Which tracks do you find frustrating?

I just dug up this thread. Gotta say I finally got one: Rome Short. It's not that I hate the course itself, it's that I HATE the way the AI drives it-particularly turn 3...that 90° corner takes concentration to get it right w/o smacking the opposite guardrail. Meanwhile, the other cars don't care! They'll push you rite down. I think of all the races, that's the one I've seen my lead sink from 1st or 2nd place to 5th or 6th in an instant. Oooh it makes me mad! As you can tell, I've been doing the Kei car races...

Last edited:
I love the nite courses visually, but sometimes I have trouble trying to gauge when those tricky chicanes are coming up and I turn too early, then ooops, there's the wall, so I countersteer...oops there's the other wall!. I have the most trouble with Clubman Stage Route 5 reversed; can never seem to get that 1st turn after the straight quite perfect. I have an easier time with SSR5 reversed, matter of fact.

Another note on Rome Short: turn 3...sometimes it helps to take this turn in-in-out. If you go out-in-out, the Ai will very willingly take advantage and cut inside your car to get ahead. I always crack up when I'm already on the inside of this turn and some blowhead is behind me, desperately trying to ruin my cornering! :)

Last edited:
Keep at it, driftdriftcrash. Some of the license tests may seem hard to a newb (I'm assuming you're new to GT?) but GT2's races are generally much easier than GT1.

Last edited:
yeah once you get the license tests once you pretty much have it down, it'll be much easier next time through.

hmm id have to say a hardish track for me is.. apricot hill reverse, one of the corners always catches me off guard, it does even worse in gt3 :lol: im not sure what 'number' corner it is il check next time im doing the track

Ha ha I'll bet it's turn 8 (in reverse)? That's the 1st turn after the long 180° bend. It leads into an esses section. That one catches me off guard cuz you really have to slow down heavily for it, or ride into the grass. It's one of those corners that looks much easier than it is. After doing this course multiple times in manufacter races, I'm finally ‘getting’*this section of the track.

Hey has anyone ever had to race Laguna Seca reversed randomly? I just realized the other day I've NEVER had to race this course.

Last edited:
hey same here.. i dont even think ive ever hit the corkscrew backwards even in practice or anything, il have to try it thanx 💡

and yeah i think you have the right corner in ur mind. its hard cuz its slightly blind, and at first going into it over the hill you lose most of ur grip

I would say grindenwald, its so ****KING dumb, i always get offguard with a 90 degress turn, i cant even tell its there so i go all the way into the grass then spend my time trying to get out of it. :grumpy: :grumpy: :scared: :scared: :nervous:

Awww bro, I LOVE Grindelwald! I especially love getting to the top of that hill, racing down the backstretch (where the trolley is parked), and getting the tight chicane section just right! The AI f\/cks this up like 70% of the time so it's like ha haaa look at me, I'm a champion! And then I do a delicious power slide into the hairpin. I love the cows too (yes, there are cardboard cutout cows right b4 the hairpin). And the Swiss Miss ski lodges. Not only that, but Grindelwald appears exclusively in GT2. Sorry, I just love that track. As Pupik said, I wish they featured it more for harder races.

Last edited:
Laguna Seca is horrible right after the starting line where the s turn is. Myn full hopped up RX-7 always jumps it and i lose control and spin out.

Parnelli Bone
Hey has anyone ever had to race Laguna SEca reversed randomly? I just realized the other day i've NEVER had to race this course.
Internal game codes reveal there was no reverse Laguna Seca course available in the game.

Sports Car GT had a reverse Laguna Seca course. I suspect the owners of Laguna Seca did not approve of that.

Since I've had the time to give it some thought...
Why is Rome Night not available except in the license tests, and the manufacturer's comps?

Why did it not get carried over to any of the later games?
The track is a highly technical track with plenty of challenge.
I believe (IMHO)that all the people that hate RR valley would enjoy an enduro at Rome Night.

Interesting, Sportwagon. Guess that explains why Laguna Seca reversed never comes up. Wonder why the track owners wouldn't appprove...is it cause people don't race it reversed in r/l? Now if we can just hack a code to get Super Speedway reversed....I'm KIDDING!

Gil: Again, I think it's due to the rushed game syndrome. My theory is perhaps Polyphony was putting a lot of time & energy into Rome Nite (hence, it's the best looking ‘new’ track in GT2) and didn't have time to include it in any sim races except the random ones. Thanks to Sony. Again, I'm specualting. Sportwagon probly knows the real answer to this! And yes, I agree: a Rome Nite enduro would totally rock.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Gil: Again, i think it's due to the rushed game syndrome. My theory is perhaps Polyphony was putting alot of time & energy into Rome Nite (hence, it's the best looking ‘new’ track in GT2) and didn't have time to include it in any sim races except the random ones. Taanks to Sony. Again, i'm specualting. Sportwagon probly knows the real answer to this! And yes, i agree: a Rome Nite enduro would totally rock.

With as much as they "rushed" to get GT3, and GT4 out to the masses, you'd think that they could have put a couple of the "interesting" tracks in these games.
I hate SSR 11. I hate it more in the reverse direction. But I'm quite fond of Rome Nite, Grindelwald, and (I know I'll catch some flack) Red Rock Valley.
I also liked the Tahiti track in GT 2.

Heck, I may have to go find my copy of GT-2 and start a new game.
It would be interesting to play it with as few mods as possible, vs modding right up to HP limits...

Gil
With as much as they "rushed" to get GT3, and GT4 out to the masses, you'd think that they could have put a couple of the "interesting" tracks in these games.
I hate SSR 11. I hate it more in the reverse direction. But I'm quite fond of Rome Nite, Grindelwald, and (I know I'll catch some flack) Red Rock Valley.
I also liked the Tahiti track in GT 2.

Heck, I may have to go find my copy of GT-2 and start a new game.
It would be interesting to play it with as few mods as possible, vs modding right up to HP limits...

I don't think they rushed GT3 and 4 so much as the 2nd game. At least I don't hear of any massive bugs in 3 & 4 like 2 had. I think Sony learned a huge lesson from their GT2 experience. After only a month after the game was released, they already had a hotline set up for people who were complaining and wanting new discs due to lost cars from the garage bug, mostly. Sony knew they better get their ass in gear or face massive publicity problems it seems.

SSR11 I hated at first (didn't we all?) but grew to love it. And no, you won't catch any flak from me about Red Rocks! I loved that track! Masssive massive speeds can be attained there. Tahiti is cool but you gotta admit the graphics suck on it. I mean it really looks bad...I've seen kids who can draw better pictures with a box of crayons than Tahiti. But as a track, it's awesome for drifting. It would be cool if they had programmed the sand on the side of the road to kick up into dust like it does on other tracks. That would make it more challenging.

Last edited:
Back