WHICH SINGLE EVENT HAVE YOU FOUND MOST DIFFICULT IN GT6

• Thread starter smitty33
  • 114 comments
The second Senna Event. Took me a week to learn and got it right when I set the TC off.
I didn't find hard in the last event as it took me only 1 day. Very challenging but I've learned a lot as I progress to get gold. Hint: downshift your car once when approaching corner (except on 2nd corner).

All the tests from N-1 to S-4 (though it took me 30 minutes to get gold) are all too easy for me (I haven't tried the last test 'cause I'm planning to get BTSOYT trophy first.

Azur course in the first Classic Supercar Festival event in I-B. 7 and 2J were insanely hard. I tried with a tuned Toyota 7 but I can't even catch them.

All tested on DS3

@justin credible

I think the same philosophy can be applied to this game. Take a car out that is rather powerful but handles pretty well. Go out on Nurburgring and instead of trying to set a record lap time, tell yourself that you're going to only concentrate on making sure you hit every apex of each turn, you don't run over any curbs unless it's intentional, etc... Tell yourself it's okay to brake sooner so you're in control and feel free to short shift and keep the revs low -- we aren't after record lap times. You'll probably be surprised with your lap time. It won't be all that bad because when you drive in total control you're not slamming on brakes, which kills speed and then having to floor it and then slam on brakes again, repeat, repeat. Try this exercise. I'm sure it will help.

THIS IS THE TRUTH!!! VERY NICELY PUT!
Here is my additional observation:
1. Optimal line (hitting the apex) vs. overdriving/off the track. This differentiate a proficient driver vs. a novice.
2. The exit speed. At this level, these folks already know the line in and out.This differentiate the professional vs. casual racers.
3. The entry speed. At this level, these folks have good line with great exit speed. The difference is mostly in the tenth of a second. This differentiate the champs vs. midpack racers.
4. The mental state/strategy/adaptation. At this stage, these folks have years of experience and drive very fast. It is their mental state that determines their consistency and persistence in their peak performance.This differentiate the legends vs. the occasional champs.

^^^^^^^I get these two posts above and it is all good and well doing the ring and never leaving the track and braking correctly etc but when it comes to some of the later races the AI cars are so fast I would be a lap down if I obeyed the driving line and braking zones set by the game. I have tried it and the driving line tells you to brake when there is no need and not to brake when you need to I turned that off ages ago as it makes no sense to follow it.
I struggle with AI cars taking bends at 90mph and when I try it on the same line at 85mph I slide straight off, I have messed with settings for ever and it makes the car a lot better but still no where near the grip required to get into a winning position. I accept I can't do it I am not as good at the game as a lot of people on here so now I am just concentrating on driving the races in National A and International B where it is fun not silly hard.
I quit trying that Senna thing and the last race on Goodwood and I have dropped the Redbull Challenge and that Lunar one I can't do them I haven't got the get up and go to even try them again as I know they are beyond me.
I got all the stars eventually on IA which is a huge achievment for me so I am happy now.
S-Class I did do the first race after ages trying the other races I haven't got a car which is any where near fast or grippy enough to challenge. My 900+bhp zonda gets eaten alive in those races so I know am way out my ability zone so don't do them. I can drive a fast car around the track without always sliding off but I cannot drive a fast car around the track and get past the AI and win as they are just to damn fast and as said take bends at sily pace when I can't thus I lose time they don't I lose they win which = no fun.

@justin credible I hear ya. I'm not the greatest driver either. I don't know if you pay attention to the weekly Seasonal Event threads, but if you do you'll notice that I'm always several seconds behind most people who post in that thread. 90% of the people who post in that thread could mop the floor with me. But that's okay!! As long as I'm having a good time doing what I do, I can accept the fact that I'm not the greatest Gran Turismo driver. I learn a lot from the people in those threads. I follow their discussions about tuning changes and advice on how to gain time at certain turns on whichever track is being used that week. Still, I don't come close to their times because they're just better at applying the fundamentals -- turning, accelerating and braking the car -- than I am. Fortunately, I have gotten better over the last few months. I used to miss out on Gold on quite a few Seasonal Events and now I seem to get gold weekly.

