Which tracks do you find frustrating?

I've never really liked Deep Forest because you're always turning, and could never get the corner after the last tunnel right. Laguna Seca is great once you know when to break for the Corkscrew and last corner. The chicane at SSR11 was hugely satisfying when you got it right, espically flat out. The hairpin and the downhill left-right at Grindlwald is one of the best sections in the game. Never liked Pikes Peak very much.

The hairpin and the downhill left-right at Grindlwald is one of the best sections in the game.

Agreed; those kind of corners are always fun - in other left-rights or vice versa you usually get the time to position your car just like the last section of trial mountain but in that left-right downhill you still have a small bend to the right wich makes it all the more challenging bur when you see and go trough the perfect line, Neo ma man it´s great.

Clubman stage route as to be the track I play around less. Today after a veeeeeery long time of ignorance I decided to go for a couple of laps in the denso sard supra. You see I pretty much know the course since it´s ssr5 all the way but when it comes to the last two I look like a gt2 gamer in front of a new track. After some laps I managed to take the first of the last two corners in forth gear but in the last one I always seem to go too slow. I tried starting to turn somewhat before the 25m sign but either I went to close to the inner wall and had to deccelerate to avoid going to much to the outside when compensating or I turn to late and lost the apex; in my best tries I had shifted to forth gear just before finishing positioning for the finish line.
It´s a tad slow no?

Originally posted by Roo
I've never really liked Deep Forest because you're always turning, and could never get the corner after the last tunnel right. Laguna Seca is great once you know when to break for the Corkscrew and last corner. The chicane at SSR11 was hugely satisfying when you got it right, espically flat out. The hairpin and the downhill left-right at Grindlwald is one of the best sections in the game. Never liked Pikes Peak very much.

Deep forest can be a good track if you hvae the right car. My VW Lupo and my Lancia Delta HF were made for that track, they easily turn through that curve after that last tunnel.

Only track i think i would worry about losing on would be Laguna Seca because i always late brake after the turn thats after the finish line. (And sometimes i put the brake level to 24 sometimes and spin out :lol: ) But it is still i think a great track.

It's not that the track is fustrating, it is you who is not proficient at driving on that track. With practice comes perfection. Appreciate all tracks, you get better playing on ones you don't drive well on. Without satisfaction, you can't have victory.

It's not that the track is fustrating, it is you who is not proficient at driving on that track. With practice comes perfection. Appreciate all tracks, you get better playing on ones you don't drive well on. Without satisfaction, you can't have victor
You talking to me or someone else?

Leguna Seca is one of my favorite courses along with autumn ring mini, grindelwald, and seatle circuit. I played the 90laps endurance for leguna seca and i loved it so much i did it again. I used Escudo and had no problem lapping second place about 9 or 10 times. Grindelwald is nice for insane drifts and autumn ring and autumn ring mini are best drifted with the toyo trueno and toyo chaser.

I think Grindelwald is frustrating, but that's because it's the only track without curbstones :D

For you Laguna-haters: Laguna rulezz

HATE Grindlwald, HATE Moter Sports Land, LOVE Laguna Seca, Funny When AI\Me Spin Out At Laguna Seca`s Corkscrew! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. I Spin Out Less On Corkscrew, I Laugh At The AI When They Spin Out On The Corkscrew! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Autumn. Ring. Mini.
Why does that course even EXIST?!
That and Motor Sports Land...though I did have some fun in an Escudo on that course!

none of the tracks in GT2 annoyed me either, some of them that were carried over into GT3 did since I'd used them so much before, even since GT1 and I wanted a new set of tracks.

I'm with Vette 7t9...all tracks in GT2 are awesome, as long as you learn them. I could never get the hang of SS Route 11 reversed in GT1...mostly 'cause I didn't feel like sitting there and learning it (that course takes literally takes days to learn and then more days to master, whether you race it reversed or not!) So my vote is Route 11. :(

Last edited:
Let me guess, all those complaining bout the tracks you dont like, besides the person that said test course, is because you cant take the corners properly. sad... Ya know, i used to hate some courses, so i just repeated them, now i can drive super fast on leguna seca and deep forest. If you dont take the time to think about how to take the track in the fastest possible manner, then you wont enjoy the tracks. Think of it this way, if you cant drive fast on a track consider it a challege to learn how to tackle it, or other wise admit your not that greatly skilled

ok fine i have one beef...motor sports land. I mean, wtf! how can i abuse the power of the car on that course, when all i can get up to is the start of 2nd gear then have to brake.......and i cant drift the corners like this course was meant for..... or am i handicapped?

