should go back and try those that only have Bronze or Silver again. The Veyron lap on Ascarii is definitely a very difficult event (even to get Bronze), so maybe it's technically harder than the Nordschleife event in that regard. :banghead:

1.Senna F1 at Brands Hatch
2.125cc Shifter Kart Race at GTArena
3. S-License Round 1&4 (5 is easy if you use the handbrake)

EDIT: With the last one I'm not kidding, it's hard but I did it in my 3rd attempt somehow, the first two resulting in crashes at the 1st hairpin.
Use the handbrake for sharp tuns, I recommend it.

125 shifer kart race at GT arena, also on willow springs kart track, mann it cost me some nerves. But i did it
What? The Willow Springs Kart Track isn't even in the game! (not yet at least)
kart-track-map.jpg

Well i dont know exsactly the track, but there is a little willow springs track in the 125 kart shifter championship.
That one i mean...
I know it has some S curves like Suzuka in it..

Well i dont know exsactly the track, but there is a little willow springs track in the 125 kart shifter championship.
That one i mean...
I know it has some S curves like Suzuka in it..
Streets of Willow.

And although it was all pretty easy (still don't see how karts get so much hate), the Veyron/Ascari combo was the one that took the most restarts.

Veyron/Ascari easy for me. I only had to practice how to take turn 1 tricky chicanes.. and the rest easy.

P.S. for karts
I think its not the tracks that were hard in the championship.. they were easy, but the opponents were really hard. So i was surprised that it was not a easy chase the rabbit. You had to work for it, no mistakes or the rabbit (1st place) was gone..

Veyron/Ascari took a large number of attempts... The events either side of it took barely any time at all, but I spent ages trying to gold that one, and it was the last one I needed to gold...

Agree with @ALB123 that Nordschleife seasonal with the untuneable Lexus IS F CCS-R courtesy car. I could only get within touching distance on the braking, on the straight at the end of the lap.

I platinummed? and completed about a month ago, consider myself competent, but that was hard. My top four, and one I can't see mentioned yet:

1. Nordschleife seasonal- Lexus CCS-R. Could not do it!
  2. S-5 mission race Nordschleife- Ford GT40 Mark I
  3. S-5 licence Ascari- Bugatti Veyron.
  4. Lunar Mission 3
Loved what there was of Senna, been playing since the launch by then, so got in the groove and didn't find it too hard.

Completed the Ascari Bugatti at a friends for him first, so wasn't so bad when I did it for myself.

That Lexus IS took the biscuit for me though, it handled horribly in its presented form.

i don't remember what it was called but it was one of the mission races, where you had to use a castrol tom's supra to take over an nsx and a gtr, took me ages to do it right, i kept being off by like .020 of a second.

I would say the 3rd lunar event, struggled with it for about a week before letting it go, although in my opinion it's a bit of a gimmick so I won't lose any sleep over it. Other then that, I'd go with the karting events, particularly the 125 shifter, the only event I can recall that I had to resort to "unorthodox" manoeuvres, and only after I'd fluffed up on Willow the first time around... the 2 Nordschleife events (the online seasonal + S-licence GT40) took a couple of restarts, but those were a fun type of challenge, not the head-banging frustration type I experienced a couple of times with the karts.

I got bronze after about two hours on ascari with the veyron, that did for me I have not the patience to bother with anything higher on that test.
Karting and Nascar of any description I have well documented are my very least favourites and the ones I struggle with the most, I am pretty useless at gt6 though.

The last mission race for S events, that super lap in the Ford GT. It isnt the car, it's the stupid GT40 that ends up pushing me off the road... I simply gave up :( Way too frustrating.

S5 test 4 with the Aventador on Brands Hatch. That was so awful. Thank God I got gold on it by a few hundredths of a second.

All nurburgring events above 670pp, in carreer mode i adjusted my driving style from agressive to calm and did a good job, Untill the season event 7th august 2014. grrrr, but i got that after 1,5 hours.

Back