Granted, I don't put in the work that they do to continually improve meyTT lap times. That's why I'll NEVER be as good as they are. Dedication. They have it. They put the hours in. They've got the blisters to prove it. We all KNOW what to do in this game. We know which side of the track you want to be on when approaching a turn and we know where to find the apex based on the size, shape, speed, entry points and exit of the turn. But it's applying it that separates us from the Top 50 on the World Leaderboard and where we find ourselves. I know what I'm doing and I'm sure you do to Justin. We just have more difficulty applying it perfectly. If you and I are only 0.3 seconds slower thru a corner/turn and there are 10 such turns, we are going to be 3 seconds slower than our competitor! 0.3 seconds is the blink of an eye. But it adds up. And now if it's a 10 lap race, those 3 seconds per lap translates into a 30 second victory for our opponent.

That's what separates the aliens from the 1%'ers and then us.... fractions of a second here or there. It's almost insane when you think about it. I only have to be 0.2 seconds quicker through these corners in order to beat my friends on my friends list?! Then why the heck can't I do it?! Because it's just that darn hard to actually do.

Last edited:
@justin credible I hear ya. I'm not the greatest driver either. I don't know if you pay attention to the weekly Seasonal Event threads, but if you do you'll notice that I'm always several seconds behind most people who post in that thread. 90% of the people who post in that thread could mop the floor with me. But that's okay!! As long as I'm having a good time doing what I do, I can accept the fact that I'm not the greatest Gran Turismo driver. I learn a lot from the people in those threads. I follow their discussions about tuning changes and advice on how to gain time at certain turns on whichever track is being used that week. Still, I don't come close to their times because they're just better at applying the fundamentals -- turning, accelerating and braking the car -- than I am. Fortunately, I have gotten better over the last few months. I used to miss out on Gold on quite a few Seasonal Events and now I seem to get gold weekly.

Granted, I don't put in the work that they do to continually improve me TT lap times. That's why I'll NEVER be as good as they are. Dedication. They have it. They put the hours in. They've got the blisters to prove it. We all KNOW what to do is this game. We know which side of the track you want to be on when approaching a turn and we know where to find the apex based on the size, shape, speed, entry points and exit of the turn. But it's applying it that separates us from the Top 50 on the World Leaderboard and where we find ourselves. I know what I'm doing and I'm sure you do to Justin. We just have more difficulty applying it perfectly. If you and I are only 0.3 seconds slower thru a corner/turn and there are 10 such turns, we are going to be 3 seconds slower than our competitor! 0.3 seconds is the blink of an eye. But it adds up. And now if it's a 10 lap race, those 3 seconds per lap translates into a 30 second victory for our opponent.

That's what separates the aliens from the 1%'ers and then us.... fractions of a second here or there. It's almost insane when you think about it. I only have to be 0.2 seconds quicker through these corners in order to beat my friends on my friends list?! Then why the heck can't I do it?! Because it's just that darn hard to actually do.
Very nice post. 👍

Granted, I don't put in the work that they do to continually improve me TT lap times. That's why I'll NEVER be as good as they are. Dedication. They have it. They put the hours in. They've got the blisters to prove it. We all KNOW what to do is this game. We know which side of the track you want to be on when approaching a turn and we know where to find the apex based on the size, shape, speed, entry points and exit of the turn. But it's applying it that separates us from the Top 50 on the World Leaderboard and where we find ourselves. I know what I'm doing and I'm sure you do to Justin. We just have more difficulty applying it perfectly. If you and I are only 0.3 seconds slower thru a corner/turn and there are 10 such turns, we are going to be 3 seconds slower than our competitor! 0.3 seconds is the blink of an eye. But it adds up. And now if it's a 10 lap race, those 3 seconds per lap translates into a 30 second victory for our opponent.

Sadly over the last few weeks I have had a lot of time on my hands (out of work as my company closed) I have sussed out why I was falling short and your right lack of practice and changing cars to ones which will keep up with the AI is the key also not trying twice then thinking "oh **** off game" cost me a fair few million but it worked.
I have over the last couple of days done something I never thought I would and that is complete 5 races in the S-Class getting first place.
Your correct on the fractions adding up I now go to free run on garage settings with my chosen car for the race and practice on a clear track it is easier and more relaxed and no worries if I slide off, I spend half an hour learning the track then go back to the race and find it a lot easier to take bends and save those few fractions I need to win gold.
I am 89% complete on the game and am determined to up it in to the 90's.
Thanks for the advice an excellent post.

1. RedBull Junior at Grand Valley. Can't manage any finish better than 4th. Very frustrating.
2. Redbull at Goodwood.

So far the Lotus 97T Brands Hatch Senna event has been the most difficult one for me to get gold in. I have missed a lot of Seasonal Events and haven't got around to International or Super events yet though.