Trial Mountain still pisses me off. Running that course full tilt in a tweaked Elise 90 almost requires filing a flight plan. Not that I don't kick the AI's butt every time, I just don't like that course. It's much better in GT3, the improved resolution seems to help me with braking and turn-in points.

audiracing
the only course that I don't like is test course because it's so boring

Not when you're going 260 MPH in a GT-One Road Version.

SidsCycleShop
Trial Mountain still pisses me off. Running that course full tilt in a tweaked Elise 90 almost requires filing a flight plan. Not that I don't kick the AI's butt every time, I just don't like that course. It's much better in GT3, the improved resolution seems to help me with braking and turn-in points.

Not when you're going 260 MPH in a GT-One Road Version.

Trail Mountain used to be my favorite. I just love the jumps, there's the official one after the tunnel, but then also you can hit that curb on the right hand side (the one before the start/finish line) and your car will fly slightly sideways if you do it right. Also, the 2nd right-hander after the finish line is another unofficial place to get a car airborne.

Not too long ago I was turning some laps at the Autumn Ring (or at least trying to) and I realized I can't remember what it was that I liked about that course. Maybe I just wasn't having a good enough time bucking and bouncing on the rough surface of the track. Polyphony Digital could only go so far on the PS I guess.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like the Autumn Ring Mini even with PS2 graphics.

Red Rock Valley Speedway always used to catch me out at the last couple of turns. I'm not too fond of that one.

Parnelli Bone
Also, the 2nd right-hander after the finish line is another unofficial place to get a car airborne.

OK, that spot is awesome. It makes up for the somewhat unnerving tendency for cars to catch air in the first 3 corners. I suspect there's a touch of the 'freaky physics' at work there, somehow.

Seattle Short: What was the point?! It's used like twice!
Autumn Ring/Mini: Too technical. Even the NA race is pretty frustrating.
Rome Short: Zzzzzzzz *snores*

Most of the GT1 tracks. It was a nice touch when the barriers changed, but GT1 stayed the same. Why couldn't that be included? Thankfully they're being re-done for GT4.

And most importantly - Rome Night. It may have been frustrating but mastering it was one of the best challenges in the game ... and it was only used for a license test in GT Mode. Or it was available in Arcade. Frustrating.

Do you race?
Seattle Short: What was the point?! It's used like twice!
Autumn Ring/Mini: Too technical. Even the NA race is pretty frustrating.
Rome Short: Zzzzzzzz *snores*

Most of the GT1 tracks. It was a nice touch when the barriers changed, but GT1 stayed the same. Why couldn't that be included? Thankfully they're being re-done for GT4.

And most importantly - Rome Night. It may have been frustrating but mastering it was one of the best challenges in the game ... and it was only used for a license test in GT Mode. Or it was available in Arcade. Frustrating.

Rome is indeed dull

Test course in GT2 is way too bumpy. Its hard to get the best out of a lot of cars like the elise GT1

Heihachi
Rome is indeed dull

Test course in GT2 is way too bumpy. Its hard to get the best out of a lot of cars like the elise GT1
Only Rome Short. Rome Long is pretty good, especially the switchback at the Colosseum (Sectors 1-3). And Rome Night was and still it excellent. I was so frustrated when I could only race it in Arcade mode against laughable opponents.

The only bumps i get on Test COurse are when I set the car up for maximum speed and take to corners ar about 365km/h. Try using the HKS Drag Car on it!

The test course, of course :-)

The other day I used the DFP with GT3 for the first time (still 75%) and my first race was the 15 laps at Test Course in the All Japanese Championship, it's better that using the PS2 controller, but still too boring for other thing than speed test and license tests.

Back