Which single event have you found most difficult in GT6 so far. It could be a race, a seasonal . a licence test, or any of the peripherals such as Goodwood. Which have you had to have most attempts at before succeeding.

My vote goes to Super licence 5, getting the Veyron round Ascari in a set time.
Most of the Kart races in GT Arena.. I hate those, mostly avoid them now and save my frustrations :) ive also found most of the Goodwood races tough.

Most of the Kart races in GT Arena.. I hate those, mostly avoid them now and save my frustrations :) ive also found most of the Goodwood races tough.

I feel your pain I hated karting so much and the gt arena is a nightmare. I have gold on all of them now.
I fiddled a bit with the gearbox settings for quicker acceleration (got rid of that all the ai scream off infront when you start) and I dropped the TC to about 1 or 2 if I recall I am sure I turned off all the other driving aids and sat for a couple of hours just doing it again and again going from 9th to 8th to 7th until I got 1st. And trust me pal if I can do it anyone can I am far far from being the best GT player/driver out there.

Sadly over the last few weeks I have had a lot of time on my hands (out of work as my company closed) I have sussed out why I was falling short and your right lack of practice and changing cars to ones which will keep up with the AI is the key also not trying twice then thinking "oh **** off game" cost me a fair few million but it worked.
I have over the last couple of days done something I never thought I would and that is complete 5 races in the S-Class getting first place.
Your correct on the fractions adding up I now go to free run on garage settings with my chosen car for the race and practice on a clear track it is easier and more relaxed and no worries if I slide off, I spend half an hour learning the track then go back to the race and find it a lot easier to take bends and save those few fractions I need to win gold.
I am 89% complete on the game and am determined to up it in to the 90's.
Thanks for the advice an excellent post.

Nice to hear you've gained a little more patience with it, and are now making waves within the higher career mode that had you pulling your hair out a while back.
Things like pre race practice through free run is always a good idea, even to just get the feel, BB or to adjust final gear.
These and other things you pick up playing yourself or gaining on here.
Doing more seasonal stuff, as there's not much in the game (even after 1.12) for me to do, I've now picked up the habit of watching my sector splits.

So much so, I recently got up to 188th in the WSR Senna F3 Madrid TT!:P

Don't forget these seasonals (if you've stayed connected) for making the money and keeping sharp, using lots of the cars bought from said cash, and tweaking cars to help you maintain and exceed what has made you faster and more adept at tackling the game. And making them gorgeous to drive (New FFB update:drool:)

I knew if you stuck with it.....

Good stuff mate. Hope job wise your sorted. UK Hard Times!

Last edited:
Nice to hear you've gained a little more patience with it, and are now making waves within the higher career mode that had you pulling your hair out a while back.
Things like pre race practice through free run is always a good idea, even to just get the feel, BB or to adjust final gear.
These and other things you pick up playing yourself or gaining on here.
Doing more seasonal stuff, as there's not much in the game (even after 1.12) for me to do, I've now picked up the habit of watching my sector splits.

So much so, I recently got up to 188th in the WSR Senna F3 Madrid TT!:P

Don't forget these seasonals (if you've stayed connected) for making the money and keeping sharp, using lots of the cars bought from said cash, and tweaking cars to help you maintain and exceed what has made you faster and more adept at tackling the game. And making them gorgeous to drive (New FFB update:drool:)

I knew if you stuck with it.....

Good stuff mate. Hope job wise your sorted. UK Hard Times!

Work is dire here unless you want to be in a dead end boring job with no chance of promotion or wage rises and when the wage is minimal legal it makes you feel a bit unrewarded for the hard work I have done for 30years now.

Anyway more important things GT6, I have gold on all the s-class now. I have gold in the last race at Goodwood.
I cannot gold the last Senna Challenge race or most of the Redbull challenge and also the Lunar Challenge is beyond me.
So I am happy I have done gold on 2from3 on Sierra rally. The quick races I had a go but same as most online racing spoilt by idiots smashing in to you and ruining races god I hate those idiots when you are up to 3rd or 2nd and some clot deliberately smashes in to you. I give it a miss now as it is just frustrating and no fun.
Those dreaded seasonals I have golded a few failed terribly at a few and still cannot see what people mean when they say use them to earn big bucks, they don't pay much at all.
Now I was hoping the latest update was going to fix my drifting problem but sadly no I still cannot cross the finish line and retain the points I have earned.
The WSR Senna F3 Madrid TT you mentioned I have never seen it! It isn't in my game unless I have missed it somewhere.

Work, I here ya @justin credible!

If you can do RedBull X1 Goodwood you can do the championship. You've prob done this but if you haven't, auto trans, SRF on, TCS off and equip RS tyres, AI have hards on I think. That would make it easier I reckon.

Senna....is just practice. Reading between the lines, I think you run with TCS most of the time on cars? Is that true? Lotus 97T just doesn't work with TCS. I've run with no aids except ABS 1 since GT4. Can't emphasise enough the importance I place on being able to drive all cars in this form. Still can't believe there's a gorgeous, intuitive wheel very near to you not being utilised :eek::(

3rd lunar mission I had to look at a YT vid by Tidgney to see how best to do it........

Stay away from quick match, unless they improve matchmaking or give us some sort of clean/dirty driver online rating (algorithm to check how many times we crash or stay clean like IRacing, not gonna happen)

For good clean online racing Go here:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-clubs-leagues/ introduce yourself when you find something that suits you, time wise, cars.

I use DS controller for drifting. Sensitivity is set to 3 for me. I've heard you say before you don't retain points. You can only be hitting something, already finished a drift or be too much over 90 degrees angle to do that, I can't see how else, I've just tried on the latest Tokyo/Matterhorn ones and that is the only way I could not retain points through a gate?. How the points are accumulated is a mystery to me, but sometimes it's best to follow the racing line, sometimes tight up against the curb or even out wide to yield best clocking up. Trial and error basically, but I think your ending up too acute or finishing a drift before the gate. Never heard of anyone having a similar problem.

Sounds like you're offline then. The senna F3 seasonal yields 800,000 credits on 200% login bonus (if your offline you don't get bonus obviously) and is available to run until 9/10. It's a super lap so only a one shot deal, for repeatables use the A-spec races. For big bucks must be connected Just. Stay hooked up.

Go here for all your seasonals stuff:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-seasonal-events/

And the senna one is here inside that:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...na-super-lap-circuito-de-madrid.316743/unread might start you at page 9.

Keep at it.

Eat.Sleep.Race.Repeat.

Last edited:
For me it's the drifting challenges. Tried the first one and found it impossible with auto tranmission and as I cannot do manual it is pointless even attempting, a shame really when I have 97% complete of the game.

Work, I here ya @justin credible!

If you can do RedBull X1 Goodwood you can do the championship. You've prob done this but if you haven't, auto trans, SRF on, TCS off and equip RS tyres, AI have hards on I think. That would make it easier.

Senna....is just practice. Reading between the lines, I think you run with TCS most of the time on cars? Is that true? Lotus 97T just doesn't work with TCS. I've run with no aids except ABS 1 since GT4. Can't emphasise enough the importance I place on being able to drive all cars in this form. Still can't believe there's a gorgeous, intuitive wheel very near to you not being utilised :eek::(

3rd lunar mission I had to look at a YT vid by Tidgney to see how best to do it........

Stay away from quick match, unless they improve matchmaking or give us some sort of clean/dirty driver online rating (algorithm to check how many times we crash or stay clean like IRacing, not gonna happen)

For good clean online racing Go here:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-clubs-leagues/

I use DS controller for drifting. Sensitivity is set to 3 for me. I've heard you say before you don't retain points. You can only be hitting something, already finished a drift or be too much over 90 degrees angle to do that, I can't see how else, I've just tried on the latest Tokyo/Matterhorn ones and that is the only way I could not retain points through a gate?. How the points are accumulated is a mystery to me, but sometimes it's best to follow the racing line, sometimes tight up against the curb or even out wide to yield best clocking up. Trial and error basically, but I think your ending up too acute or finishing a drift before the gate. Never heard of anyone having a similar problem.

Sounds like you're offline then. The senna F3 seasonal yields 800,000 credits on 200% login bonus (if your offline you don't get bonus obviously) and is available to run until 9/10. For big bucks must be connected Just.

Go here for all your seasonals stuff:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-seasonal-events/

And the senna one is here inside that:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...na-super-lap-circuito-de-madrid.316743/unread might start you at page 9.

Keep at it.

Eat.Sleep.Race.Repeat.

Thanks for the help.
I will be giving those links a good go.
On drifting I thought the same I must be doing something wrong.
I clock up points which register at the top right of the screen, the points in the centre of the screen go back to zero after each section is completed. When I cross the finish line the points I have accumulated at the top right of the screen just revert back to zero the second I cross the line and I get nothing. I have done the same event on a friends ps3 and no problem gold it is a crazy one and one I have not known anyone else to suffer from.
It's not a biggy though as drifting isn't my cup of tea so I don't lose any sleep over it.

On the Redbull challenge I have golded the first 2 it is just the last championship. I cannot even though I know the track well keep the car on the track. It is to fast for me to control the car I cannot keep up with the AI and just end up spinning off well driving off the track and once your in the sand it is game over. I cannot do a single lap in the Redbull car without going off, my brain cannot take in the speed of the car and make a decision to brake turn or anything before I am through the bend and in the sand, It is just a blur with my knowledge of the track the only thing which keeps me from being last after two bends. I did manage fifth in the first race of the championship a few times but first was a mile away. Another one I have labelled beyond my ability I accept it and no worries. I have done the championship but came last overall.
5th first race and last in every other one.

The Wheel is in the shed I suppose I should get it dusted off and sold really to someone who will put it to good use. I will get around to it one day. On using it I find the wheel or the pad makes no difference to lap times so I use pad it is just easier for me.

Last edited:
I'm stuck at %99 completion with only the final Senna challenge to go. The time to beat is 1.07.169 and my best is 1.07.804. I'm finding it very hard to go any quicker. If anyone can suggest settings or tips I would be very grateful.

Rainmasters. I know my limits and when an event is past my abilities, but for some reason Rainmasters shouldn't be as difficult as it's been. Which reminds me, it's time to go back and try to get the final gold at Le Mans.

I'm stuck at %99 completion with only the final Senna challenge to go. The time to beat is 1.07.169 and my best is 1.07.804. I'm finding it very hard to go any quicker. If anyone can suggest settings or tips I would be very grateful.
Traction Control 0, ABS 1, ABS Off and Active steering strong, I hopes this helps you.

Rainmasters. I know my limits and when an event is past my abilities, but for some reason Rainmasters shouldn't be as difficult as it's been. Which reminds me, it's time to go back and try to get the final gold at Le Mans.

Finally beat the Le Mans race. Took the Huyara '11 on SS, TCS and ABS set to '1'. Can't explain why this race gave me fits, but I did it. And never again.

Which single event have you found most difficult in GT6 so far. It could be a race, a seasonal . a licence test, or any of the peripherals such as Goodwood. Which have you had to have most attempts at before succeeding.

My vote goes to Super licence 5, getting the Veyron round Ascari in a set time.

For me it's the kart events and the super license 5 you mentioned!

After the pain it was to pass Mission 34 in GT4 and after PD went all out on Red Bull X2010 Special Event in GT5, they made GT6 painfully easy... Nothing was hard for me really, only the Senna challenged with his Lotus and Brands Hatch took a bit more effort, and this is tame as hell in comparison to quite a lot events on GT4 and GT5.

I doubt there will be a single event harder than GT5's Red Bull X2010 on Suzuka... Doing a 2:10:000 or better in 2 laps on one of the most technical circuits in the real world with a car that has the downforce of 5 current F1 cars with almost 2x the power and weighting less than the lightest F1s in history as well.

I never tried it with a wheel, but I hear and noticed via youtube videos that people with wheels manage better times than those with controllers. And I guess it's understandable because with the wheel you can control the throttle and brake with much better precision and also do both at the same time and you also have much precise steering as well than using a single thumb on an analog stick.

With the controller, for me it incredibly challenging. Many, many hours wasted just to get that platinum throhy.

@Grimm6Jack
In all GT series, I golded everything except RedBull in GT5. Mission 34 wasn't hard for me, maybe it was luck that I got gold in few tries. What I want to say is that Vettel challenge in gt5 is too much, I would never be able to spend that much time to get golds on that it's just ridiculous. It would be better to have more stuff like 8C on eiger or Senna on Brands H that are challenging but also kind of fun and not extremely hard to gold.

@Grimm6Jack
In all GT series, I golded everything except RedBull in GT5. Mission 34 wasn't hard for me, maybe it was luck that I got gold in few tries. What I want to say is that Vettel challenge in gt5 is too much, I would never be able to spend that much time to get golds on that it's just ridiculous. It would be better to have more stuff like 8C on eiger or Senna on Brands H that are challenging but also kind of fun and not extremely hard to gold.

Mission 34 wasn't hard for you? Probably because it's the European version... The NTSC version you have to wait a whooping 8 or 9 seconds more... The EU version is still not easy, but not extremely hard.

The 8C on Eiger was also a bit of a hassle, I hate that car.

And yes... Even the best of people take HOURS to gold the Red Bull Suzuka and even Nurburgring challenges. Even Golding Monza was out of reach for the average Gran Turismo player...

Back